My all-in-one 2.2 computer/ht

Username: Tmx

Post Number: 4
Hi, I just joined this forum. Anyway, I know this may not be a real HT so hopefully it's not off topic, but I build it for the purpose of music, movie, gaming.

Recently I ordered a Swans M10 2.1 computer desktop system, but due to some issue with fedex damaging my box, I got shipped two sets, and as a result of being honest to the seller, had to pay for both of them. Actaully I wanted to keep them so I can use two subwoofers as a stereo pair, because I am very fond toward stereo sound and having things balanced. Also because I didn't want to pay for a pair of something else much more expensive, like the AV123 Onix's woofers, which will probably results in too much bass that will just annoy my family.

The setup is consist of:
EMU 1212M Soundcard -> Canare 11g -> NAD C352 -> self-built solid spc -> Magnepan MMG + Swans M10's woofer

Upload
Upload
bigger pic1 pic2

I think some people are already loathing at this idea, that maybe it's not right to match the two up. I am aware the woofers output some higher frequencies aswell, but at a very low volume. They perfectly fit my purpose since they aren't overpowering (I dislike too much bass) and most importantly, having a decent quick response which fit with the sound characteristic of my MMGs, which are really fast.

I connected each woofer to each channel of my amp's preout. The woofers finally add a bit more body to the MMGs which lacks the low end punch, and at the sametime not instrusive to the overall sound quality. I think raising the MMGs off the floor really help with the sound, since the woofers has weak output I left them on the table.

Overall it is a very clean and neutral sound, which is exactly what I want, no exaggeration of anything in the frequency range. I try to keep things at a minimalistic level, and I felt it's actaully an affordable setup for what it is and still sounding pretty amazing. I'm not planning to upgrade for a long time.

Planning to re-cloth and re-paint the MMGs when I get the chance. My only problem now is that I get home so late at night and the baby needs to sleep. It's really nice when I find a day when I'm home alone so I could play them at loud volume.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1908
­
Interesting setup. I think you should post this over in Home Audio (System Pics thread) where all the stereo cognoscenti hang out.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/377431.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us