To the people who helped me build my box... **PICS**

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 695
still need to carpet the box.. but these subs on this new PHD5000 are hitting hard as fu<k at 3K and takin it!!!! im gunna try and get it metered soon to see what i got PA subs hitting at.. haha cuz i never heard them this loud being PA, my power goes low... but its good it charges fairly quick on the 200A when i turn the music low, ill have more pics soon but im in a hurry at the moment...

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6430
nice looking box killa. nice system you got there.

we need more pics though. come on break out that digital camera and take some more pics you lazy azz. lol.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2792
is that PA as in power acoustik or planet audio?
or did i misread it?
damn thats a huge box

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 696
its power acoustic haha but i got a feeling im hitting close to the 130-140db area with em they are hittin so damn hard i never in my life expected this from PA subs haha the box is huggggeee i have more pics i just have to convert them to jpg and resize them and such and send them to my email from my cell phone haha its a pain.. ill get on that at work tonight for you :-D
after i get to carpeting the box i will make the wires and such look better, i just been fooling around with setting them up for how i want it.. now im just waiting for the next component set for the front to come in.. anybody know of a nice 6 ch. amp i can use for my mids\highs i have the 6x9s in the rear(on the box).. will have new components for front and rear doors, and the tweeters that r in the front right now will get put in the rear too. Im gunna either replace the subs with some btls or make a new box and get another earthquake for a solox 18 each amp on its own VC dual 2 ohm...... but i still cant stop thinking how the hell are these subs taking the 3000rms like this its crazy, i metered it and everything im getting about 76.4 VAC from the amp and this one isnt cooking like the old amp either :-)(phd10000w\2)not linked..

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 697
btw they get pretty low tooo its tuned to 40Hz i think it was(i have to check the plans againa haha...smoking is bad.... i forget to much lol.. my door will shake.. i try to hold it from shaking... i shake like crazy haha

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 698
ok i just remembered i already took these ones.. b4 i got the phd5000 amp and made it look a lil nicer, b4 i put the kenwood amp for mids and highs too.. and 6x9;s lolUpload
Upload

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 699
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3080
Nice... but i don't know why you still have those PA's hehehe... i think you should be hitting at least 140 DBs man, 3k rms, 2 12 subs, Big ported box tuned to 40HZ, i think you should

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 707
i had it metered 149.6db daily

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2348
wow steave meady do like 150's for daily it seems that u have better stuff

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3913
metered with what?

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 717
i went to this local sound shop ( www.musicinmotion.net ) and they just used this AC SPL test meter

Gold Member

Post Number: 3108
is hard to hit 149 in a bass race.... hm...

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 718
where can i sign up for a bass race at in the south suburbs of chicago il?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2095
if i were u i wouoldnt brag about 149.7 on thth meter
the only meter tht really matters is a TL
so plz stop sayin ur hittin 150
wen ur probably not even close and also
were ur windows up or down?
were was the TL located also ?
the port lol

Gold Member

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2096
were was the MIC not TL located

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 721
Drivingwreckless, its my first time tryin to go for a good reading on the meter...be nice....

YES my windows were UP and the meter was on the dash board in the center, car off, and music up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3126
killa try changing those crappy subs and get something better, but i told ya over there that you might be hitting over 140Db, cuz you have a charging system, 3k rms going to those subs, big ported box tuned to 40 HZ so you should hit 140DBs, but with a test tone or something like that.

Keep trying, maybe one day you'll be on the pioneer team lol!!!!

Gold Member

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2099
sry plz do not gloat u are hitting 150 wen u clearly are not
thts all im sayin and in no means am i being
an @$$
im just tellin u tht ur score wont be credible till u hit 1xx.xx dbs on a TL

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 722
ya julio i need new subs.. i dont like thses at all but they did the job for now for only 300... im gunna try and replace them with 2 12" btl with the extended motor for greater XmaX or i will be going with a Kicker SoloX and another PHD5000 and a 300A alt with some kinetics batterys, i only bought these subs to make surte i would be happy with a custom box from a prefab one as it is the first one i ever made\heard before and there was deffinetly a big enough difference for me to decide on that, and Drivingwreckless.. is the TL the meter that you connect to your computer then/? And also i dont believe the meter is working right that i had my stuff tested on either, i was talkin to this other guy who has 2 L7' 12's and he said he went to the same place and i asked him what he hit b4 i even told him my score... 149.6db... and i say did u goto music and motion? YES! well i got the same score... im gunna buy the TL meter once i have my new setup installed(after i buy it lol) but it only goes for like 250$ right?

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1567
i have seen them go for about 700 used on other forums

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 723
700 for what? the meter? i seen one brandnew for 250 somwhere

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 947
u dint see a TL for 250 new somewhere. Maybe some other mic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us