Archive through December 27, 2005

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
if i download it offline will it work or do i have to have the disc version first?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3439
operating system - windows xp, 2000, 98
Mac.

Becky
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help me? My iTrip has been working fine for a few months, and then one day it just stopped working all together for no apperant reason. I turn the station I was using on, 87.9, and turn on thh iPod, and the light for the iTrip comes on, but nothing comes out of the speakers. I tried using the iTrip CD to reset it to a new station, but nothing works. I have no idea what to do. please help!

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
I have windows XP

Jaredman
Unregistered guest
Hey Bernie i dont know how to authorize my comp to allow multiple devices, apple.com doesnt seem to tell me, atleast i couldn't find it on there. all it says is try using a different login. This doesnt work i plugged in the ipod in a different login and it doesnt get recognised same as my login. i looked through itunes options and could't find anything either. Just dont know how to authorize it, can you help me out buddy??

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
i have windows xp n when i put the disc it it does some stuff then says "1607: unable to install Shield scripting runtime." and i really want to put song onto my iPod =(

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
can anyone help with this?????^^^^^^^please

Gold Member

Post Number: 3440
That is a computer error and not an iPod problem
go here
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340
let me know how it goes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3441
here's another
http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=26326

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
i did all of the stuff, i dont know wats wrong, what do u recomend so i can put music on my iPod. or is there nothing els to do? i also tried downloading it offline but it said i had to run setup.exe but my computer keeps trying Windows installer. How do i switch it to setup.exe so i can download it offline?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3445
are you still getting the error code?

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
yes i am

Gold Member

Post Number: 3446
Something is wrong with your computer. You need to reload from scratch. Do a system restore, but make sure you back up all your files.

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
ok, sorry for waistin your time thanks for all the other time

Gold Member

Post Number: 3447
no problem. I hope you get this sorted out.

Jaredman
Unregistered guest
Hey Bernie i dont know how to authorize my comp to allow multiple devices, apple.com doesnt seem to tell me, atleast i couldn't find it on there. all it says is try using a different login. This doesnt work i plugged in the ipod in a different login and it doesnt get recognised same as my login. i looked through itunes options and could't find anything either. Just dont know how to authorize it, can you help me out buddy??

please help me
Unregistered guest
A few days ago, i had 1,700 songs on my iPod. Then, the next thing i knew, i had only 295!!! Now, it still says that i've used the memory for all of the songs, but they aren't on there, if anyone can help me, please tell me.

DanDrums
Unregistered guest
You will always have problems until you switch to the macintosh platform. Do yourselves a favour, buy a proper computor.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore/

Eoin
Unregistered guest
does anyone know a website that will give a step-by-step guide to putting music onto an ipod as i am having difficulties with it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3479
go to apple.com
They have plenty of links that will point you in the right direction

Unregistered guest
Hi all,
I have the exact same problem as shainanana,
Was just wonderin if anyone had info on how to fix this problem, being that my ipod has no music on it as i reset,and deleted all the music yet my computer wont update as it says there is no space on my ipod.
These ipods seem to be more hassle than they are worth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3742
yes, they are a pain.

i rule dis wrld
Unregistered guest
can we transfer wma files on da ipod

LOOLOO
Unregistered guest
I have just got an ipod, after spending hours /days downloading songs on it, my computer has crashed, if i erase itunes, will i loose all my data on my ipod??? Please help cause if that happens i will throw it across the room!!!!

dirtylittleslurry
Unregistered guest
disk mode and ipod won't turn off
I have searched on the net all day, i've tried everything i've read...
my husband plugged in the ipod and it started updating for some reason and then the whole thing froze at about song 160 of 1000+. so , he unplugged the ipod, probably a silly thing to do. eventually we tried to restore it. it is now stuck in disk mode, it won't turn off, we have tried to uncheck enable disk mode ,etc but nothing seems to work, including the ipod.
if i restore, it seems to go well until the step where you are supposed to plug it into an external power source to reflash the firmware (whatever that means) and when you do, nothing happens, it just says disk mode, okay to disconnect.
also we've been getting the folder with the ! picture several times and lately also the one with the usb plug and an arrow...
oh please, somebody help us...
this is so frustrating i've been at it for about ten hours and he's ready to throw the ipod in the bin.
also we live in australia, it's late, and i don't know if there is even anyone we can call at this hour. and we live, not really outback, but it's still an hour or more to the nearest apple shop...
cheers
and thanks in advance for your pity and help...
dls

Urbancavegirl
Unregistered guest
Hey i am having a problem with my mini ipod. Its the 4gb version and im not sure what my brother did to it, but when i got home today the screen showed a little tick and and said Okay to disconnect. I thought maybe he pulled it out of the computer when it was charging? anyway its not moving from that screen. Please any help anyone could give would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1717
Reset it.

