Maaco paint jobs

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 17
has anybody gotten their car painted by maaco i need to get mine painted...nothing special...all white...i was just wondering if anybody has any past experiences with them

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3258
never shop with maaco..

maaco is like the waffle house of paint jobs...
lmao

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1622
i'v never even heard of them. they must not be where i'm from

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3170

quote:

maaco is like the waffle house of paint jobs

Yep, just a step above spray painting your car.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3282
I can do a better job with my own compressor and some paint... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7878
bassman u never heard of Maaco????

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 339
But B I love Waffle House. That's the best place to eat after a concert is over and no one else is open...

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 263
I've painted cars for a while now at local shops, at one of the shops I was at they hired a second painter who was manager at our maaco for five years. He talked so much sh.it of how he was the best painted in the county. We both painted cars that night all I gotta say is my little cousin paints better than him and shes only 7. He had drips all over the place and dry spray like no other. And after all that he forgot to get clear the jams so he had to respray. It would be cheaper and better if you just buy paint yourself and borrow a compressor and spray gun from someone. It wont be perfect but look hella alot better than Maaco. If yall want pics of our two jobs i took some so just ask and ill post them, i dont think you can see his dryspray fromt he pics but its all over.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1756
i think actually i have heard of them. but like you said, i havent heard much from them, prolly b/c their bad.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2685
post em matt

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 658
macos cheap cause they skimp on quality paint, and they advertise 400 for a paint job, but you get there and they wont paint it till the dents, rust, are fixed, so they can warrantie it. Final price is what you would pay at a good repair shop., so they realy arnt any cheaper. If you just want to pretty it up to sell, then thats a different story. but they still want to do the bodywork. and they will find some..thats how they jack the price.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 196
what about just a touch up...... i have a pin shratch that might even be able to buff out on the passanger side of my truck like somthing brushed against my ride... it was there when i bought it just never really cared about it its so not nocible unless you are 2 feet from the car. its probally a good 7ft long but like is so then its almost not nocible.... what do u think they would run me for that to get fixed?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1046
try this john.. take your finger nail and run it up and down your truck above the scratch moving downwards until you reach the scratch. if it goes over it smoothly and the scratch didnt break thru the paint then you can buff it out.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 207
like i can feel it barely but its not all the way threw the paint i dont think, its like a white color with a tiny tint of red(red truck) would wax help to after buffing it?

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 966
chit dis i what i did...i had a scratch in my car a kid ran his bike into it......i took sum clothes n sum syliva (ROFL...) no lie n mad it disappear its barely there now........try that first....its prolly gonna take sum time to do it.....not like i licked it n wiped it off...it takes some power LOL...

but yeah macco sux big... my dad had his buick painted by them all a suddent the paint pealled off....it was horrible

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 273
i would take my car to one of those shops ran by mexicans before maaco lol seriously i took my dads car and they charged me 300 to paint the whole car black and its still shinin looking clean now i tell all my friends to go to that shop cause they also do mechanic work so its a good shop.....

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 23
bump...anymore opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1288
I had my car painted by maaco - twice. Because the first time they nearly ruined the exterior of my firechicken. They did a poor job of prepping the paint, which left large area's of paint coming off.

They missed obvious spots in several places (under the door handles, around the edge of my t-tops there were some missed spots) and they nearly didnt remove the vinyl "Pontiac" decal from my headlamp before painting it.. I noticed it as I was checking out the prepped vehicle.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3404
Hey Seth you have a nice car, why did you leave it to Maaco to paint it?

Bronze Member
Username: Juancarlos707

El Centro, CA Imperial

Post Number: 19
There cheap and they leave drips. My friend got his cutless supreme painted there and they did it for really cheap but had drips on some of the hard to reach areas..cheap but bad quality.just do it yourself

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4548
You all must either have some really bad maaco shops where you live, or bought their cheap low grade paint job and expected it to be good.

The maaco near me does a good job for the price. I had my truck painted there and know several other people who have also. It was $900 for the second highest level of paint job they offered.

My only complaint is that they missed a few spots when painting in the door jambs (truck was white and I had them paint it black). But other than that, it looks good, and came with 3 year warranty.

I'm not expecting it to be as durable in the long run as a professional quality paint job, but it was cheap.

Username: Jnava3432

Ba, Ok United states

Post Number: 1
my blazer is curently at the maaco shop. its been about a week i dropped it off, i chose the supreme pakage . they keep on telling me it will be ready tomorrow, but they keep on changing the day they quoted me. my question is how long do they really take to paint the vehicle? and what are the steps they do . i dont know nothing about painjobs. somebody please help????

Username: Shrtlver

they had my car for 1 day shy of 2 weeks. originally suppost to only be 4 days. when I got there the paint job was so horrible, bubbles were everywhere inder the paint, and I didnt get a cheap paint job I paid 2500 for mine, we threatened a law suit and the franchise owner came and only offered us 50% of our money back. I think after the repaint Im still gonna drive straight to the court house, because I have a gut feeling it still is gonna look like bad.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15938
macos cheap cause they skimp on quality paint, and they advertise 400 for a paint job, but you get there and they wont paint it till the dents, rust, are fixed, so they can warrantie it. Final price is what you would pay at a good repair shop., so they realy arnt any cheaper. If you just want to pretty it up to sell, then thats a different story. but they still want to do the bodywork. and they will find some..thats how they jack the price.

x2

Username: Kelj

I've never had my car painted fully nor do I have any friends that paid a shop to fully paint their car. Any idea how much a good paint job would cost where they would also fix little dents as well?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14874
depends on how much work is involved, and a paint job is only as good as the body work under the paint. If the car isn't skim coated and block sanded down to a straight, smooth surface before painting, then it won't matter how good hte paint is, it'll look lousy.

I have about $20,000 into the body and paint on my car to get it all done properly, and that's typical for a top shelf paint job.

This is the car fresh out of the paint booth after being buffed out and color sanded
http://www.glasswolf.net/stuff/cars/charger/freshpaint.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3643
Earl Scheib RULES....
At one point they'd 'paint any car....any color for 29.95$'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Scheib
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?