Sandisk m260 problem

Username: 01gixxxer600

Post Number: 1
I was trying to delete songs off of my m260 and I read that you should just right click the device and select "format." I did this and it worked to delete the songs. However, after I tried to upload new songs to it they did not trasfer and the computer wont recognize the m260 when it is pluged into the usb port. Also when I turn the mp3 player on, it starts up like normal and then just says "Sansa" across the screen and it wont do anything else. It wont even let me turn it off (I have to take the battery out). I wonder if I formatted the device and it removed a program on the player that is essential for it to work. I need some help guys. Thanks for any help you can give.

Username: Your_mom890

Post Number: 4
i think when you formatted it it formatted the music and EVERYTHING else. try recovering/reinstalling the firmware (if you lost it or it wasn't on a cd, sandisk will likely have it on their website). sucks those players are awesome.

Username: Ac_dc

Post Number: 5
HI Kyle,
Do you have Sansa Updater installed? If not download it at:

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/Downloads/firmware/SansaUpdaterInstall.exe

Remove the battery from your player, put the hold button in the lock position, plug in the usb cable without the battery, once the player is detecting, you can go ahead and install the battery, you will need it for the reinstallation of the firmware. (Most users can just leave their battery in, put the player in hold, and plug it in, making sure the player is off and in the lock position...)

Follow the instructions, and hopefully you can get your player up and running. Cheers, Ter'
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us