Unregistered guest
My ipod suddenly seems to reset itself after about an hour, after that battery is fully charged. Can somebody please help. I sent it to Apple while it was on warranty and they saids it was a software glitch and reset it and sent it back. Its off warranty now cause there was a glitch in the Apple care policy which i didnt follow up then. I saved up for over a year for this gizmo. I ll kill myslef if i havta pay for repairs.

Unregistered guest
How do i download my ipod contents onto someone elses library? I've tried everything, i can download their library to mine, but not the other way!!

fghjcyvgbuhnicytfgvuhty
Unregistered guest
i had the ok to disconnect screen problem so i messed with the ipod and ended up fixin it by holding down the play/pause button and the menu button.

I_aM_sO_cOnFuSeD_!!!!
Unregistered guest
Ok, I went to turn my computer on tonight, and it had been on for about an hour when I decided to look down and see if the ipod could be unplugged because I had just noticed it was plugged in in the first place. When I picked it up it had the apple icon on it that flashes about every 6 or 8 seconds. I had no idea what this was, so I went to my itunes to eject it so I could safely unplug it and do further testing right? Well the icon for the ipod wasnt even in itunes. I checked all over the computer and it wasnt anywhere so it's like the computer won't regognize it or something.

**PLEASE HELP ME I AM SO CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF!!** Thanks.

wow_this_sucks
Unregistered guest
Hi. i just got my ipod photo yesterday and I got the same thing happening to me with IPODLOVER's ipod. There was that case but no solution was given since IPODLOVER didnt post again. While I was installing, an instruction read that I had to connect my ipod because it needed to detect if it needs to be formatted so I went ahead with it. I just followed the instruction then my ipod just kept rebooting. Reading berny's post, now I know that I have to install itunes first. Problem is, I cant seem to get my ipod to stop rebooting. If my guess is right, my pc won't detect my ipod's presence if it doesn't stop rebooting since it doesn't have a stable status. May I please know what the solution for this is? This thing is expensive and I dont want my money to go to waste just like that, especially that I haven't even used it yet.

Willba
Unregistered guest
to fix your ipod you have to find a usb port on you computer that you know works, then open the install program located on your ipod CD when it askes for you to format your Ipod again go into the Ipod diagnostic's by holding |<< and the little white button(note: you must do this while the ipod is rebooting) at the same time for a couple seconds. This will bring you into and ugly looking screen. Then select diskmode from the menu and plug your ipod into the functioning usb port. or you could do all the above while having the ipod connected (a better idea i would say)if every thing goes smoothly your ipod should be found by windows. you may now format your ipod and restore it with the ipod updater. if you get any errors while trying to format or set up your pc for your ipod then you know you have a faulty usb port.... I hope this helps

wow_this_sucks
Unregistered guest
Ill get right to it. Thanks much.

wow_this_sucks
Unregistered guest
Ive confirmed it. Willba's method works. Thanks!

Username: Helpthisgirlout

Post Number: 1
BERNY BUDDY! I had to reboot my computer so my songs got deleted..i managed to restore them after a while and put them back onto itunes..but the are viewed as different from the ones already on my ipod..so i can't update any new songs to my mini ipod (4GB) b/c it won't recognize any of the ones on it. Is there any way to reboot the ipod and delete all of the songs on it and basically start over?? PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!

ARGH HELP!!
Unregistered guest
hey, it seems that lots of people have had the problem of having the folder with the exclamation mark but no one has been able to give full proof help, ive tried to reset it (yes i have done it right)saw the apple but it doesnt come up 2 the menu just the folder, i tried to plug it into my comp but it doesnt recognise it and wont let me remove it safely. Is there anyone that can give me any more pointers which might help?

