Durabrand Car DVD Player

Username: Watrgunn

Post Number: 1
What is the difference between the PVS1960 and the PVS1966

wissel
Unregistered guest
The 1966 comes with a battery - the 1960 does not have a battery.

Username: Eks75

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT THE DURABRAND PORTABLE DVD DUR-1700. I HAVE HAD IT ABOUT A MONTH WITH NO PROBLEMS, NOW WHEN I PUT IN A DISC IT SAYS NO DISC, I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT DISCS SAME THING. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1339
return it and get a new one.

Anonymous

Is it possible to add a battery to the 1960? and if so, what battery is the correct one?

sam99
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know the codes for making the durabrand 1960 region free? would like to send to family in australia but no good if they can't play their region dvd's!

Username: Weesahoney

Miller place, Ny Usa

my son recently bought a durabrand portable dvd player DUR 1500 very inexpensively at walmart. he used the ac adapter once and both of the prongs just broke off of the adapter. he cannot, nor was he ever able to use the dvd player, except in the car. any ideas as to where and/or how we can purchase another ac adapter for this thing?

Anonymous

We are thinking of purchasing a Durabrand PV1966 Dual Screen Portable DVD Player for our kids for Christmas. My question is: where can we get an extra battery? We're planning a long plane trip at Christmas and would like to have an extra battery for the trip. Any suggestions?

Username: Argetim

Anchorage, Ak United States

I just bought a Venturer/Durabrand PVS 1960 and after connecting the second screen both screens quit working....Any suggestions? Dvd works but no display.

sproketz
Unregistered guest
I may be posting a battery for the Durabrand DVD player model PVS1966 on Ebay next week (around 10 Dec 04) if you want to look for it. I don't need the battery. My ebay name is sproketz.

Username: Busman317

I am looking for a decent DVD player for our van that can either attach to the back of the headrest or can be held in one's lap. Anyone have any suggestions for a price range of $150 to $300.00? A 4 year old will be watching it.
Thanks!

frankjacobs
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a dur-1700. it plays good. HOWEVER i still cannot enable my video-game systems to play through the monitor. is coaxial just sound? and can video out be changed to video in?

help

Anonymous

I have a Durabrand 1700 and need to replace the rechargeable battery pack. The dvd only plays with the AC adapter. The battery does not charge at all. Where do I purchase a replacement that fits on the player?

Unregistered guest
I have purchased a Durabrand 1700 portable dvd player for my children for Christmas. Does anyone know if there is a way to make it play through the car stereo system. And also is it compatible with wireless headphones and more than one set at a time?
Thanks in advance for any and all responses

Anonymous

In regards to hooking it up to the car stereo system, we use something like this

Can probably pick up a cheaper one at WalMart.. plug one end into the earphone jack of the DVD player and the other into your cassette deck.

On a different note, our 6 foot cable that plugs the second screen into the main unit was damaged when our son stepped on it.

Not having a lot of luck finding a replacement for the 9-pin s-video like beast.. although the folks at www.svideo.com said they could make a new one for under $20.

Anonymous

Amazing what you can learn when you read the back of the main unit.

"For installation help visit or call 1-800-252-6123."

Low and behold, can order parts for the Durabrand 1966 Portable DVD player.

willy
Unregistered guest
Does the Durabrand 1700 play DVD+R or DVD-R dvd's? or does the player only play original DVD's?

Unregistered guest
I have had the Durabrand DVD player, purchased at Wal-Mart several months ago. The power cord quit working and when I tried to use the player with the battery I now only get sound and black screen but no picture. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Thank you so much Anonymous who posted on 12/24. I was searching everywhere for a DIN cable and no one carried it. Went to the web site you suggested and they had everything, at a resonable price. Thanks again!

Chateaurodrigo
Unregistered guest
Purchased a PVS-1960 for my hubby's bday and was wondering if there was any way to hook up the system to the cars stereo system? Have read above that some have gotten the cassette adapter but our van only has cd player.

Any suggestions?
Chateaurodrigo

JoshP
Unregistered guest
You can also purchase a rf adapter that works similar to the cassette adapter. You plug it into the dvd player, and then tune your cars radio to the radio frequency specified on the adapter, and it sends the sound through your antenna to your radio. I am not exactly sure where to buy them, but I know that they are out there.

