Is Audible Noise Floor Normal On Just One Side ?

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

San Antonio, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 60
Hello All ... I've had the now-classic Panasonic SL-CT470 for a half-decade now with no major complains; the sound is beautifully rounded and although I get better clarity via my computer/soundcard setup, I still very much appreciate the sound of this portable CD player, however, I've noticed a "humming" in the background whenever the player is playing ...

I investigated this a few years ago and found that, in-fact, most portable audio players have an audible "noise floor" ... furthermore, this is normal and just comes with the territory of portable audio ...

Recently I did a little experimenting: with different volumes and such to see how it affected the audible noise floor and discovered that it's only in the right-ear ... there is no audible noise floor in the left ear ...

... Could this be a problem ? ... possibly a short ? ... and if so, are there any other players you all can suggest to me that are comparable to this one, or better (i.e. better clarity, less/no audible noise floor) ? ... Thanks for any forthcoming advice ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us