Jared W. S.
Unregistered guest
I got an ipod nano and i run off windows ME and i downloaded EphPod but it will only let me put about 24 songs on it and if i put more than that it freezes up and keeps on going thru startup mode with the apple logo and turns off and goes to the apple logo again can any one help me

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1999
'Argh help': Reset it.

Jared: Why winME as your OS? EphPod? What happened to the software you were given? Use what apple gave you...

Unregistered guest
Because i just got windows XP disk 2day and i dont know if my dad will let me put it on his computer since its his

username unknown
Unregistered guest
Your dad doesn't have SP2 on his computer? He'd better accept it! Or he'll be mauled by viruses and trojans!!! DUDE

Jared W. S.
Unregistered guest
No really I know that and we already have so i told him to give me the computer and i will wipe everything clean i got a nw hard drive and a bunch of stuff but he hasnt told me anything if i can put XP on it

Unregistered guest
HELP!!!!

I gotten a view days ago a pink ipod ,i had songs in it and listen to it,the battery wasn't runed out at all.I had safly putting it down,next morning i cant see anything everything is blank,help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Britt

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2033
I really don't understand what you're saying due to poor logic and grammar...but...have you tried resetting it?

Andrew waylander
Unregistered guest
Its from a few months back but i would like to thank Jamesseda for helping cure the dreaded unhappy apple sign. I have had it for a week and cant afford the repair (damn xbox360) but i read to hit it so i thought what the hell couldnt do any worse so i gave it a few sharp raps against my knee and to my surprise it turned on and started acting normally. :D i couldnt be happier Many thanks to all.

Anonymous

I had to reboot my computer so my songs got deleted..i managed to restore them after a while and put them back onto itunes..but the are viewed as different songs from the ones already on my ipod..so i can't update any new songs to my mini ipod (4GB) b/c it won't recognize any of the ones on it. Is there any way to reboot the ipod and delete all of the songs on it and basically start over?? PLEASE HELP ME OUT!! PLEASE!

Unregistered guest
I have also had this same problem over the past couple of days, for some unknown reason my iPod decided to die, showing the folder and exclamation mark constantly, and not syncing with any of the PC's in my office.
Unfortunately i bought my 20gb 4G iPod in September 2004, and although apple replaced it in June, the Warranty ran out last month. Having spoken to apple they suggested getting them to repair the iPod at a cost of £169, which is extortionate!! if you buy the years additional warranty this would have taken the cost to £230, which is £10 more expensive than buying their 30GB Video iPod new, with its own warranty. So the guy at apple agreed that buying the new one would be my best solution... Was getting quite pissed off at this point... my beloved iPod!!!
After searching google for hours i found the following website, http://www.ipodbattery.com/slimipodinstall.htm... it shows you how to open your iPod with a screwdriver and "hard reset" the iPod by unplugging the battery for 10seconds-ish then plugging it back into the motherboard. This cured my problem instantly and it now syncs, plays, remembers all original contents, works with my itrip etc. The case is minorly damaged, (hardly visible though)from my first screwdriver attempt, but as i keep it in my iskin it doesn't matter at all.

So in summary, if you have warranty left on the iPod, ring apple support and arrange a replacement to be sent to you, which they will do for free. and if like me you do not, remove the battery carefully and this will hopefully sort out your problems.

Unregistered guest
i just got my ipod like a month ago and my stupid little cousin as playing on it. First it wouldn't turn off but i later turned it off. Now it wont turn back on. I pressed the menu buttin and everything. Has this happened to you,can you help?! email me at r.diza@sbcglobal.net

Unregistered guest
i just got my ipod a month ago and my stupid little cuz was playing on it. I guees he broke it. First i would not turn on, but then i managed to turn it off. Now it won't turn on. has this happened to you?!?! email me at r.diza@sbcglobal.net

mooned
Unregistered guest
do u guys realise that there are knoew solutions or information being given to help? its question after question

Creegs
Unregistered guest
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generations
Reboot iPod: Hold down the menu and play buttons.
Disk Mode: Hold down the rewind and fast forward buttons after a reboot.
Diagnostic Mode: Hold Rewind, Fast Forward, and Select buttons after a reboot.

