Solutions for "Sandisk MP3 not recognized by XP"

Username: Xanthijenn

Post Number: 1
To someone who meet the same problem as mine.
I found the following method in Windows Microsoft website and it did work for me.
Device not recognized after installing Windows Media Player 11
Some devices that support the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) might not be recognized in Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP.

If you encounter this issue, perform the following procedure.
Uninstall the device in Device Manager by performing the steps in Issues with devices after removing Windows Media Player.
Disconnect the portable device from your computer.
Reconnect the device to your computer.
Start Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP and verify that your device is recognized and displays in the Player.

Issues with devices after removing Windows Media Player
In some cases, you might encounter problems with portable devices if you install Windows Media Player 11 and then roll back to a previous version of the Player by removing Windows Media Player 11 and the Windows Media Format 11 Runtime.

If you roll back to a previous version of the Player and your device is no longer detected by Windows or Windows Media Player, perform the following procedure.

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to perform the following procedure.
Turn on your device and connect it to your computer.
On the taskbar, click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
In the pane on the left, click Device Manager.
In the pane on the right, expand Portable Devices.
Right-click the name of the device that is not working properly, and then click Uninstall.
In the confirmation dialog, click OK to uninstall the device.
Disconnect your device from your computer, make sure it is still turned on, and then connect it to your computer again.
Windows will detect your device and automatically re-install it. Within a minute or two, the device name will reappear in the Portable Devices section of Device Manager.

In addition, if your device is connected to your computer when you remove the Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, your computer might become unresponsive. If this occurs, disconnect your device from your computer, and then restart your computer. Then perform steps 1 through 7 in this topic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us