PS3

Bronze Member
Username: Stars

Post Number: 37
The PS3 will have 2 teraflops, and will support up to 7 players, and have built-in Ethernet to connect online gamers. Its release is not dated yet, I think...But the color will be silver and what do u guys think of the PS3 will it be good or not worth your cash?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
...the PS3 is set to come your way in mid-2006!

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 784
september '06. it is laggin behind the 360. it didn't have any games for playing at its unveiling. just videos. and it has no hard drive (makes no sense).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
ok, i'll probably get the 360 and maybe the ps3 too.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 786
oh, don't get it twisted. i'm sure they will figure something out by the time lauching comes. i'm currently strictly a PS man. they have always been dependable for good titles.
for 99.00/game they had best to do something.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
i'm getting the 360 fr several reasons bc the games that will come out on the 360, like dead or alive 4, Ninja Gaiden 2 (I think?) but also I want 2 get the ps3

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 787
must be nice. let us know how it is.
this november, right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
um, I think...but don't 4get resident evil 5 and halo 3! :-) But the games 4 ps3, mgs 4 and dms 4. Those games I like also that I can't 4 2 come out! :-)

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 792
the only ps3 title i'm anticipating is starship ghost (is that right?) although i'm certain the grand turismo and nba live should be pretty sick.
i think socom 3 will hold me off till then :-)

bobsuruncle
Unregistered guest
Hey, does any1 no the cost of ps3. Oh and Jill, what is dms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Um...i don't kno but the 360 will b around $300, oh oops..I mean dmc 4, i think, i can't remember...but i don't about the ps3 price

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 279
They might have to open 'a few therapy centres' when those new systems come out !.

Don't be hating - but i can't stand the Gran Turismo series !!! . The @#$%! controls are so damn hard , 1 mistake & u lose the race . Have to say its the most realistic looking series but i can't stand the gameplay - it sucks !

BTW - Need for speed is THE best racing of all time . No not that flashy Underground 1 or 2 but my all time fav car racing is NFS Hot Pursuit 2 on the Ps2 . None o those cheap @$$ $20,000 cars but 100 gs Exotics - now thats what i'm talikng about !!! .

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 829
GT is definately a simulation that happens to be fun to play. but the fact that it's an actual simulation leads to the necessity of experienced driving. the technique that you have to use is as close to reality as a game gets (currently). it's not an "arcade" style game at all. it helps a bunch if you have had extensive experience with the previous GT editions.
lost the memory on the first card. had to start all the way over again. then wifey "lost" the memory card itself. either i find that card or get a shark code or something, 'cuz i'm not starting over again.
but i agree, nfs hot pursuit was a sweet game. one of the few that ferrari liscensed to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
oh.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 307
I just loved busting through the police roadblocks & knocking off some off the other cars on the road - sorta like what burnout came to do about 2yrs after .

But truely - the NFS series goes back a long way & is the most popular ever of racing games whether its a sim/arc style ......

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky34

IL

Post Number: 32
ps3 is gonna be soo expensive, even the head sony guy (dont know or give a $hit what is name is) said that people are going to have to put in some extra hours to buy it. Whic makes me think of like a 499 or up price tag. Riduculous. Not worth it, ill wait for first price cut before i buy it, unless somethin just blows me away. Hey again Rovin, i at least know what im talking bout here. Not like car audio and dont know crap.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 328
Small world ain't it baji - btw how did u choose that name , an INDIAn connection there somewhere ?! .

We all remember Ps2 started off @ $300 & now its 1/2 that so yes wait a lil while + it'll give software developers chance 2 bring out even more games .Best 2 wait 2 see if there'll be any bugs/problems in the beginning too like the PSP had .

Not bragging but i own a store that deals only in Playstation games so i do know @ least 5 minutes into every game that comes out - it just that i don't have the time as i used to & now i'm gonna dive headlong experimenting in my car's audio setup .

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 342
Just testing out something here ........

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 343
ok - it works ........

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
k....

Anonymous

BUMP !

Velocity
Unregistered guest
fisrt the sony made you blow money to buy a mmeory card for both systems...not son wants you to blow what?????over 100 per controller?????yeah ok I'll make sure I buy 7 frickin controolers!!!stupid.......sonys going overboard....

Bronze Member
Username: Atterberry_2006

Montgomery, Missouri United states

Post Number: 32
i thank the ps3 gameconsole will be better then the xbox 360 but the xbox 360 games will be a lot better then the playstation 3 games. i will probaly buy both the ps3 and xbox 360. do you know how many controllers the ps3 will alone.

Bronze Member
Username: Atterberry_2006

Montgomery, Missouri United states

Post Number: 39
i already have the xbox 360 but i will probaly get rid of it to get a ps3 when it comes out.

Username: Brianyank24

Post Number: 2
the ps3 is going to be extremely better than the xbox 360. buy waiting all of this time after the xbox 360 they prabaly learned some stuuf from it and the ps3 even is ganna have its own chip specially desighned for it to make it extremely fast. also the graphics will be amazing and it wont hav eso many problems the the xbox 360 had in the beguining.

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 502
I have few question's about the PS3, hopefully someone can help me out

1. will ps3 games be HI-DEF?
2. will ps3 games be in 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound
3. and will they be in like DTS, and THX?

Silver Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 115
04EXCURSION: YES to #1 and #3. Actually, THX is a subclassification of the DD decoder. It's more of a "higher standard" decoding, but it's still Dolby Digital. So it's DTS and Dolbe Digital.

Not too sure on 6.1 vs 7.1, but hey, even true 5.1 is pretty awesome. If you've played Doom 3 I'm sure u know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us