Mini, 4th, and Photo Generations
Reboot iPod: Hold down the menu and select buttons.
Disk Mode: Hold down the select and play buttons after a reboot.
Diagnostic Mode: Hold Rewind and Select buttons after a reboot.

If this guide doesn't fix your problem then its probably unfixable. Start off by trying to reboot your ipod. That should fix your ipod if its frozen or stuck on do not disconect or OK to disconnect. If that doesn't fix the problem then download the newest update utility from apple and install it (because as soon as you get your ipod to connect to your computer you need to restore it.) Now plug in your connector to the ipod and your computer and then restart your ipod. If it restarts press the "disk mode" combination before the apple logo appears and hold them down. If your ipod won't reboot then try holding the disk mode combo in whatever state your ipod is in. Hopefully your ipod will have now mounted on your computer, use the restore utility on your ipod. Now restart your ipod again and press and hold the "diagnostic mode" combo before the apple logo appears until your ipod goes into a weird looking screen. You now have to use the fastforward and rewind buttons to navigate through the screen. Do both memory tests and then do all the IO tests as well. If your ipod fails any of these tests then you have a hardware problem and you have to get your ipod serviced. If all goes well though then just press menu a couple times and then go to reset. I tried to explain this as best i could but if you need any additional help or clarification just add another post.

Anonymous

My iPod was stuck with the Apple logo for quite a while. So, I put it in disk mode (holding down the Menu and Play) and I used the updater to restore the iPod. My iPod is now stuck in Disk mode with a check mark and an "OK to disconnect" sign on it. Please, please help me! I need to know how to get my iPod to function like a flipping iPod again!! I have the 4 GB mini and I use it on Windows XP.

Anonymous

Help!!!!! I plugged my ipod into the usb port, but in the preferences it says there is no ipod connected. I need serious help!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2193
You'll need winXP

Come on guys, read the manual.

Creeg's post should answer a great deal as well.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2194
I'm quoting Creeg's on his post.

Starfire87
Unregistered guest
hi is anybody there?
i cant disconnect my ipod, it kepps saying that the files are in use by another program. do u guys have any idea what i should do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Its late where i am and i want to sleep!

varun
Unregistered guest
i installed ipodlinux on my nano and now neither linux runs nor is my nano recognised on windows, the updater software also doesnt recognise it. What do i do ?

Unregistered guest
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping Berny will answer this cuz Jexx seems very tweaked at the moment...My Mini is stuck on the Apple logo, it won't load the main screen. When I connect it to the USB port it charges for a few minutes then switches to the Apple logo, but my pc won't recognize it, and though I'm able to restart it, it still just returns the logo. I tried putting it in disk mode, but I wasn't able to.

I'm thinking of trying "voxzoy"'s method of banging it on a desk, but before I sink myself to that level, does anyone else have a better suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Unregistered guest
hi i really need some help! when it asks me to format my ipod MINI i click ok and it has been formatting for well over 2 hours so i guessed it had crashed or something, however this happens everytime. i have tried resetting the ipod and trying again but nothing please help me it would be much apprechiated hayley x

Unregistered guest
i have had my ipodMini for , almost 2 yrs now. have never ever had a problem with it , untill my friend brought me a new ipod mini 2nd generation. we tried to hook that one up an clear all the previous songs on it. so whatever it never ended up working.
BUT now my ipod won't be reconized by the usb..i think because we unplugged it from the usb...and it keeps saying i will need to use the installation disk...which doesnt help becausei threw it away like a long time ago!!! and now i cant put new music on it , or anything because it cant be reconized
please someone help mee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!have also tried to restore it from ipod , and does nothing.cant use the updater because it doesnt get reconized

Visorman
Unregistered guest
Hi people, seen as I'm posting in this forum you can probably guess I'm having a bit of a problem with my iPod...
Well, I plugged my iPod in, but then had to eject it quickly, so i used the 'safely remove hardware' tab on the windows bar. Unfortunatly, my pc decided to freeze, so I had to disconnect my iPod while it said 'Do not disconnect'. I've been able to listen to songs on my iPod without any problems since; but whenever I plug my iPod into my pc, the whole thing crashes until i take the iPod out again.
All help much apreciatted, (if thats how you spell it!) and thanks in advance.

