My HT and Audio Set up

Bronze Member
Username: Bunny

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 34
Hey guys, not the best in the world but enough to make me happy.

HT
TV: Sony Projection 53"
A/V Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX 53
DVD Player: Pioneer DV-563A
Fronts: Polk R15
Center: Polk CSi5
Surround: JBL G40
Sub Woofer: Infinity Entra 10"

Audio:
Pre: NAD C-162
Amps: NAD C-270 (2 Bridged)
CD Player: NAD C-541i
Turntable: Technics SL D2
Speakers: Polk RTi12

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Peace

Bronze Member
Username: Apresler07

Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Post Number: 17
Thats pretty nice i wish i could afford stuff like that

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3283
It's a wonderful setup, good equipment, and it all blends together nicely. I especially love that Technics turntable!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3284
Ah, and one question...why do you have your rears on top of your fronts? Or am I wrong?

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 35
Thanks Guys,

Alex,
I am sure you enjoy watching movies and listening music on your system the same way most of us do.
How's the new Onkyo working out for you?

Jexx,
Those speakers on top of the towers are the Polks R-15's which I use as fronts for movies specially when watching with the Kids. I do have the JBL's in the back for surround, I forgot to add that picture...oops!
The DVD player is connected to both the Pioneer Elite using a coax cable and to the NAD Pre-Amp using the left and Right analogs. So, when I watch concerts or movies with lots of action the P.E. drives a normal 5.1 set up and I add the towers to the mix using the C-162 Pre-Amp.

Thanks again for your comments.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1002
"Hey guys, not the best in the world"

And certainly not the worst, either. Very nice indeed. I've always thought the Elite receivers weren't too bad for music, but then I wouldn't compare them against NAD separates!

Two things:
Too bad you couldn't squeeze the Pio 563 in the rack. Above the NAD preamp maybe?

I think I see a 16:9 HDTV in your future.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Apresler07

Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Post Number: 20
I do enjoy watching movies and listening to music on my system but it could be better. That new onkyo is awesome and i paid only 54 dollars for it hehehe

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 36
John S,
Thanks for the comments as well.
Yes, I tried really hard to accomodate the DVD in the rack, not possible.
As for the TV I wish but I cannot afford it at the moment, hopefully in a year or two. :-)

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1011
Bugs, there's plenty of time for a new TV....they're getting better and cheaper all the time. Just don't get a 16:9 that's too small. You'll regret it.

Bronze Member
Username: Zorro

Post Number: 39
Dude,
That is a killer set up!
How do you like that Pioneer DVD for SACD reproduction?

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 37
Thanks,

It sounds very nice when playing the few SACD's that I own but then again I could not make a fair assessment as I have not auditioned other SACD players but, for the money I'd say it does a decent job.

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 26
bugs that system is wild I love listening to records still as well, any ideas on a turntable I should look for the sony junk I have now really doesnt make my system look good. how do you like the speakers? I love my rti10's the 12's I found had too much low end

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Jim,
Thanks,
I've always liked the Technics Turntables I think they are good value for the money however if you are able to swing more money I would look into the NAD-Rega http://www.hipposaudiovideo.com/pages/1/nad533tt.htm very nice indeed.

I am very happy with the RTi12's, however, it was until I added a second amplifier that I was able to get the most of them, more balanced if you will. They certainly need lots of current. The NAD's feed them with 300 watts each.

You have lots of vinyls? what kind of music you listen to?

Thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
I listen to everything and thanks for the tip.
I have lots from slayer to johnny cash on vinyl, I'm a HUGE cash fanatic I probably have around 50 discs of him only. but my collection of records is around 250. always growing though. I love looking for records its like treasure hunting. I'm looking right now for anothr turntable in the 3-4 hundred range

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 40
Nice!

Here is another link to more turntables.

http://www.123dj.com/a_turntables.html

Good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 27
i like the amps and stuff.

do you like your polks? i just recently got rid of mine. i bought rti10s about a month ago. got rid of em for paradigm monitor 7s.

I thought the polks would be nice but after spending a couple weeks with em and about a 1000 dollars, i realized that the bass had no detail and the highs were ridiculously harsh and metallic.

i try paradigm monitor 7's which have smaller speakers(2 6.5" drivers) and it sounds better than the polks in every way. highs are not harsh, mids are better, and the lows are more detailed and tighter. obviously not as much room shaking oomph as the rti10's but the sound quality is increased by a large factor.

Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 4
Bugs,

Very well done!! The only suggestion I have is that you should look into treating your room acoustics. Doing so will take your sound to the next level.

Enjoy:-) It looks very nice!

