Panasonic Home Theatre, XBox, and Surround Sound

Username: Emdee311

Post Number: 1
Just a last ditch effort to see if there are any possibilities to solve my problem...
You see, I have a Panasonic Home Theatre with only RCA inputs. I want to play my XBox using Panasonic's Surround Sound, but it seems that's not possible. I could use the AV Pack to plug the XBox video into my TV and the audio RCA into the Panasonic Theatre, but I guess this will not be true surround sound (Will it even play in all five speakers).. ANyway, wondering if there was any way to work this out. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 39
What model Panasonic do you have?

Post Number: 2
Panasonic SC-HT800V

Bronze Member
Username: Scotty2hotty

Chicago, IL

Post Number: 41
That's pretty corny for it to not have any digital audio inputs... I have the $250 SC-HT05 and it has three (2 optical, 1 coax).

Anyway, if it has only RCA inputs, getting the XBOX AV pack will not help. The only thing you can do it plug in via the RCA plugs and use the receiver's Pro Logic or whatever it has.

You ain't gettin' Dolby 5.1 without an optical or coax input. No way around it.

Post Number: 3
Yea, I figured that was the case. Just to point out I bought the Xbox after the home theater, so I didn't know I would need those inputs. Anyway, another thing I was wondering is what is the best/cheapest way to plug in the audio into the receiver and the video into the TV, seeing that the two are about 2-3 feet away and the XBox cables have all three (Red, White, Yellow) held together. (i.e. what adapter is available besides the AV pack?).

STRIDER0001
Unregistered guest
GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE AND GET RCA EXTENDERS FOR $2.50 THAT WILL DO IT

protron
Unregistered guest
ok well i have a surround sound system that says it is dd5.1 ... but it has no digital or optical inputs only outputs for some reason.
in the sub it has 5 imputs for the sound that come from the dvd player. is there any way i can just use the cables that came with the xbox and use splitters to put the cables into all 5 inputs, because if i change the 2 cables i have arond now it works differently for all the speakers and i think logicly this would work... dot you think?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us