Username: Stacilynelle

i just recently added a new cd of songs to my ipod library on the computer. when i plugged it into the USB cord, it had all 160 songs i had on it. But after i tried to update my ipod photo with this cd, after the "do not disconnect" sign went away, i selected music, songs, and every one of my songs is gone. I've updated at least 20 times since, even trying to import and load a new cd onto the menu. But nothing is getting ANY songs onto my ipod. I've had it less than a week & it's driving me INSANE. what am i supposed to do.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2269
Visorman: Define 'crashes'. That's a bit too vague.

Staci: You might consider reformatting the iPod.

Visorman
Unregistered guest
Well, I havent tried it in a while because of fear of losing data on my pc etc, but last time it happened, I could move my mouse but if i clicked on anything it would not respond until I unplugged my iPod, and when I unplugged my iPod everything responded. I might try it on my brothers pc... it might just be the software so see if I can restore it on his...
Thanks for help anyway!

Unregistered guest
I have just bought my new ipod nano and it doesnt detect either,when i connect it,it does get recognized by windows but not by the itunes//wht do i do plzz help me someone

Unregistered guest
now wht do i do in this case is it an issue with my USB 2.0 port coz earlier i had the shuffle 512 which worked just very fine

Anonymous

U all suck if ur ipod is messed up call Apple and bs ur name and stuff and say u bought u ipod like 2 days go from bestbuy and they will send out a new ipod and request the old one to be sent in....

holly
Unregistered guest
Is buying an ipod worth it, because i've just read all these problems and they're rather discouraging.

holly
Unregistered guest
Is buying an ipod worth it, because i've just read all these problems and they're rather discouraging.

fee
Unregistered guest
My iPod's been fine for 11 months now, which is quite good...except last night, i downloaded the an iPod update from the apple site, now my computer refuses to recognise the iPod.
It's so annoying, so i tried reseting it. Still to no avail.
It'll go into my pc and charge, thats about it...
Can someone please help me. It's really starting to bug me ;_;

Username: Tawniberrie

LeedsUk

kkkkkk........rite my ipod used 2 wurk fine but recently whenever i plug it into the usb por then it either doesnt recognise it or says it has malfunctioned...........ive tried everything!!! i dont know what to do!!! help!!! i needddddd music!!!!! sum 1 reply plz plz plz!!

Unregistered guest
how do u put songs on your ipod i need your help skuzzman

Username: Ooohboi3

Bethlehem , Pa

yea can someone help me with my ipod mini i have my ipod and itunes one update and when i use the ipod updater wehn i go to restore my ipod it says cant mount ipod can some1 help me

Username: Axl_rose

Post Number: 2
hey i dnt no if this is the rite place to put this message but whateva, i brought 1 of those new video ipods and i was wunderin if there was anyway you can put your dvds straight on the ipod cuz at the moment iv got 2 download films off the net, it takes ages and its annoyin plllzzz help

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2334
The files need to be converted into something iTunes will recognize via a software converter. Try to get something that does MPEG. dvdsanta might do it.

Anonymous

Why didn't anyone tell me how crap ipods are before i went out and spent 250 euro on it! non stop problems! I love music but i swear my ipod makes me wana just root out the good old cassette player! Ah frustration!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2341
They aren't too bad, especially with the low quality mp3 players other manufacturers are producing (mostly Rio).

brent n
Unregistered guest
well i have a 4th generation ipod and this morning i unplugged my ipod maybe a little bit earlier than i should have but now it doesnt do anything all it does is show the apple sign then the sad ipod icon and then the charging correctly sign for when its completly dead(the battery thats not all the way full with the lightning bolt)is the battery completly dead, do i need to get it replaced

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2344
Yes, it definitely has a bad part. Is it still under warranty?

Try resetting the unit if at all possible.

Username: Cameonyx

Quick Question: If I take my Shuffle and connect it to my buddy's computer to get some of his songs off of it before I go on a long trip. What bad things if any can/will happen. Am I doing something wrong byt doing this?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2349
You will most likely loose all of your music.

joshua patrick
Unregistered guest
hi my ipod video is not allowing me to convert videos from lime wire i have tried many times but it is saying and i quote " error occured while converting the file skateboarding - adio - one step and beyond. unknown error occured (-50)"

joshua patrick
Unregistered guest
hi my ipod video is not allowing me to convert videos from lime wire i have tried many times but it is saying and i quote " error occured while converting the file skateboarding - adio - one step and beyond. unknown error occured (-50)"

Helene
Unregistered guest
Please help! I have the 40GB iPod for about a year. Working fine and then yesterday, just stopped working. When I plugged it into my computer, no songs were left on it. Tried to do a restore with the new update, but now it won't recognize that my iPod is attached. I have a PC with only USB 1.0 ports (I've used the same computer before and it just takes longer). Thanks.