Anonymous

You might try the manufacturer of the Durabrand products for Wal-Mart, which is Initial Technology, Inc. Their web site is www.initialdvd.com. I was able to find a replacement rechargeable battery pack for my Durabrand 1500 Portable DVD Player. Good luck!

Anonymous

You might try the manufacturer of the Durabrand products for Wal-Mart, which is Initial Technology, Inc. Their web site is www.initialdvd.com. I was able to find a replacement rechargeable battery pack for my Durabrand 1500 Portable DVD Player. Good luck!

Anonymous

To use the DVD player audio with Car stereo, use FM modulator available at most electronics stores like Circuit City, Good Guys, etc. Once you connect the FM modulator to your DVD's audio out, you can select a FM frequency to transmit, then tune your radio to that FM frequency.

Zhdude
Unregistered guest
Is this a good Dvd player?
Durabrand 7" Portable DVD Player ?
Should I buy this? I will need it for trips. Does it have many problems or If i take good care of it will it be good for me?

Mimi
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have the manual for the Durabrand 1700? It played once for 30 minutes, and I can't get it to play anymore even after charging it with the car adapter and wall adapter that came with it. Would you please e-mail it to me at vercida70@aol.com? Strange thing is, I've contacted the manufacturer and they're not even showing this as one of their models! Thanks so much!

andy Schweppes
Unregistered guest
I haev a durabrand 7" that i recieved for christmas, even when i charge it, the screen is still black and the disk won't play...any suggestions

Username: Paulette48

West Covina, CA United States

Own a PVS 1966 with no probs except when the grandchild tried to plug in the connection cord between the two screens. Where can I buy another cord? And where can I get another manual? Except for that one incident the grandchild can work it, but I can't. Any info would be appreciated.

Username: Martini3

Albuquerque, NM USA

HELP! My van was broken into today and the dorks took my dvd player but not the two screens. Is it possible to buy just the player? I really hate to toss out two screens at $300 I just bought a month ago. Any suggestions?

Shedi Dills
Unregistered guest
Sorry Jessica!!

Anonymous

Try looking for parts at...
http://www.18002526123.com/findit/findit.htm
they had replacement parts for my durabrand dvd, I lost the battery charger.

Unregistered guest
SOMEONE MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT A NEWER DURABAND DVD PLAYER, WHIC ONE IS NEW THE YELLOW BOX OR BLUE ONE ? i HAVE HAD MINE AMOUNT A WEEK WITH NO PROBLEMS , DID THOSE OF YOU THAT HAD A PROBLEM GET THIER REFUND BACK WITH NO PROBLEM

Unregistered guest
we bought a durabrand 1966 and took it to brazil. anyone has any idea on how to make it region free. brazil is code 4 or 0.

Just a helpful hinter
Unregistered guest
A little late for the December traveller, but for those needing a powerful enough battery to work both screens, I bought one at Walmart - which is also where I bought the DVD player. It was about $50. I'm looking at it, but there's no manufacturer name on it. But is a 9V / 5400 mAh Lithium Ion Battery, model # RB-270. It's about 5" x 3" and about 1 " thick. It has different adaptor plugs at the end so you choose the right one to properly fit in the DVD's Battery in plug. [hint - tape the adaptor right on the cord so you don't lose it] It powered both screens through a 2 hour movie, and still had charge left. And FYI, Radio Shack has a car cigarette lighter, voltage adapter for $69 that will power a play station or other gaming unit. One child can power a totally different movie or play a game on one screen and another child can watch a movie on the other screen. Your vehicle has to have two cigarette type power plugs.

Username: Rrubyred222

Houston, Tx

We just had our main console of the PVS1966 stolen. Can anyone recommend somewhere where I can get a new one without having to replace the entire unit. Because we still have everything else including the extra screen. Please help!!!!!!

zoenkie
Unregistered guest
i bought a durabrand dur-1700. can anyone tell me what the average battery life is, and can i buy a spare battery. if so,where?

Anonymous

I am considering a duraband system for the van. Do you recommend the PVS1966 or the PVS1970. Which one is best for the price and reliability

Anonymous

My Ventura PVS1960 has absolutely no power- We've replaced everything to replace, and still no power . I've e-mailed them, and no answer. A friend may have damaged the plug going into the screen. Could that have shorted a battery or something ? We've tried replacing the fuse going to the car plug adapter . Thanks

Anonymous

I bought a Duraband 1700 dvd player for Xmas i need a new battery pack. Where can a find one

Unregistered guest
hello everyone,

i have the pvs1960. I noticed that the 1966 models have a stand built on the back of the monitor. Does anyone know if i can buy a stand for my 2 monitors that will prop them up when watching them on a table.

thanks.

