PS1 games through PS2 compontent video cable

Username: Tangobravozab

Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Post Number: 1
Hi all
I have my PS2 running through a component video switcher [Audio Authority one that also switches digital audio] (I have several devices that use component video, Xbox, DVD player, cable box, Gamecube) and have no problem running any of the PS2 games (I use the monster cables and they are about 15% better looking than the PS2 cables). My problem is that the PS1 games that I still occasionally play look horribly pixelized (really bad artifacting) through my HDTV (I have a Hitachi 32 inch). I have bought a new TV (Samsung 46 inch DLP), but it hasn't been delivered yet and I won't be using the component video switcher when it comes (it has DVI and HDMI for my cable box and DVD player) and the PS2 and XBOX will be connected directly to the TV (Gamecube I'm hoping to hook up with a VGA cable). Does anyone have this same problem with PS1 games, is it possibly the TV (I don't have this problem with any other games or devices)? I have a 2nd PS2 running through my RCA TV (not HDTV) using S video, that looks fabulous with the PS1 and PS2 games. Any ideas?

Username: 30003r

LondonEngland

Post Number: 7
nope

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 565
i dont have a that problem, but the ps1 games do not have the same quality as ps2 games, thats why it looks like crap

Frank Trovato
Unregistered guest
I have a similar issue -- I have Sony PS2 component cables hooked into my LCD TV's HD inputs. PS2 games work. For PS1, I get opening SCEA screen, but only sound not video for the game. Plugging into TV's AV 1 inputs doesn't work at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us