DR CRACKHEAD
Unregistered guest
MWAHAHAHAHA!!! I HOPE UR IPODS ARE ALL FOOKED, STOP WHINGING AND GO ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2361

quote:

STOP WHINGING AND GO ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

I agree that going to the website would be extremely useful. But it doesn't fully handle the problems here.

Using all caps to get attention is a bad idea.

tbk
Unregistered guest
my ipod has a folder with an ! mark on it and it wont go away. what do i do?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2369
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003

The majority of the time their tips don't help and it indicates a bad hard drive.

Username: Pajamafunk

Please, I need HELP!!!!!!!
I just got my iPod Nano today (Dec.25/o5)
And I can't install it, my cd drive isn't doing anything, even though the installation cd is in it, HELP ME!

Username: Pajamafunk

>_< Damn iPod! ---same problem with CD drive ......

Anonymous

The installation cd containing the software was supposed to work. If it doesn't I won't be able to use my new ipod video. Help please!!!

Username: Axl_rose

Post Number: 3
hey. i brought 1 of those new video ipods and i was wunderin if there was anyway you can put your dvds straight on the ipod cuz at the moment iv got 2 download films off the net, it takes ages and its annoyin plllzzz help

lachlan
Unregistered guest
thanks all....resetting fixed it

Unregistered guest
sorry is its already been mentioned but...my ipod is stuck in chinese and i dnt know how to get it off, i cant find where to look

Unregistered guest
sorry if its already been mentioned but.....my ipod nano is stuck in chinese and i dont know how to change it as i dont understand what its saying. I dont know where else to look and i cant find anything on changing it.

Unregistered guest
sorry if its already been mentioned but.....my ipod nano is stuck in chinese and i dont know how to change it as i dont understand what its saying. I dont know where else to look and i cant find anything on changing it.

Unregistered guest
Apologize for the naive question ... my son got a new IPod Nano for Christmas. The enclosed CD Rom that came with it ... does it work only in Apple computers?? I use a Dell. I get an error message "1607 - unable to installshield scripting runtime". Thanks for any help.

Unregistered guest
Hi. I have an ipod shuffle and it seems to have loaded ok. I already had itunes but after loading my music onto itunes how do i transfer it on to ipod??????? Am I missing the obvious!!

Unregistered guest
hey guys i got my ipod nano for xmas i installed everything correctly then i ogt a few cd's and transferred them into the itunes library.. how do i get the songs onto my ipod from the itunes library the instructions said there will be info to follow on the computer when i connect the ipod but there isn't can anyone help me please

Cami
Unregistered guest
ok well i just got my ipod for christmas, its a used 3rd genoration 15gb ipod and what happened was...

i plugged it into the computer so i could upload more songs and when itnues popped up it started to updaye it with the new songs.. but then my itunes got stuck on one song and it was sitting there for a long time so even though it said " do not disconnect" i did anyways because it wasnt working. then i checked it to make sure it still ha dmy songs and it did so i plugged it in again ( to the computer-mac ox panter) and it started to update my ipod but it got stuck on a diffrent song so i unplugged it again!!!! and then i plugged it in pone more time and the ipods screen turned to the apple icon, then to a disk with a magnafying glass, then back to an apple icon, and then it sat there with out being able to go anywere else with it , it sat there with the same apple icon. so i aim my friend tyler and ask him what i should do and he says to hold down the men and play/pause keys at the smae time na di did , but then it just turned off and then back on again with the aple icon! so i kept doign that and nothing happened. and by this time i was tired and ready for bed so i plugged it in to a outlet so it could maybe liek charge (i dont know ) and it sat there over night and when i woke up the aple icon was still there!!!! please help me out1 what shoudl i do to fix it?!?!?!?!?

<3 me ~ please and thank you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us