Anonymous

I have a durabrand car dvd player that has a bad surface mount transistor.My problem is that I burned the surface mount transistor so bad,that I cannot see the part number on it to replace another.The surface mount transistor is located like a little below the regulator and it also is marked Q601.So if any could help me out and find out the part number off that surface mount transistor,I would appriciate it.Thanks!

Anonymous

I'm thinking about getting a PVS1966 for my kids, but I saw a lot of mixed reviews on the internet, I like the price but really concern about the quality, can some of the PVS1966 owners kindly give me some feedback/suggestion? Appreciate it!!

Anonymous

Anonymous user regarding Q601, you aren't the only one who lost this IC, mine is also burnt, but I was able to make out most of it. C4H4 is what it looks like on this one I have. This may be why some of the others are having problems. It seems like both monitors draw to much power for this components. I have the Venturer PCS 1960 by the way. Those that are electronically inclined may be able to repair it by supplying power directly to the TFT line, this is the power supply line for the monitors.

Anonymous

is it possible to get a battery adaptor for the venturer 1960

Anonymous

For those that have a broken DVD player and still want to use the monitors or you want to convert their monitors into a regular video monitor for use with a game console here is the color code for the wires that are in the cable that run from the player to the monitor. All that is needed is a 12V power source, an RCA video output from a video source and an audio output.

Grey = 12V+
Black= Ground (Black and White can be tied together)
White= Video ground
Orange=Left speaker (Orange and yellow can be tied to together
Yellow= Right speaker for mono sound there is only one speaker)
The non-insulated wire can be tied to ground. So can the ground lead for the speakers.
Blue, brown, orange, and green seem to control the remote control feed to and front the base unit .

Username: Martini3

Albuquerque, NM USA

Post Number: 2
to previous anonymous or anyone else-do you know if its possible to do some sort of splitter to use the moniters with the player as 2 extra screens to make a 4 screen system. I had my main dvd player stolen and had to buy a new system so now have 4 screens but can only use 2. the wire system you wrote about sounds confusing to a broad like me :-)

Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand 7" portable DVD player that I got at wal-mart and today the screen went black. I can hear the dvd, but I can not see it at all. I have had it since christmas and this is the only problem I have had. If anyone can help me Please email me at bradleydanielle@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Jessica, I don't think you can use 4 screens it seems like 2 screens is already more then the power curcuit can handle as it is. You may be able to built the cable like I mentioned in the previous post above yours but you would want to supply a seperate 12V+ and ground to the screens or you could risk blowing the power curcuit.

As for blueyes, I would take it back to wal-mart and have them exchange it if you can, if you can't you can build a test cable like I mention and test it out with another video source like a PS2 or VCR, anything with RCA out. If the monitor works then you know the DVD unit is bad.

Unregistered guest
Dose anyone know where i can find a battery for a durabrand DUR-1700. My niece lost hers and she needs a new one for her trip.

Username: Futura

Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico

I have A DUR 1700 DVD player I need a Manual to know menu options and to know how the system works, Can some one help me. Thanks

Anonymous

I have purchesed the 1800 dur model portable dvd from walmart . imay take this prodoct to asia where the power supply is220-240 watts.can Iuse the universal power adopter which is awailable to convet the power from 50 to 500 watts, to attach to the suppleid power adopter to charge the batterypack

Anonymous

Just as I suspected...after reading the many comments on these players, they are not unlike any other items purchased at Walmart. Outsourced garbage that fills our landfills and keeps American workers unemployed. I'll stick with quality items from independent retailers that provide REAL customer service...not just exchange counters!

Unregistered guest
does anyone know where i can get a car and home power cord for a dur-1500

Unregistered guest
I purchased a used Drabrand portable DVD plyer w/ two monitors for a car, I had it for a week and now it says NO VALID DISC and will not play as I dis not receive a manual i am resorting to leaving this message;
Can any one help me????

John Sevinsky
Unregistered guest
As for the burned-up Q601 I have the same problem. I tried supplying the TFT power line through a 7812 voltage regulator, but it got hot. Real hot, even with no monitor plugged in. Plugging in two monitors caused it to get so hot that it stopped working within a minute.

