Help with ps2 cable set up please!

Username: Hiilikus

Post Number: 1
hey, i was wondering...i just moved into my res at uni and my room has a tv included. i brought my ps2, but the tv only has a yellow vid. in and a white aud. in. the ps2 has the white, red and s-vid cables. what do i put where, and what should i buy to connect the s-vid? any help would be amazing, thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Stars

Post Number: 213
hmmmmmmmmm, maybe put the yellow in the yellow and the white in the white or buy a tv.........? I don't kno.

Username: Hiilikus

Post Number: 2
i've been doing some more research, would an RFU adaptor do the trick?

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 422
Read your Ps2 MANUAL - it gives directions on what to do in that case . I think u simply leave the red off (but check the manual still). NOTE - if u plug any color into the wrong color terminal ,it can damage the Ps2's circuitry !!!

Doesn't Playstation also have a hotline where u can call & trouble shoot ...

Yes u can also buy a RFU that can allow it to be plugged on the TV's cable ready connector - very simple & cheap about $10 & u can find it @ BB,CC,EB agmes or even Target, Walmart .

Frido
Unregistered guest
You shouldn't bother with an RFU with what you have.
Connect the video normally, yellow to yellow, and set the playstation on Mono in the settings and in-game, and while it is on mono, test which one(white or red) produces sound. If only one, choose that one, if both choose either.
In case you cannot set it to Mono for some bizzare reason I'd suggest going with the red as the default mono, I think its universal..

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 924
momo

jibbi
Unregistered guest
how do you fix an dre on a ps2 that has two white knobs to adjust5 the angle

jibbi
Unregistered guest
how do you fix an dre on a ps2 that has two white knobs to adjust the angle
« Previous Thread Next Thread »