IPod mini troubles

Username: Flappybison

West Carrollton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1
Hi there, my iPod mini when plugged into the computer has troubles.

It goes through a series of screens starting with the "Apple Logo" screen moving on to a picture of a folder with a exclamation mark next to it. Then it beeps and Goes to the "Do Not Disconnect" Screen with the blinking symbol. Then it returns to the "Apple Logo" again.

The computer has recognized the hardware and says that it has installed the new device. Then i restarted and all this happened.

I've tried unplugging it and restarting the iPod itself. doing that brings up the "Apple Logo" and then the Folder screen again.

I just want my iPod back to normal. I've had ppl tell me that I may need to get a replacement battery.

Please help.

Username: Your_mom890

Post Number: 7
Try reformatting it and re-installing the firmware. It seems as if when the iPod wasn't being controlled by iTunes, it changed into a normal hard drive (and may have shocked the files a bit) and read the files wrong. It happened to my friend's iPod once and that worked.

And a new battery wouldn't do a THING, even then there is no such thing as a replacement battery for any Apple product since they aren't user replaceable, especially not the Minis.

Username: Flappybison

West Carrollton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 2
How do I reformat the iPod mini and re-install the firmware? How would I go about fixing this iPod? Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us