Does the TFT line really need to be regulated to 12V, or can I just wire the TFT line to the power jack?

Username: Daveyjones

Melbourne, Florida Usa

I have the venturer pv1960...worked great...
BUT now when disk is loading ,it says "disk is valid"...tried several disks,same thing Any ideas?

truebrits
Unregistered guest
I have PVS 1960, and there is power to the DVD player, however the screens have no power. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a Dur-1700 and my player also as others stop reading the disk. Someone told me if it reads a misic cd than 9 out of 10 it just needs cleaning, so get a dvd cleaner and that air in a can stuff and clean it real good. Mine works fine now!

Unregistered guest
To John Sevinsky, the 12V line doesn't really need to be regulated but the voltage stright from a cig lighter or 12V car jack can very from 10-15V I would at least add in a couple of caps to stabilize the voltage.

michelle dinh
Unregistered guest
I purchase a DUR-1500 model portable dvd player, during a move, have misplaced or lost the charger. can anyone help me and let me know where i can get a charger only.,,,please email me @ michelleluv510@yahoo.com

thank you very much

BillX
Unregistered guest
I have the venturer pv1960...worked great...
BUT now when disk is loading ,it says "disk is valid"...tried several disks,same thing Any ideas?

ramstud
Unregistered guest
Has anybody found a splitter for the pvs1960 i would like to use 4 screens.

Unregistered guest
I have a 7" car dvd player. I had it for three mouths and I unpluged one of the moniters and it quit working. I do not know what too do Mark

Unregistered guest
To get around the burned-up Q601 problem, I soldered in a jumper wire that supplied the car's power directly to the TFT power line, and it has been working for many hours with no problems.

As for a splitter for running four screens, I'll bet that you would burn up something (Q601, maybe?) if you tried this, as those screens suck up a lot of power.

Username: Edgar01

I have a Durabrand 7" portable DVD player that I got at wal-mart player which is region 1 but have a whole collection of DVD's from assorted regions. Is there a hack to unlock the DVD player. All suggestions welcome.

Anonymous

For those trying to do four screens - I have never found a splitter. If you have two sets though (you have to have two of the player and 4 screens) you can put the DVD in one, connect the DVD players with a cable from A/V out to A/V in and all four screens will show the same things. By the way, you can buy new DVD main units from their website for $80 plus $15 shipping.

Anonymous

truebrit - I have the same problem - unit powers on, but not screens. since i have two sets I took cords from the unit (still attached to monitor) and put it in the other unit - and it worked. There is a some problem from the unit itself where the power goes out to the connecting cables. Anyone know why?

Anonymous

you can get the Belkin Tune Cast II Mobile FM Transmitter

michal
Unregistered guest
the message obuve tis ine is to hook up dvd player to car speakers

michal
Unregistered guest
the message above is to connect to car speakers

Username: Jsevinsk

Here's a picture of the 9-pin jack on the back of the player.

http://freespace.virgin.net/matt.waite/resource/av/minidin9.gif

In case you can't view the picture, the pins are layed out:

-21-

By poking around a bit, I think I figured out what the signals are.

1 - Video out
2 - GND
3 - IR signal - normally +5V, pulses low with IR
4 - Audio - not sure if L or R
5 - Audio - not sure if L or R
6 - GND
7 - GND
8 - Standby LED - 0V when player on, +2V when standby
9 - +12V power to monitor

Blackwing
Unregistered guest
Can the monitors of the 1970 be mounted on brackets instead of the straps?

Unregistered guest
i have a durabrand monitor. is there anyway i can convert it to work wit my in dash dvd player? it has video out and audio out

Anonymous

i have a durabrand model pvs1970. it will not work now. i think it is the cable wire that goes in the screens. Where can i order parts??

Anonymous

I recently purchased a dvd player to install in my car, and I want to do the installation myself, can anyone tell me where I need to connect the gnd wire and the 12v wire from the lcd monitor.

