Which projector would you recomend?

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 440
I have a price range of about 3000 for a really nice projector. If anyone has any recomendations it would be greatly appreaciated. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Malakaii

Post Number: 18
Hey Matt I have a projector that I am trying to get rid off It can get up to 300" and I have the screen I am trying to get rid of it Its a DLP though I dont know if you prefer LCD but let me know I can show you picture if you wish thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 126
Here is a site that should answer all your questions.

This is a projector that should be considered.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/panasonic_ax100.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Msvara

Post Number: 21
I would recommend this unit. 1080P!!! 3500ANSI Lumens

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/Products/Product/?product=b5a93f77-4d4c-482d-b97 4-06cd77a707d9

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Correction to my previous post. 1080i not 1080p. Sorry.

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 127
NEC makes a good projector but it is not even HD, much less native 1080i!

If you want 1080i/p and a brigt projector, try one of these.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/1080p_shootout.htm

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 256
Infocus 7200, only issue is it is a little noisy, but not much more than a runco, it has an excellent pic, and you can get for much less than your budget. I currently have the "ruby", and yes, it is better, but if it werent for the noise of the 7200, I would have just kept it. Also, it throws a nice bright pic, and bulbs last for about 5000 hours. Worth consideration I think.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Westcott - The specifications on that projector state that it supports 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. So it is a HD projector. It's native resolution is 1280x1024 but it will go up to 1600x1200. I took a look at the other units you were recommending. They seem like great units but the lumens are a bit low.

I guess if you're building a HT you'ld want a dark room anyway.

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 128
From the link you provided, its native resolution is XGA 1024x768 native resolution. You must have a minimum of 1280 x 720 for true HD. We are talking about the NEC 1000 right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Yes you're right but why would they post the HD supporting formats up to 1080i? If you go to the compatibility tab you'll see it listed there. Anyway they're all great projectors I'm sure. I am a pro NEC supporter ;)

Silver Member

League City, Texas

Post Number: 129
All of the higher resolutions are supported but the projector must down scale to its native resolution so it can project the image in 1024x768 (or even smaller, depending on the downconversion ratio). This 4:3 format is a throw back to NEC's primary market which is business\education applications and they are very good at it. I almost bought the NECHT1000 but that is about the same time the ae700u came out from Panansonic. It had more flexibility in placement with its 2:1 zoom and its true HD native resolution.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us