Why SONY VEGA giving poor picture quality

Username: Nsvmani

Bangalore, Karnataka India

Post Number: 1
Hi
I am very new to this forum, I just want to tell abt SONY VEGA Trintron. I have recently bought SONY VEGA cost around Rs.26500(indian rupees).
I totally depressed after seeing the picture sharpness,I am unable to see the long sight person's image, face seems like rectangle (very very sharp),horizontal pixels sharpness makes the face appearence extremely poor.And one more there is no color system while playing DVD.
But Sound quality is excellent. I dont know,
why SONY doesn't concentrate on picture quality??
regrets
kamalkumar

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6509
Welcome Kamal,
The picture quality depends on your source material. If you have poor media sources like VCD, or poor copies of DVDs, then you will nto get good pictures. A good TV with great picture capability does not equal great pictures from poor sources.

How are you connected to the DVD player? Composite, component, HDMI, etc>?

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot for your response Berny,
Yes, i know that poor media sources will never give good pics. But even while I play original DVD with ONIDA DVD player, i am getting poor picture quality.I didn't expect this from SONY VEGA. I thought SONY is the number one brand in this world. SONY tried to increase the sharpness which leads to poor picture.

Yes Berny, Think I connected thru component only, From DVD player,like 3 Video outputs(Yb/Cb,Rb,Gb(I am not remember the letters(Yb/Cb,.. exactly)) which are wired with corresponding 3 sockets on the backside of my SONY.
I would love to buy SONY brand, but after seeing the damn horizontal sharpness pixels which makes me depressed. but still I love hearing efficient sound system from my SONY except picture.
Is there any way to reduce the sharpness still(I already reduced the sharpness to zero under picture mode custom)and provide color system in DVD mode as well??

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6568
How about returning the TV and get a different tv?

Post Number: 3
different tv in the sense getting another SONY or other tv other than sony?
I don't think they will give the different one.
I have to do enquire with the dealer.

Post Number: 4
AS far as picture quality concerned ,the only way to enhance the pic is goto Manual program ,then select the option manual in Fine option, then decrease the fine Tune(-) to get the finer picture unlike Auto, but in Video mode ,there is no way to enhance the picture.
regards
kamal

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 9038
sharpness.....turn off the ClearEdge VM...it puts a black line around everything and can alter images.:-)

Post Number: 1
Sir,What is meant by ClearEdge VM?? i couldn't find it on my Sony WEGA TV.

Regards
venki
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us