I love how all these 15year old kids get this gear but I know damnwell your parents paid for evey cent of it

Bronze Member
Username: Ascleanasitgets

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 16
I'm 20 live on my own and just bought the last peice of my system all I have left to do is build the stand(all out of my pocket started when i was 17)

System(living room)
Tan leather couch and lazyboy for seating

Media Center PC(refer to computer), Monster HTS3600 MKII Power Center,Harmon Kardon AVR 130(100 db SNR), Pioneer DV-578 DVD player(DVD-audio ready but my PC does that), JBL N28, JBL N26, JBL EC25(The only piece in my system with the new red JBL logo), Velodyne DPS-10(sounds sick), Monster(Monsterbass 300, Interlink100 optical, Monster XP speaker wire, Monster Banana Clips and Spade Clips on every speaker except fronts where I have monster Ultra speaker wire, Monster i-link Y-adaptor x 3 for DVD-Audio from PC soundcard), and a 32" Samsung LCD as the second computer monitor

Computer
ANTEC Quietest case avalible, 450W power supply, 120mm case fan, upgraded cpu and video card fans, AMD 2800, 1 gig of RAM, ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, I got about 550 GB of usable space trough 5 hard drives(2 internal, 3 external), 19" CRT monitor(LCD coming soon) Radeon 9600 Pro video card, Creative Audigy 2 sound card 106db SNR(used through 6 channel analog to harman kardon so theres non of that DAC crap going on in the middle), DVD burner and all the other normal stuff, 4 contollers(mostly for playing n64 off the pc) Griffin FM transmitter for the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom to run sound simotaniously, built piece by piece by myself

System 2(bath/bedroom/kitchen)
Yamaha old school stereo reciever, Polk satellites old ones while they still had rubber surrounds, PSW303 sub, 20" sony TV, JVC DVD

Stand plans
playerUpload

back of amp before new sub cable monster ultra speaker wire Y cables no longer using extentions but just so ya know i'm not lying and I take it seroiusly

Upload
Upload
Upload

As soon as the stand is built and I get a card reader for my digicam i'll post recent pics of everything

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 420
im not trying to start a conflict but my parents paid for nuttin i worked for everything i got

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
nice work with all your stuff i sure you worked hard for all of it and you should be proud of urself

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4316
My parents never paid for any of my equipment for my first audio setup, technically. They let me have their Kenwood receiver and corresponding speakers made back in 1970 haha! They also bought me an old Pioneer CD player that didn't work for $30 and I had to replace the pickup on it. So all in all, that's what, hardly $50 worth of audio equipment they ever paid for? Heh. After that, everything else in my system I paid for.

Lately, however, all of my new audio equipment I've gotten for free from work including my Onkyo TX-DS939 receiver. You gotta love it when customers don't want their equipment repaired :-)

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 142
yea i will admit :-O that my parent did pay for a good part of my stuff but i just turned 15 this year adn i have looked for a job vbut none have hired but i have bought

all my cables(mostly monster or belkin) 120 -150$ not too sure
Power bar apc 50$
tv stand 40$
dvd player philips 100$

Dosnt seem like much but when you dont have a job it adds up

And well my birthday is 6 day before chrismas so i do get double spoiled there:-)

my next buy will be a Power consoles

http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_detail.process?Product_Id=178415#

or

http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_detail.process?Product_Id=178339#

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 143
i forgot to add that i do help out a family friend with his yard/landscaping that my only real income and that only in the summer

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 652
Parents paid half, but who cares. I like it though, want more pics !!

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
no

Bronze Member
Username: Kinggimp82

Post Number: 44
how much you pay for the Velodyne DPS-10? A svs PB10-NSD is $429 and would eat that Velodyne alive. strong to 20 hz easy. the velo misses alot of low bass. if you think the velo is sick the svs will scare you.lol

nice system though. id just switch to svs is all.

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 11
no offense but i would think you should put all that money into a better reciever and DVD player instead of all that monster cable.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 46
I started this a long time ago but figured I'd post some updated pics I scrapped the stand and have the TV on my fireplace

To answer andrew keller I swiped for 250 after tax and a 9 year service plan on it I coulb buy 2 for the price of one I sell this stuff therefore get a decent staff discount on it I got my monster power center for 190$ (retail 699) I got the Ultra speaker wire for the fronts for 60$ (retail 299) trust me I didn't pay too much for anything except my 1 couch but I had to get it at the time and It matched my other stuff so I didn't care I live in an apartmment anyways so I have to keep volume minimal for now. Tell me what your thoughts are I hope I dont get chirped this time I took it out of the corner.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1164
kyle, dont buy belkin please.

