Major Help Needed!

Ollie
Unregistered guest
I just bought some creative 7.1 speakers T7700 with no decoder with the idea of using it with my xbox. Disaster the is no Stereo Left and right inputs. I have looked around and the only option is to pay for a very expensive dvd player. IS there any other cheaper or am i doomed to spend?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 376
you will have to spend money on a receiver that can decode the digital output of the xbox.

Ollie
Unregistered guest
is there a cheaper decoder than the creative DDTs-100

Ollie
Unregistered guest
also couldnt i just by a 5.1 dvd player?

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
you'll be hard pressed to find a DVD player that is not capable of 5.1 digital output, however, you would still need to have a receiver that can decode those signals to be sent to the separate speakers. Or you could get a home theater in a box...which contain a receiver, 5 speakers, a subwoofer and a dvd player(sometimes no dvd player) at affordable prices. You never did mentions a budget.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 31
You must have gotten your xbox when they first came out. The newer xboxes should decode 7.1 or at least 5.1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
actually, it is the receivers job to decode 7.1 or 5.1. The DVDs are flagged by the players, a signal is sent out and the receiver plays it. Either way, the issue here is not the x-box, new version or not is immaterial, the issue is a receiver, capable of driving the 7.1 speakers

Username: Jeeper

Sarasota, Florida

Post Number: 1
I need help in tying my x-box to my surround system. My surround is an older Kenwood 5.1 Dolby receiver but it has no S-Video connection on it. I only have an audio optical running from my DVD to the Receiver. X-box works if I plug it into the red,white and yellow inputs on the front of my TV but no surround out of speakers only sound from TV itself.
Thanks,

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
You need to use the digital output of the X-Box connected to the digital input of your receiver. The red and white output of the X-box does not produce digital signals and certainly not 5.1 signals.

Matt Whitesides
Unregistered guest
To Gary
if u havent bought the advanced av pack that is what u need for 5.1 on xbox(i think u have by your question) u dont have to use s-video or componet video u can use the normal yellow coard like that come with normal dvd players but it dosent come with one and u need to buy a optical coard to plug into the reciver the red and white coards are just left and right speakers and the optical coard is 5.1 or 7.1 but xbox dosent support 7.1 and xbox can play dvds if u have only one optical coard slot

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
where do you get your information that x-box does not support 7.1??

Unregistered guest
I am trying to hook the xbox into the pioneer es-1000dv home theater system using the video inputs. i can get great surround sound audio but no picture. anybody have a clue?

Silver Member

Post Number: 836
make sure you connected the video output from the xbox into the video input of the TV.

ramone
Unregistered guest
on the back of the home theater unit there are 3 plugs, red and white for left and right audio and a yellow for video which match up perfectly with the cable from the xbox. the audio works great; no video.

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
is there a video cable running from the home theater unit to the video input of the tv???

BillH
Unregistered guest
i ordered the monster cable 5.1 speaker set, and on some of the website i see they say it works with any system that has RCA cables. Does that mean i dont need a receiver?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1100
You still need a receiver. The RCA cables are just for connectivity.

gfgdfgdfgdfg
Unregistered guest
i have a rear projection tv and i was told that an x box will ruin the picture,Is This TRUE?? If it is i have to move it to the small A$$ tv upstairs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
yes it might. It's called burn in, if there is a constant image on the screen for extended periods of time, this can happen. You should have a warning that came with your TV.

BiLLH
Unregistered guest
berny, i got the system a few weeks ago and you dont need a reciever, all the 5 speakers plugg in the back of the subwoofer and there is 2 rCA imput jacks so u can have ur xbox and a cd player hooked up and there a switch for chooseing one. so you dont need a reciever. it works for TV surround sound too. please dont answer questions you have no idea what your talking about.

Ramaslamma
Unregistered guest
I have some issues with my xbox's video output, the sound output works great, but the video is not rendering any images. The wires are connected properly, what the hell is wrong with it.

BiLLH
Unregistered guest
come on know-it-all reply. this guy has issue's he gets off on helping people which is cool but don't just assume things. what if i had cancelled my order based on your information? that would have been messed up. Anyway if anyone wants a cheap 5.1 surround system for your xbox or music and dont have a reciever spend $80 on monster game 5.1 surround system. its got great bass and acoustics.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1375
BiLLH,
I answered based upon information given at the time, which is incomplete at best. Stop being so angry...you have your stuff and you are happy with it and just let it go, grow up, I was just trying to help.
This is a forum of people just trying to help other people out, and I am one of them. This is not the end all and be all of anything. So you got yourself a cheap surround sound system no go and enjoy it. Stop trying to get other folks to get on your angry band wagon. Now you have an $80 surround system, whoop-tee-doo...now go and introduce it to somepbody and maybe they can benefit from your experience.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1376
Oh and that Monster crap is not true 5.1 surround sound...it is simulated but I guess you knew that! Seeing that you are so happy with it and all, I hope you include this information on anyone you try to push this crap onto. I hope you did not assume that people looking for true surround sound will appreciate this system. It doesn't have digital inputs, does it? Or did you assume that just because it says 5.1 it automatically means digital surround, which is cool but don't get off on it, because it isn't. Now don't go around telling people it has great bass and acoustics, because you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Now go play with your x-box!

Unregistered guest
i want link my 5.1home theatre speaker with my xbox.the speaker has six outputs.plz help me!!!

Unregistered guest
A big call for help before halo 2
i want to connect my xbox to my sounds card via the optical port iam using a audigy 2nx card with creatice inspire t7900 speakers. ive connected the cable selected the audio settings on the dahboard but still no sound? any one got any ideas

bshef44
Unregistered guest
I have a Hitachi 57 hdtv projection. Has anyone had good luck with using x box with one?

sam950
Unregistered guest
I, also have a Hitachi 57in. HDTV and I was able to hook up my xbox to it and it worked fine.

Unregistered guest
Attention on adapting from someone thats on it like Blue Bonnet: Any way to rig the xbox to function outplacing signals to a TVs standard coaxial input without a stop-over (Aka DVD or VHS player)?

Unregistered guest
hi i got a big prob my xbox is chipped dont know which chip and everything was cool then i changed the setting to ntsc jap by mistake now theres no picture please can u help

MR. JIGGLY
Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand home theater systen for forty bucks at Wal-mart. I have it hooked up to my xbox. I am using two rca jacks going from my xbox to my home theater system. It produces decent sound for the money. My question is am i getting true 5.1 surround sound or just stero? One of the guys i play Halo 2 with online told me i am not getting true 5.1 only stero. he says i need to buy a certain kind of wire . is this true?

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 266
Your friend is telling you the truth, unfortunately.

You are only giving a stereo feed to your Durabrand, which means that you will be listening in stereo or matrixed surround (Dolby Pro Logic) only.

5.1 digital surround sound from your X-Box requires the advanced A/V pack or the HDTV pack as well as the TOSLink fiber optic cable and a digital surround receiver or decoder. The A/V packs mentioned both have a TOSLink port that allows a digital audio feed via fiber optic cable to your surround decoder for up to 5.1 discrete channels of digital sound, which is better than matrixed surround and stereo. - Reinhart

Username: Miloduffy

New brunswick Canada

can someone help me I bought a durabrand surroun i can hear the speakers with the dvd player but I cant hear it through my tv could someone give me an idea what im doing wrong thanks betty

Username: Rbug911

CHI-TOWN, IL

I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY XBOX TO MY SONY 5-DISC SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. I HAVE THE A/V CABLES FROM XBOX ALREADY.
I HAVE A PANASONIC W/ NO HDTV & TIVO CONNECTED. NEED HELP?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us