Anonymous

I have a Durabrand 1700. Lost Video Cables to connect to TV. Where can I find Replacement

Username: Randrj

I have a durabrand 1966 portable DVD player with 2 screens I bought at walmart. The cable that connects them got damaged. Any ideas where I could buy another one.

kids03
Unregistered guest
I want to purchase a durabrand dual screen portable Dvd player from walmart. Does anyone know if I can also use it for my kids playstation 2 . If yes, what do I need to buy with it.

pinksoccrmom
Unregistered guest
I am looking at the Durabrand dual screen vs the Polaroid dual screen. Any recommendations? Does the Durabrand include ear phones? Does Durabrand have ESP? Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I have the Durabrand PVS 1960 and it worked great for about 2 months. Now when it plays a movie it goes for a minute then freezes up for a couple seconds and then continues. It doesn't have to do with vibration because it does it even when sitting still. Any suggestions as to what might be the issue? DVD's are all clean and scratch free as far as I can tell.

Unregistered guest
has the dual 7" durabrand main unit the same features of the durabrand pvs 1966??, pls it`s urgent, somebody help me.

Anonymous

The Durabrand DUR-1700 appears to be the same as the Initial IDM-1731. Manual PDF for the 1731 may be found here:

<<http://www.initialdvd.com/pdf/IDM-1731%20Manual.pdf>>

ernstberger
Unregistered guest
i need a car power adapter for a durabrand dual screen 6.2" portable dvd player. Is there a website to purchase this item or is this a universal adapter i can get anywhere? thanks!

Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand portable DVD player(DUR-1500) w/ 5" monitor around christmas of 2004, and my daughter dropped it. The screen does not show a picture. Tt is a few colors, with a visible crack. There is sound, but no picture. If there is any way to fix this, please respond to this letter telling me what I can do. Thank you.

ebeth
Unregistered guest
I have just purchased a durabrand 1970 for my children for Christmas. From reading the above posts, I have the feeling I should have bought another brand. I don't see where anyone mentions the 1970. Is this a decent product? I have two young children and NEED a dvd player for the car.

Judah
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Dura 1700 that I plan to give as a Christmas gift next week. I'm not sure after reading these posts if I want to return it and buy a new one. Who is the manufacturer of this product and is it true that they don't return your calls and deny that the 1700 model is not part of their product line? Answering yes to the last two questions means I'm returning it tomorrow.

Crash
Unregistered guest
I am having trouble with my PVS-1960 with Playstation 2. When using the cables supplied I have a lot of static on the screen. I have a 125 W converter for the playstation and tried a 300W converter and had the same problem. Any suggestions on why I have the static? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I'm yet another person with a burned up Q601 on their 1600 system. I got my unit used and it worked fine for a whole 7 hour road trip. Then my 7 yr old pulled the DIN cable out of her unit and my 12 yr old tried to push it back in during the return trip. We got a burning smell and blank screens, but still a green power light on the main unit. It seems that the main unit is the frequently failed item. I know I can get a new unit for $80, but they would also have the same potentially bad Q601, right? Does anyone have a schemetic to convert regular composite red-white yellow outputs to power the dual screens?

Unregistered guest
CORRECTION...it's a 1960 system, NOT a 1600 system. Sorry.

Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand Dual 7B, i need the codes to convert this DVD in Region free, somebody can help me?

Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand Dual 7B, i need the codes to convert this DVD in Region free, somebody can help me?

amethyste_marie
Unregistered guest
All I can say is I bought a PVS 1966 months ago and I still love it. I use it in my car almost every day and I have yet to have any problems with it. I do appreciate the link to the company website though. Now I can get that second battery I've been wanting. Yeah! :o) I would recommend this system, despite all the bad reviews.

How to potentially fix a burned-up Durabrand DVD player:

http://pvs1960fix.blogspot.com/

Good luck!
John

Unregistered guest
So you want to take one or more of the LCD screens you got with your Durabrand / Venturer PVS 1960 and make it autonomous? Maybe your player broke and you're stuck with two useless screens. Maybe your DVD player is still working but you just want to harvest the second screen for use in another project. There are two entries in this forum that hint at how to do this. However, since I just did this the other day, I thought I'd expound on the process a bit. Note, I am not an electrical engineer. This is just what I did. I'm not saying that you should. If you burn down your house, I am not interested in the blame. On a serious note, never work on the wiring of any of these components while the unit is plugged in.

