REAR LCD or PLASMA

Bronze Member
Username: Patenl

Canada

Post Number: 11
Almost finished my reno for home theatre...when finished I will go buy my TV for icing on the cake.
50" Sony LCD rear projection KFE50A10 or Panasonic 42" Plasma TH42PD60 ...which one should I choose.
thanks
Luc

Bronze Member
Username: Hawker152

Post Number: 11
get the sony, the colors on dvds tend to look better on an LCD screen these days

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2796
Get an LCD panel display (not rear projection). Unless the plasma is Pioneer or NEC, it's trash and won't perform reliably for more than two years (on average).

Rear projection LCD? Are you sure you want to pay for it when the lamp burns out (is certain to happen and they run 300-500$) or the light engine (easily a one thousand dollar part) goes bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Ascleanasitgets

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 15
Panasonic make one of the nicest plasmas hands down now keep in mind your comparing an HDTV and an EDTV but quality wise i'd buy the pana

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2959
Sony lamps are 200.00. None of these TV's are particlarly bullet proof but it's what we get when we demand something new every few months. The Panny Plasma has a better picture but the Sony is likely to give greater long term service. I wouldn't count on either of them to last forever. I own a Sony LCD RPTV. Picture's good and it still works.....hallelujiah! Knock on plastic.....

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 208
DLP

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 91
Neither.

Get a flat panel or front projector.

Bronze Member