IRiver digital audio player question

Username: Oktraveler

Post Number: 1
My first post here. I hope I'm in the right thread. Need some help here.

I have an iRiver Audio player-iFP-700 series. I've had it for several years and I can not find the CD that came with it in order to download music to the player. I have called the iRiver support twice and you have to leave a message for them to call you back. Imagine that! What kind of support is that? Not good in my opinion because they still haven't called me back!

Anyways...I need to know if there is somewhere I can download it online so I don't have to wait and order one. I'm leaving town in 3 days and want to download new music now.

Any suggestions?? Thank you in advance!

Oh I might add....I'm computer illiterate, so simple steps would be great! Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 167
http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=461057

Post Number: 2
I'm sorry, I don't understand the reply to my post. I have Windows Vista does this make a difference? I didn't see where I download the software.

Like I said...I am computer illiterate.

Thanks so much!

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
What I am saying is to try just connecting up the device and seeing if Windows sees it as just a flash drive where you can copy files to. In other words, no software to install.

Otherwise, you are probably out of luck since they aren't providing new drivers.

Post Number: 3
Thank you! I tried just hooking it up first and it said install CD. Then I got an email from iriver and they sent me the link for Vista but it doesn't work. It downloads as a zip file. It is really frustrating me. I guess I will just have to go buy a new one. I guess that's what I get for not keeping up with the CD.

Thanks though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
Unzip the zip file. That's what you are suppose to do. Then double-click on the setup.exe file or whatever it is called in this case.

Of course, if you'd rather spend $$ on a new device, that's your right.

Post Number: 4
How in the world do you unzip it?? Remember I have Vista if that matters.

Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
If you don't know how to do something, Google it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us