Bronze Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 35
I am sure it performs well but a 3 on the presentation...

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 363
Lots of work done, I can see.The only thing (for now) ifI were you, would be to get the surrounds a little higher, and away from seating area, but facing towards listening position. As they sit now, I think you are missing some of what the "surround" experience is supposed to be. Just a thought. Other than that, not so bad at all. But, what the heck is the black box by your left speaker? Laptop, power suge protector? What is it?

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 47
Sorry David as you can see my room is quite small I am in an apartment so this will all change when I buy a house to answer your question Its my computer monitor on an articulating arm its just on the screen saver so you cant tell

New additions:
-Got the matching harmon kardon winamp skin
-Now up to 850 Gigs HD space
-17" NEC on 12ft Monster DVI cable
-Fire Place
-Tan leather Love seat
-Center Channel mount
-external cases for hard drives with blue glowing lights
-under glow lights (the lights off my christmas tree)

what are your thoughts for improvements?? is the under glow cheesey? the lights that make the letters JBL glow too visible? should I mount the TV on the wall as well? alternate arangements?

Upload

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 364
Honestly, I did'nt want to come across rude, so I did'nt say anything about the sign. But, here ya go! PUT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! It would drive me nuts watching a movie, or whatever, only to be distracted by the sign right above the TV. My personal choice is to have the viewing area as uncluttered as possible so that I can enjoy the show w/o any distractions, even the light from racks bother me. I've got an Aerial sub in my system, and it is located up front, but has a blue florescent light that I had to cover up with a black felt pen so as not to have it be an annoyance. Just my opinion, I can see you are very proud of your system, and thats all fine and dandy. But please, for your own good, and the friends that come over, LET EM WATCH the show, and not keep looking at the sign!

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1352
My suggestion would be to put the center channel level with the tweets of the n26's. Yes and trash the sign and lights. Maybe a stand below the tv with room for the components would look a little more professional too. Good stuff though.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 48
I can turn those ligfhts off you know. Not one of my friends has found the sign distracting. I had a stand before nothing will fit all my stuff so I got a rack and I only paid 50 bucks for it and its the only one I've seen with the flexability it has...but I like it above the fireplace I figured that looked a lot more unclutterd then having all my stuff there I had the center below the TV it wont fit in front of it and the TV was too high if i put it on top I like tha I can keep my computer contollers and all that stuff in the rack too the original plan was to build the stand at the top of this page but I like it on the fire place way better

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 365
Didnt mean to upset ya man!
Just a thought, thats all.
The rack is fine, and with limited space I see you've done a great job.
Hang the TV on the wall, mount the center channel either below, or above it, with the tweeter facing the main seating postition, take the JBL light, and put it somewhere that it doesnt draw attention to itself WHILE watching a movie, maybe on the wall behind you?
Its a cool sign, I wasnt suggesting throwing it away, just dont have IT be the center of attention, your screen, and sound should do that. Thats all, and if you mount the TV, you will have more options as far as where to locate the CC. Just my thoughts man, thats all.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1360
When you ask a series of questions like this : "what are your thoughts for improvements?? is the under glow cheesey? the lights that make the letters JBL glow too visible? should I mount the TV on the wall as well? alternate arangements? "

Don't get upset with answers that you don't like. You asked what our thoughts on improvements were, that's what you got.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 49
I wasnt getting upset I can take a little constuctive critism if someone has better ideas then I came up with i'd be happy to use them I will probably mount the tv just the bracket for that was 3x what i paid to mount the centerIf I mount the TV the center will come down and those are N28s on the front. I know my flaws I just want to keep the same end result but I have no problem hearing your suggestions.

Silver Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 138
I think mounting the TV and putting the center channel below is a must. Also if it were me I would run the cables low along the baseboards in a snake instead of the cables showing inbetween the speakers.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 378
Chris Why not belkin???

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 379
Chris Why not belkin???