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 5
Bugs, there's plenty of time for a new TV....they're getting better and cheaper all the time. Just don't get a 16:9 that's too small. You'll regret it.
---------------------
I beg to differ. The 16:9 aspect ratio is the TV-screen of the future, and the aspect ratio has nothing to do with screen size.

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 41
Europa,

Thanks,
So far I am pleased with the Polks, not looking to upgrade in the near future.

Rush,
I appreciate your comments and suggestion. I certainly will look into how to improve the room.

Bronze Member

RUSH.....John S meant, "dont get to small of a 16:9" meaning screen size. he didnt mean not to get a 16:9 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 429
Looks great man, one of cleanest i've seen.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1017
RUSH.....John S meant, "dont get to small of a 16:9" meaning screen size. he didnt mean not to get a 16:9

Thanks jim. What part of "Just don't get a 16:9 that's too small." didn't Rush understand?

Bronze Member

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 13
I guess I read it like this.

Dont get a 16:9 screen. It's too small.

so sorry:-(

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 153
Killer system dude. When i say your pictures I was amazed cause that looks like what im building. Now, keep in mind that I have different speakers, and I ahvent even begon to start my video/theator yet. But, your audio setup is exactly what im pricign right now (well, excelt the turntable, im to young for one of those old things, hahaha). Just wondering, why bridge the c272s and not bi-amp? Im debating on what I will do.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 171
One question, do those NAD 272s get hot in bridged mode? Do you push them hard?

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 172
Jeff, if you bridge the 272s thay are in mono only, therefore they are about 350w each. If you bi-amp them thay are in stereo and are 150w each and will sound excatly the same as one 272 by it's self.

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 42
Hello there,

Sorry guys for the late reply but I have been quite busy lately.

Jeffrey,
Dan is right on the money, the c-270 in bridge mode feed the speakers with 300 watts each, not only I get lots of power but the quality of the sound is amazing. Bi-amping was just too cumbersome for me.

Dan,
I use the amps no more than 2 hours (continuously) and I do not go over the 10 o'clock position on the pre-amp. The C-270's have never gotten hot other than the normal.

By the way, I made some changes to my set up, I added a pair of Polks RTi6 for HT and moved the R-15's as surrounds. Painted the room with a nice blue and positioned the RTi12's approx 18 feet apart; this small changes made a huge improvement in sound specially for my two channel set up.
Here are some pictures.

Regards

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1042
"Painted the room with a nice blue and positioned the RTi12's approx 18 feet apart; this small changes made a huge improvement in sound specially for my two channel set up."

And I'd bet your video has improved as well.

What's that piece above the Pioneer DVD player?

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 43
John,

It is a TDK CD Palyer / Recorder.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 40
that looks damn good

Username: Jaday

Post Number: 8
Yeah, I like the adjustment. The stand on the right of the tv definately looks alot better than that wire one before! I was curious if you had any type of power conditioner or how you had everything getting electricity.

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 44
Totally agree! the "wire rack" was very bad :-)

Yes, I have two of these, one for the audio equip and another one for the HT set up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6418753&type=product&productCatego ryId=pcmcat72100050012&id=1077627972545

Thanks

Username: Kagasawa

Post Number: 2
Damn! That system rocks! Looks very nice, now you need wooden floors :-)
I wish I could afford some of the NAD stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1510
Bugs, you win my THX approval mate 10/10 high numbers mate.
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 109
that pioneer amp looks like a beast its tall and large! very nice

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 46
Andy,

Thanks a lot mate, your system is pretty impressive, lots of equipment! Im sure you get extraordinary sound.

Kyle,
I appreciate your comments as well. Yes, I am pleased with the P.E. IMHO it's excellent for H.T and for music, it performs pretty well.

Silver Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 102
Bugs,

Congrats man, you have a killer system ! Those NAD Amps are too sweet !

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth,...

Post Number: 1568
It's still impressive and simplistic, cool!

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 177
Nice

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 37
Bugs,
I would suggest you get your rear speakers mounted higher on the side walls above ear level since you said that your main purpose is for HT and not multi channel music. other than that it looks very good. love the trippy posters too.

Silver Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 101
good job dude. How would you characterize the sound of those polk in terms of bright and warm with the nad setup, just curious. My guess would be that you like treble... nothing wrong with that just an observation. I have axioms so i must like treble too.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 120
Glad to see you have been working on you speaker positioning.

Nice equipment and room!

Enjoy!

Bronze Member

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 50
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Dan,
You know, it might be the NAD mono blocks that are driving the Polks but I do not hear that brightness that some members on this forum have mentioned. Then again I am probably biased since I really like the RTi12's.
So far, I am very pleased with the NAD-Polk combo. To my ears they produce a very nice neutral sound

Regards

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6598
i like the choice of paint...and the Pink Floyd pic on the wall....oh! and the HT system too! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us