Squiggly lines across screen for xbox hd

Username: Mrckone

Toledo, Ohio U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
I recently purchased the AV pack with component and optical out. The surround sounds fine. However, when I set the settings for the xbox hud to 480p and then turn on a game I get squiggly lines across the screen. I have a 36" sony wega flat screen that is just a year old and is hd ready. I am not sure of the model since I am doing this from work. The picture is much better with the component hook up then the composite that I had. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 63
"I recently purchased the AV pack with component and optical out. The surround sounds fine. However, when I set the settings for the xbox hud to 480p and then turn on a game I get squiggly lines across the screen. I have a 36" sony wega flat screen that is just a year old and is hd ready. I am not sure of the model since I am doing this from work. The picture is much better with the component hook up then the composite that I had. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Try using shielded cables for the component video instead of the cables that came with your advanced A/V pack.

One thing you could do is use three lengths of RG-6 coaxial cable and terminate the ends with RCA (cinch-type) connectors. Use them for the component video connections. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us