For this project I made a run to the nearby Radio Shack. Got to love Radio Shack for a project like this. Here's what you'll need:

1. A small black plastic 'project box' roughly 2x1x1. I do mean roughly. I think this was the smallest box offered.
2. Three RCA type female composite jacks. I only needed three but they came in packs of four. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at the back of your TV screen. See those yellow, white, and red jacks? That's them.
3. Some shrink tubing. You could use electrical tape but this is much cooler. If you're not familiar with this product, you slide it over a spliced connection, apply flame, and viola' it shrinks around the two wires protecting the splice. You just have to remember to thread it before you splice the two wires in question together.
4. If you wanted to, you could get a female DC power jack of your choice. I hardwired my power to my project box so I didn't get this.
5. A 12v DC power supply. I used one of the universal power adapters that you can get anywhere.
6. A soldering gun. It is possible to do this without one but you're probably going to lose some signal quality.
7. Solder
8. A drill
9. Wire strippers
10. A multimeter or some other tested that will let you know which pin on the nine pin connector corresponds with which wire.

Take the box and drill three holes big enough for the three RCA jacks. Drill another hole for the 9 pin wire that connects your screen to your player. Drill a fourth hole for the power cable. Cut one end of the 9 pin wire off. Feed it through one of the holes. Cut the end off the universal power adapter and thread it through a hole. Screw the three RCA jacks in place.

Now, strip down the cut end of the nine pin cable. The colors of the wires contained within may not correspond to the colors in my cable. For this reason you might need to test the cable to see which wires come from which pins. Hold the nine pin connector up to your eye so that the row of three pins is on the top and the row of two pins is on the bottom. The top left pin you see is what I will refer to as 9. Moving left to right (like you were reading a page) the bottom right pin would be number 1. Refer to the diagram here:
-987-
-6543-
-21-

I will refer to wires here by color and pin number. The pin number should be your primary cue and then the color can be a backup just to check your work. Of course, this only works if your cables are the same color as mine.

How can you be sure which wire goes to which pin? Get a multimeter to test each pin individually. That's how I did it. You could also setup a simple circuit using a 9 volt battery, a flashlight bulb, and a couple extra wires. When you are able to complete the circuit, you know you've got the right pin/wire combination.

Anyway, here's how you wire it all. Wires 1 Brown, 3 Green, 6 Red, and 9 Blue won't be used. Take these wires and tape them up so they won't get in the way. Take 2 Black and solder it to your video jack. Solder 4 Yellow to your left audio jack and 5 Orange to your right audio jack. Keeping the left and right channels separate will be important when you want to hook up headphones to the unit. Take some of the shielding from your nine pin cable and solder it to the grounding connection on the three RCA jacks. I used some of the shrink tubing to cover up the length of the shielding wire that wouldn't be in contact with the jacks. Essentially, I insolated an uninsolated wire to prevent it from grounding out the surrounding wires and connections. Mark the jacks on the outside of the box so that you know which one is video and which ones are audio when this is all over.

Tie a knot in the power cord to prevent it from getting yanked out. Connect 7 Grey to your 12v + power connection. Connect 8 White (your ground) to the other half of your power connection along with the rest of the shielding from the 9 pin cable.

Cover all your splices with shrink tubing or electrical tape and close the project box.

The end.

I set up this monitor in the kitchen so that my wife and I can watch and hear the television in the living room while preparing meals.

Unregistered guest
for din cables try http://stockcable.com/minidin.shtml
There under $9.00

irisheggy
Unregistered guest
I have a Venturer 7" inch double screen dvd player. When I turn it on the messge on the screen reads 'no disc'. Anyone have any ideas ?

Post Number: 3
For those of you reading my previous post and Dallas C's more recent post, note that the pins are labeled in the same order. HOWEVER, my post describes the female jack on the player and Dallas' post describes the male plug, which explains the differences in the associated signals. (ie, pin 9 = +12VDC vs pin 7 = +12VDC) They are really the inverse of each other.

John

Unregistered guest
i bought a pvs 1960 about a year ago and for several months now my family has been unable to use the unit because the wires that run from the dvd unit to the screens will not hold in place. The wires move and then the pictures goes out. any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand 7inch portable dvd player-dur-1700. I tryed to play a movies and the DVD player would not work. All I get is it is loading and I just get a black picture. It has worked I went through all the trouble shooting and nothing. Please tell me where I may send the player to have it fixed. I called the 1800252-6123 and was told that they do not work on these for Wal-Mart.

