PS2 Component Cables??

Username: Mh27

Lantana, Texas

Post Number: 1
Question/Situation:

I am looking to connect my PS2 to my TV/Receiver. The problem I have is that my component in's on the TV are too far from the audio in's on my receiver....Does anybody know of a brand of cables which are longer on the seperation...?? Or any other methods of dealing with this. Thanks

Billkwando
Unregistered guest
The optical audio cable (you will need) is separate from the component cables. If you're hooking up to a surround receiver via optical, and if the component cable has audio ends as well, you can just leave them hanging....

Optical/TOSLINK/SPDIF should be the only cable you need for audio... and you don't need the most expensive one either, since a digital signal is immune to interference.

Silver Member
Username: British_power

Post Number: 800

Qns187
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony 61" Rear Projection TV. I purchased the Sony component cables for my PS2. My picture and picture does not work while I'm playing a game. Please respond. Thank you.

Username: Axe316

Ashburn, VA

Post Number: 2
Make sure you set up your PS2 in system configuration to let it know what kind of component cables you are using.

Username: Andrew149

Raleigh, NC United States

that wont work

Markus B.
Unregistered guest
Sometimes, when you use component inputs, Picture-in-Picture doesn't work properly b/c the resolution is too great. My HDTV does the same thing with my DVD player (connected via component). With my TV, I can change the size of the picture, but when I use regular TV w/ DVD, both of them are same size, not one bigger than the other. Sony's stuff acts crazy sometimes, so their's just might prevent you from using PIP completely. Hope that helps!

Unregistered guest
I just got some component cables for my HDTV and i plugged in all the jacks (red,green,blue,white,and red) and i get no picture or sound, i have the tv set to YPbPr. i can use an S-Video cable fine, so why doesnt the component cable work? any help wil be greatly appericated, thanks :-)

gyrobyc
Unregistered guest
i have one of the new slim PS2's and the cable i just got is alos xbox capable. i heard that only the green or blue wire were used for the game cube or ps2's, but i tried that and i still get nothing. is there something iam missing or is my new tv faulty?

Anonymous

I am having a problem when I connect the Componet cables to my sony hdtv that it is all scrambled. I too set the component level on my ps2, but can not get a non scrambled pic. Any suggestions?

Lauara
Unregistered guest
I just bought a orion tv and have been trying to hook up my sons playstation 2. It is not working. What am I donig wrong?

Lauara
Unregistered guest
I just bought a orion tv and have been trying to hook up my sons playstation 2. It is not working. What am I donig wrong?

Lauara
Unregistered guest
I just bought a orion tv and have been trying to hook up my sons playstation 2. It is not working. What am I doing wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4801
once u plug in ur RCA corwise correctly change ur channels to either 3 or 4 or press input buttons on ur Rem control till u see a picture .........

Component Problems
Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung HDTV with the Y/V P/B P/R component hookups, bought the Sony Brand Component cable, hooked it up correctly (quadruple checked that one), and I still get a picture that jumps occasionally and doesn't look any better than the A/V cables that I can tell. Does anyone know why? Well I've been searching for answers on this one for a while and turned to the Manual for the New Slim Playstation2 for the 200th time. There is a small note in the manual that the HDTV function is not compatible with Y/V P/B P/R Component hookups. WHAT!?! Yea...that's the same thing I said. I looked on the box for the PS2 to see if it told you that on the outside....no it doesn't. I looked at the package for the Sony Component cable and actually it does say in super tiny letters that it is not compatible with those connectors. I don't know why, or what the difference is, but it doesn't work and it doesn't look like it ever will. Damn you Sony! *sigh*

Lbevans2
Unregistered guest
wow im glad you told me that because i also have a samsung hdtv, and i noticed that the component inputs go like this Y/Pb/Pr
my friends tv says Y/ pb/cb pb/cr
if the ps2 manual is correct that means it probably runs through the cb/cr connections which we dont have
we only have pb/pr and its not supported thats why it looks so jumpy and pixely

Username: Aclhunter

Post Number: 4
in your PS2 menu you can change the Component input values, 2 choices.
Not all PS2 games support resolutions greater than 420i, when your loading a game hold X and Triangle and you should be stopped by a message like "this game supports whatever..."

Username: Arunpt

I have been playing my PS2 on my sony tv and it has been working fine but when I took the PS2 to a friends house and brought it back but now there is no picture but there is sound. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7849
Check the cables you are using.

I checked my cable and still there is no picture

Post Number: 3
I am using a A/V cable standard with all PS2 and I am thinking that there is a problem with the wire but I am not sure. Could it be a problem with a chip in the playstation?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
it might be your cord, also make sure you are on the proper input channel, front, video1, video2

Gold Member

Post Number: 7850
I doubt that it is a chip problem. Swap the wires to make sure that it is not a cable problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7851
Are you still using the cables that came with your PS2? You can also try another cable from your friend's PS and see if that works. Just so you narrow down the problem.

Chase D is right, you could be in the wrong input jacks.

Username: Brianyank24

Post Number: 3
i have a ps2 and a screen that goes on top of it. i am going on a trip and its in a bus, so i need to know if there is any way to have power for my ps2 and its screen with out a cigerette lighter or outlet to power it. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 8002
What other power source can you think of?

Username: Young_turk

could someone recommend a good brand?

Username: Young_turk

of ps2 component cables that is

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
get the Sony ones, they will work the best i believe, i have them and there awesome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us