New Xbox 360 isn't so hot after all...

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 64
Well, it's been a little over month since the 360's first bowed in the US and the 360 is crapping out.

Apparently, the power supply units are overheating and need to be replaced. Now, at my work and at a few other locations, the display models are starting to not recognize the wired controllers.

I'm not sure whether or not this controller problem is widespread or strictly observed in the disply units, but it is rather disenchanting to see the representative models start to crap out at your local XBox 360 retailer.

I knew the 360 came out way too early for it to be problem-free. There couldn't have much time spent in product testing seeing as such a basic little problem as an overheating power supply could not have been forseen.

In any case, this furthers my resolve to wait for the hopefully flawless PS3. I probably will end up purchasing both units, but I just can't see why people were crazy enough to purchase the first batch of 360's. I hope that people won't fly off the handle buying the PS3, too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
not supposed to be a comma between PS3 and too.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3571
most people who bought the 360 new that microsoft rushed it out (i no i did), i bought it just because.lol

Username: Thepunisher

Post Number: 6
not to down talk the 360 but i just dont think it looks that amazing for the money. the console is expensive, the games are expensive, and honestly the graphics so far are just as good as some computer games. it still is way ahead of the other consels though

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4009
so pc games are just as good....i have yet to see that honestly but I hope they are because ill switch to strickly pc games with all this every few years bring out a new system pattern....any suggestion on these great looking pc games you mention to check out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4010
ps i like war games and racing games and role playing also

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 287
Another problem, according to Llamma.com, is that there are X-Box 360 consoles that are scratching discs during use.

It almost seems like the original X-Box was far better in design from a quality standpoint. - Reinhart

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
Oh, forgot to add.

As for unimpressive graphics, well, that's to be expected. The previous generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, Dreamcast) was a real quantum leap ahead of the older generation before it. But, perhaps, the jump was too large....

Now, the newer consoles may still look impressive. But, the difference between, say, an X-Box versus an X-Box 360, may not be remarkable enough to really impress people.

What may matter now is not only making realistic images, but also making a system that can deal with it in realtime with few problems. But, more importantly, perhaps this will also place more focus on another important, yet generally overlooked, aspect of the equation: the overall quality of gameplay. - Reinhart

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 257
I agree the xbox 360 is overrated. The ridiculous hunt for the system is crazy. Even if the system was as good as its been made out to be, whats the rush to get one and pay more than double its cost. Have you seen the games at launch ?? thats just plain garbage god damn garbage.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
anybody know what kind of graphics processing the 360 has? 128-bit? 256-bit??

Bronze Member
Username: Hailgalvatron

Post Number: 15
i just got one and love it. after playing ps2, then turning on the 360, it's like night and day. you haveta see it in action. DOA4 and PDZ are amazing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4117
I have a premium edition 360 xbox factory sealed and I changed my mind on keeping it so Im selling it on ebay

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3738
^Hope u make alot of $$$$

Gold Member

Post Number: 4121
I did allright but the darn shipping costs are insane

Gold Member

Post Number: 4122
I made $93.00 after all the shipping fees paypal fees ebay listing fees but still thats not bad for a one day ebay listing

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3807
thats not that good.lol, i would have bought it from u for at least twice that much

Gold Member

Post Number: 4144
its sold for 570.00

Gold Member

Post Number: 4145
including shipping

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
Comparing a PS-2 to an Xbox 360 will be dramatic, considering that the PS-2 doesn't have hardware antialiasing, for one. But, compare the 360 to the regular Xbox.

There may still be a good difference, but is it impressive and dramatic enough to justify a replacement system for Microsoft?

Besides, if there are also reliability problems to boot, then what's the point? - Reinhart

Gold Member

Post Number: 4183
thats exactly why i didnt keep it "reliability" plus theres only so many games out and they are expensive as much as 60 bucks. I can wait till the reliabilty issues are out of the way and the price of the machine comes down and the price of the games comes down. Till then its good old xbox 1 and ps2 and dreamcast for me.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3928
^me 2, i barely ever play my 360

Gold Member

Post Number: 4191
at least I sold the 360 for 570.00 hehe

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3997
thats a nice profit, just wait until the ps3 comes out, im gonna get 5 and sell the on ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us