Added my TigersLair pictures

Username: Tonytiger

Post Number: 4
My wife said I could ahve the plasma but nothing can show in the living room. Okay, where is it:
Nothing up my sleeve, just a Hooker Furn cabinet
Now with the SONY KE-42XS910 showing:
TV open and ready
Here's the TV with the component stack. Built with a Niles IR repeater so it can run with the wood doors closed.

Components feature a Marantz7400, Panasonic DMR-E80H, Motorola 5100 HD Cable box, RCA 5 CD changer and a legacy tape playerThe goodies
The sub woofer is the most visible part:
Speakers include ADS 250LCR for the front and center, Carver Sunfire True Sub Jr sub woofer and two Bose cubes for the rear surround.
I tried to keep the wiring clean:
Wired using all optical digital audio

Unregistered guest
I have a really simple problem. I don't know how to hook up my audio speaker to my stereo. I just purchased a Fisher Slim-1500. The wire behind each speaker is a long gray wire that ends in two thin threads. The instruction manual says simply where to attach the threads but not how. Looking at the back of the stereo it isn't obvious to me how.

Username: Telecommander

PA

Post Number: 7
Confused,

You may want to try the Home Theater Setup & Planning forum. Click back to the main page.

Bronze Member

PA US

Post Number: 64
Is it the system in the picture here? I think you need to push down on the red or black lever, then insert the wire into the slot that is created. The small wires should have a solid and a stripped cover. Make sure you hook the same ones to red and the same ones to black.
Fisher Slim 1500 back panel

Anonymous

The speaker wire goes from the red on the component to the red on the speaker-and black to black--if there is no color on your speakers red goes to + and black to -.you can insert the cable into the component till it stops,or just short if you wish(making sure the wire is stripped of its insulation so the wire contacts).

mab
Unregistered guest
ht

Ed Sullivan
Unregistered guest
nice how you concealed everything but if you wanted to get picky theres a imagin issue there with the center channel bein off the center of the tv lol jus had to say it but beside real neat very sharp

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Ed - Imaging? His speakers are no more than four feet apart. It does look nice though.
Let me suggest you dress the cables so the AC cords cross the interconnects at right angles to each other.

Bronze Member

PA US

Post Number: 78
Thanks J.

Unregistered guest
Just wondered how you still like the panasonic
120 G dvd recorder.
Mike

mjf45322@aol.com

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 15
Good Job--Just wondering what did you do with your satellites?..where exactly is your Sub?

Jav

Silver Member

PA US

Post Number: 104
In the fifth picture you'll the Carver True Sub jr. It is a 9 inch cube and fit snuggly under the end table. I had to remove the rubber feet to slide it in there and then replace them. The rear speakers are BOSE cubes. They are hidden on the woodwork behind the sofa. I bought the two box ones so I could rotate the sound to the proper direction. The mounting brackets are cheap from Circuit City.

Silver Member

PA US

Post Number: 105
Mike-
Sorry I missed your post. I liked the Panasonic DVD recorder so much I bought a second one for the SONY LCD in my other entertaunment room. It lives with a Comcast HD box, a SONY KLV30XBR900 and the Panasonic DMR-E40

Bronze Member
Username: Javmo200

Michigan

Post Number: 20
Anthgony

I like your cable mamagement as well, what kind of interconsct are you using. Do you have component video or HDMI/DVI runing to your TV from your DVD etc?

Silver Member

PA US

Post Number: 106
For the LCD, I'm running the SONY DVI cable as the main feed from the SONY Wega box to the monitor. On the plasma, I am running a Marantz 7400 which has component feeds to the SONY Plasma and handles all of the audio and video switching.
Both pictures seem equally crisp in High Def. The XBR LCD box seems to do a little better(clearer and sharper) job resizing analog signals to the screen dimensions. But that may be a factor of a 30" final form factor versus 42".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us