Problem Playing PS2 games with component cables

Username: Exoscoles

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I recently got the monster component cables and an optical cable for my PS2,i plugged them into one of my Pioneer VSX-D912 Component/Digital Inputs
sound came out perfectly but there was no picture at all

I know that the inputs aren't bad since other devices were plugged into that input and it worked fine (i tried both inputs for the PS2)

the setup currently goes like this

1)PS2 to Component/Digital input (both labled TV/Sat for that matter)
2)Component output for the Reciever goes thru a Component-To-VGA cable straight to the InfocusX1 Projector,the projector is able to display 480i/480p,720p and 1080i

I know that some PS2 versions don't support P-Scan,but they still get an Interlaced Picture from the Component cables

on the Gamecube and Xbox for example, you have to the switch from Inter. to P-scan manually but from what i've heard the PS2 should automatically give me an Interlaced picture or P-scan when available

thanks in advance for anybody who might help

Angel232442235547367367373736735736736736767
Unregistered guest
First try to get picture from connecting the component cable straight to the projector. If that works then its something wrong through the reciever. Probably wrong channel or video you have it on.

thatdarnpunk
Unregistered guest
you have to first set up the ps2 using the composite jacks first. then go into the system config, select the component output, then restart with the component jacks in your tv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us