Username: David1971

I recently bought a dual screen Durabrand DVD player. My problem is one screen is in color and the screen which houses the DVD is in black and white. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I will appreciate any help. DS

Username: Frankwhite

i notice that walmart sells the durabrand. i know if you are shopping for cosmedics. the brand name equate is walmart brand and almost always has the exact same ingredients as the leading popular very costly name brand products. is durabrand walmarts >??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6087
I don't see any other stores sell them, so it could be manufactured with them in mind.

Mihai
Unregistered guest
I want to by an Duraband CC200 corless phone.
Did anyone know something about this tipe of phone?
Where can I find some information about it?
Please e-mail me at mihaicomanelea@yahoo.com

Mihai
Unregistered guest
I want to by an Durabrand CC200 cordless phone.
Did anyone know something about this tipe of phone?
Where can I find some information about it?
Please e-mail me at mihaicomanelea@yahoo.com

Username: Scuba_jerm

I purchased a Durabrand Dual 7" DVD player from Wal-Mart for a recent road trip. It worked from about 7 Hours then did the same thing Emily said. It just wouldn't recognize the disk anymore. I returned it today, and after reading through these posts.... I will never buy one of those again.

urick1904
Unregistered guest
i bought a head unit with no wiring harness is there suspost to be one or if i buy the one from walmart that fits with my car will it connect in to the unit or is there another harness

urick1904
Unregistered guest
i bought a head unit with no wiring harness is there suspost to be one or if i buy the one from walmart that fits with my car will it connect in to the unit or is there another harness

urick1904
Unregistered guest
the unit is db1200 i bought from a friend can some one help

Username: Bobbilly

i bought a durabrand 1800 portable dvd player after three months after i bought it it started to make squeky noises on and off and says no disc when i put a dvd but when i put a cd it works perfectly fine. how can i fix this?

Username: Baga

I just purchased a Duraband 7-inch screen DVD player. Since I am going to be using it on a flight from the East coast to Seattle, I was wondering how many hours I can get out of a fully charged battery. Do any of you out there know the answer to my question...I surely hope so!!! Baga

Username: Mariab1988

Arlington, TX

I purchased a Durabrand PVS-1970 from Walmart.com for 257.99. And now the screens have went out. I can hear the DVD playing but you cant see anything. Do you or anyone have any information concerning this matter? If so I would truly appreciate the feedback. Thank you

Username: Kittymat

Rose - no screens try this website http://pvs1960fix.blogspot.com/

It may help

Username: Rcevans

Previously someone mentioned to get four screens from two sets of two Durabrands yo just go from the audio visual out to the audio visual in from one player to the other. I want to do this but I don't see an audio visual out on the player. The red/white/yellow jacks are for input. How do you output?

Username: Celia7788

Shenzhen, Guangdong China

we are making car audios for many years, and in my mind, the quality is the most important thing.quality is the life of car audio.
there are full of complient here and there, but no one in my factary!
So i am pround with my products!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8538
Of course you have to be proud of your products. You are selling them and you make a living out of selling them. If not for your products you would not have a source of income.

But, let us get one thing straight. Your products are not exactly cutting edge nor are they durable. They are cheap and not designed to last very long.

Username: Mazmaz

hi Guys,
I bought a game for kids to play in there xbox 360. i found out that you cant fit the connections like video and audio in to it
is there a adapter of some sort. If any one knows can they pleaz tell me.
Thank you
maz

Username: Mazmaz

i meant into the PVS 1966
sorry

Username: Tydpryd

i have a pvs 1970 that won't play dvd's but is stuck in the "loading" stage. it will play cd's without any problem. any ideas of what is wrong and how to fix this problem? we couldn't find anyone that would agree to work on this product.

Username: Astuff56

I have a Durabrand pvs-1970 that works fine through the AV out but the screens don't work. The package had been opened when I bought the unit, and I suspect the screens are from an older model (maybe a 1960 or 1966). The hook ups are the same but the screens don't work. I opened up the unit and there was nothing burned. The cables look OK to me. Any suggestions? My grandkids really like having a DVD player in the van! Thanks.

Username: Cabot_jim

Cabot, AR United States

I have a DVS 1960 and one of the monitors took a dump! Does anyone know where I can aquire a new one???? Thanks.

Username: Cabot_jim

Cabot, AR United States

OOPS! I meant a PVS 1960. (never could type)

Username: Musiguy

I am going to be converting my personal (non-copyrighted) VHS tapes to DVD. I need a cheap monitor to see what I'm doing. Does anybody know if the 7" screen "Durabrand" DVD players at WalMart have an input that I can use to see what I am copying? Thanks for any help.

