How and why get rid of your cable bill

Username: Driver888

Post Number: 1
Like many, I was paying about $60 or more a month for cable and not liking it very much. One day I sat down and counted the 24/7 channels that were selling/advertising products. 64 channels!...Movies, most, I have already seen before or movies back in the 30s or 40s that I really didn't want to see. I would end up driving to a red box and renting movies at least 2 times a week. When my commitment to the cable company was over I decided to get an antenna, small amplifier and assorted parts. I live in the country, about 50 miles from any stations. These are the stations I pick up: ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS,PBS Kids, KJBO DT, Laff, CW-HD, Telemun, 7-too, OETA, Create, Grit, Bounce, Escape and KJBO. Also purchased a small ROKU for $40 and now have all the new movies I want on Netflix for $10 a month. All stations I receive come in better quality than they did when I had cable. Very happy with no cable bill...

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3553
Getting channels you WANT on an ala carte basis ain't never gonna happen. Programming is all 'linked' by the owners who sell it (rent?) to the cable companies. Want TBS? You get 5 shopping channels, 2 religious channels, and The Scientology Channel.
Most people watch probably no more than 12 or 15 channels no matter how many they have available. Even adding my small usage channels, like for one show per week, I can't get it about 25 or so......

I'm BETWEEN a major market to the north, a smaller market to the south and a lesser market to the east. I'd need an antenna the size of a satellite tracking station AND a rotor. I tried an antenna when I first moved here several decades ago and you can't get squat!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us