Broken Ps2

pendza
Unregistered guest
hey guys! I recently had a problem with my Ps2 and i took the cover off to clean the lense as it was causing no games to work, i got it to work in the end and it was all fine untill i tried putting the cover back on and i caught the bit of white cable-thingy and it snapped off the connector to the reset/open button. weird one i no but anyone able to help me fix it?, as ive just brought a load of new games?1?! thanks in advance if you can/cant help me!!

Username: Redrider9045

Post Number: 2
hey man i know what ur talkin about i had to do the smae thing but my fell off a table and the silve wire thing connected to the reset and open button fell out and i had to take apart the whole dang thing and put it in myself that took for ever so try to do it and if you cant get a shop to but a shops not worth it theyll charge to much for just a little thing to be put in

Gold Member
Username: British_power

Post Number: 1074
um...try taking it in to a pawn shop to sell it since i dont know of any other way to help.But if u take it to a pawn shop put the cords back inside so they dont know and sell it. They dont know the differnce from bad from good because i bought a really good bass guitar at a shop for like a 100 dollars but with an ugly outside then there was a bad guitar with a nice outside for like 200 dollars

Gold Member

Post Number: 1075
that didnt really happen to me but my friend with a baritone but thats wut they said

Unregistered guest
Yeah i no what bit you mean but the fing is that it has snapped off from the silver bit so i cnt just put it back in :S its weird as sumtimes it turns on when i squeeze the bit with a pair of pliers :s dunno what to do to do it i may try sell it to sumwhere but not local as i use the computer shops alot :s if anyone noes how to rectify the problem please help!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1108
POND IT POND IT...i mean PAWN IT PAWN IT

Username: Billy_t_wizz

Post Number: 1
try shaving the covering off the wires and super glue them obviosly making sure the proper wires are touching. my p.c. is held together with the stuff

Gold Member

Post Number: 1142
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 63
Duck Tape lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1248
its Duct tape

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
oops...My bad

Gold Member

Post Number: 1249
lol it sounds lick duck tape...i learned it was duct tape of that 70's show

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Anyway...thought it was funny cuz I use super glue and duct tape to hold my computer together

Evan Weckbacher
Unregistered guest
Hey guys.... plz help me.... my ps2 is messed up..... When i play a ps2 game, it starts to play the games and says Play Station 2 ( like normal ) but when the game itself has to load something it freezes, i have also noticed that it sometimes plays playstation1 games... The reason it is not working is my dog got caught in the wires, knocking it off of a shelf...... ever since then it has not been able to play 1 ps2 game!

PLEASE HELP ME!

Unregistered guest
My son knocked my PS2 off of my big screen and all of this time that I thought it was broke, even took it apart and tried to re-adjust the lens. Come to find out it reads games just fine. The problem was the network adapter. Once I took it off, the games played perfectly. Somehow when it fell, it messed up the network adapter and when it's attached, the games won't play and the eject button doesn't work, you can only eject with the power button. So, if you have a network adapter, try removing it and see if it starts playing the games.

Username: 30003r

LondonEngland

Post Number: 6
its not goin to be easy to fix u have to try n connect it it will be hard.

Tison 25
Unregistered guest
Hi there seems to be no power to my ps2,i've checked the power cable and that's fine,does anyone have any ideas.One day it was working the next nothing.
Thanks Dave

JohnZ33
Unregistered guest
My ps2 will not read discs anymore, wihle its trying to read them it makes a slight clicking noise. i cleaned the lense put everything back to where it was and its still not working. any suggestions?

Stonge
Unregistered guest
i have the same problem with the clicking noise and sometimes it makes like a beeping noise. i havent done anything to i but i dont know what it is...... maybe ill ask someone else
im peacin
stonge

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 260
Clicking noises that are rapid in succession and rhythmic is a lube issue with the pickup kicker mecha.

Relube the pickup sleds on the traverse path with a mix of 1/3 bearing oil and 2/3 white lithium grease.

Apply sparingly at the base of the sleeve bearings on the right side of the pickup and at the support for the left side of the pickup. - Reinhart

Username: Goose11592

Post Number: 1
mine doesn't work i just cant get games to read. it turns on but it just will not read i took it appart and cleaned it but i will not work what do i do?

Malicstorm
Unregistered guest
I have a "Disc read error" problem myself and I haven't taken mine apart yet. Is there a way to get instructions w/ Pics on how to take apart, clean and adjust without paying a king's ransom for info.? I'd hate to turn my PS2 into a paperweight...

Bronze Member
Username: Dodgedifferent2

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 67
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

wawawawawawa
Unregistered guest
i tryed to play a ps2 game but it did not work so i tryed a ps1 game and it worked so i tryed a ps2 game again it did not work if u no the problem e-mail me at my_tenth_year@yahoo.com

wawawawawawawa
Unregistered guest
everyone click on charles herburt stuff its so much help im trying it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us