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1167
they make good accessories for ipods and stuff but everything else they make is junk. either go monster or panamax for line conditioners. i would go panamax cause you can get higher quality product for less money. also they were the first company to make a surge protector so they gotta know something.

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 218
i read that monster bought panamax.

Silver Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 139
Chris Im just curious what exactly you base this upon other than the salesman at tweeter? Many would say the need for a big line conditioner is questionable anyway. From my experience monster products are overpriced sales hype at best.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 50
Depends on your system I think its well worth doing properly and If you have the money theres really no such thing as over doing anything if it's what you want. Belkin actually had a decent product in my opinion at least for the price they sold the battery backup retailed at 5 with 8 or 10 outlets. monsters battery backup is 400 and only has 2 outlets so it was an easy ups to sell to customers. Monster is no question a superiour product and I wanted everything to match so I stuck with the monster the belken is also a stainless steel finnish and my gear is all black yet another reason i didn't want the belken but I felt they had a realistic price point for what they offered. To Tommy if you think about it most people who buy anything extensive into th monster products probably doesn't have any problem with buying the best of the best no matter what the cost is and for the average consumer monster is what they see in every store they go to half of the hype is taking it one step further then your buddies and you can't put a price on stepping your game up. My 2 cents on the matter.

Just buy what you want and dont look back because all that matters is that you like what you got in the end.

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 51
and they way every thing is right now I'm limited by where my wall outlets are and the length of a few of my cables so they won't be getting done right til I buy a house.

Silver Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 140
Joe my point is just because it costs more and the sales people say its the best doesn't make it true. I bought a belkin Pure AV PF60 because it matched my other components that have silver finish. One of my main concerns was the coax surge suppressors having as little loss as possible. My PF60 loses almost no signal strength on my antenna and I found it online for a great price. I have another Monster surge protector power conditioner and when plugging my antenna in it the signal strength drops so much it is unwatchable.

There is nothing wrong with spending money on nice equipment but put that money into whats important: the reciever (or processor/amp) and speakers; not the power conditioner and cables.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1168
tom, go shove it. I go by my own personal experience and not from a sales rep. you want to be dick, fine. ill just bite back at you.

Silver Member

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 141
ok buddy so what is your personal experience with belkin power conditioners?

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 220
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? LOL

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 384
Well i had goten the belkin like 2 months ago and i acually think it works fine. I dunno about the "cleaning" i dont notice a different it still looks and sounds great(amp+tv). My H/K avr-245 works like a charm on it and i feel safe knowing it wont get fudged over if there is a storm

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 385
Acually i heard that the belkin units are better then the monster one's.I like belkin cables better i think they sound better and there cheaper and the quality seems the same for a lower price.

Bronze Member
Username: Audionew

Arlington, Texas

Post Number: 34
hahaha, this is one of the funniest threads i have ever read. i usually never read the whole thing through unless it pertains to something that might help me, but this was like a soap opera man. i just counldnt hit the back button. thanks for the entertainment.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas

Post Number: 35
another thing. joe, how much did you actually spend on all that monster labeled stuff? damn

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas

Post Number: 36
AND, my parents bought my stuff when i was in high school. now im in college and pay for my own. but who cares if their parents are paying for it. atleast the youngsters are interested.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1089
Yeah like me

I may be young, but I'm still interested in all that stuff. My parents usually pay about half (you know "I'll pay half if you do") because it still takes me a long time to get money, especially in winter (because I usually spend time mowing lawns and don't really get an allowance). It'll be nice when I'm 2 years older so I can get a good part-time job.

P.S.LOL, you should've seen what I just typed. It was totally mispelled and messed up (it turns out my hands had been one key off to the left).

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 52
Power center 190
Sub Cable 50
(Fronts) ultra speaker wire 60
(rears and center) monster XP 100 ft 60
banana clips and flex pins (3 sets) 100
3 headphone to rcas 75
optical cable 45
---

the power center alone retails at 699 CDN so I would say I did alright

good for you making your own money I just see way too many spoiled kids that don't work for anything they have there are always ways for young kids to make money babysitting, mowing lawns, shovelling driveways, delivering papers...selling drugs just kidding how old are you anyway?

Bronze Member

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 53
and a 12ft monster DVI cable 60 bucks

so up to 640 still under the retail for the power center alone

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas

Post Number: 40
im 21
« Previous Thread Next Thread »