Username: Cherokee47

La Center, Kentucky United States

will a universal 9 volt DC adapter work for a durabrand 1966 model? so i can use it on long trips, it plugs into a cigarette lighter, but aint sure if it would work. please help, email me back at angel24cherokee44@yahoo.com thanks and Merry xmas and Happy New Year.

Username: Howmuch

Hi, I have a Durerbrand/Venturer PVS 1960 does anyone know where I can get mounting brackets for the 2 screens?}}

Username: Cshivers

I have a durabrand that came with one monitor. I aquired another monitor when my sisters broke. I cant seem to find a 9 pin s-video y cable to connect both monitors to the one DVD player. Anyone know where I can find one.

Username: Acuna

I have a venturer pvs 1960 and need new cable that runs from the dvd player to the screen the old one broke. Any info where to find one would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Luckynina

I have the Durabrand portable dvd player with 2 screens. Can DVD-R or DVD-RW disc work????if not, what can?????Which brand?_? if you know please e-mail me at luckyorangenina@yahoo.com
Oh anthony try looking on e-bay, if not go to your local used or new electronics store!Thanks to whoever will help me!!!Please help i dont know!!!

Username: Diane

I have a Durabrand PDV-709 Portable DVD Player. The car charger has never worked. Does anyone have any ideas where I could purchase one?

Username: Lorianngie

If you're missing any parts for your Durabrands, check this site out. [removed]

Username: Timtrent

I have two extra slave units for the Durabrand for sale- you could also use the LCD screen from one of these slaves to repair a crack in a main unit LCD screeen - 40.00 each timtrent (at) hotmail . com Paypal accepted.

Username: Cryo

my 1960 is stuck on standby does anyone know how to get it to reset without remote????

Username: Sara145

Fl

have a PVS 1966 with both screens. 1 screen has the 9 pin cord attached to it. the other screen does not. i'm looking for a cord to the screen without the cord attached to it. the player only has 1 place for the 9 pin cord to plug into so i assume the other screen needs to be hooked up with the RCA jacks to the small output hole next to the 9 pin hole on the the player. i did not see any parts for the 1966 on the 1800 website. the 1966 i have actually has 3 screens. 1 on the player itself then 2 separate screens that attached to the player. i bought it at a pawn shop so i have no manual.

Username: Bryanfrombutler

all are wrong

1.grey is 12+
2.orange is speaker
3.yellow is speaker 2
4.black is video +
5.white is grounded to other grounds

blue red and brown have to be something with the remote no need to connect them hook a rca connector up to the video

Username: Tyhre

Newyork, NY United States

The Durabrand 7" Dual-Screen Portable DVD Player which I bought is a portable DVD/CD/MP3-CD/JPEG-CD player with connectors for two 6.2" LCD monitors and an additional A/V input that can be viewed on one screen while the other one is showing the DVD. The real kicker about this is that the total cost of this system (DVD player, 2 monitors and the price is favourable for me.

Username: Huayucardvd

Guangzhou, Guangdong China

Are your Kids fighting over who sits closest to the screen? The Durabrand is your answer.
The dvd system features two 6.2 inch widescreen LCD displays that are served from one central player.
Screens can be used indendently to play video games (with a PS2, Xbox, etc.) on one screen while someone else watches a movie on the other.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15388
Huayu Electron Co,.Ltd

This posts look like a spam but please post it in the the good forum which is the car forum:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/44.html

Username: Lpape2

The dual screen feature allows two persons sitting a short. This is a top loading CD Player.
GadgetMadness spent their own hard earned cash on the Durabrand Venturer PVS1960, a portable car DVD player which doubles your pleasure with not one, but two 6.2-inch attachable LCD screens that retails for a grand total of $278

Username: Frankz16

Unite STateUnited States

The Durabrand 7" Dual-Screen Portable DVD Player which I bought is a portable DVD/CD/MP3-CD/JPEG-CD player with connectors for two 6.2" LCD monitors and an additional A/V input that can be viewed on one screen while the other one is showing the DVD

Username: Vivilee

I have got a Dual Car DVD Player, 2-Din Car DVD Player 7 inch Touch screen anti-shock system, it seems good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us