Apple Ipod Video HELP

Username: Triplet24fan

Post Number: 2
i use my ipod for my mac computer and my pc computer. On my mac computer i bought 2 videos...a Prison Break episode and then a music video. But now when i try to put those videos on my ipod it says unable to play on my ipod....it says to reformat my ipod/reset it...so i did that, taking all my music and videos off my ipod...then i was able to put my new purchased videos on my ipod...but then when i went to my pc computer it couldn't put my music from my itunes on the pc computer on my ipod because my ipod wasn't formatted to pc mode anymore...is there a way i could use my ipod for pc and mac and put my bought items on my ipod from either computer? what's going on, please help me if you can!

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 213
From what I understand, a PC-formatted iPod will work in a mac but NOT vice-versa, so if you want to use it on both platforms you'll need it to be PC formatted.

You've authorised your copy of iTunes on both computers with your iTS account? Apple have a built-in security feature (DRM) in everything you buy of the iTunes Store, to stop you from copying the stuff you buy onto your friends computers. Obviously your mac must be, since you bought the videos on that, but try authorising your PC (if you haven't already) and see if that helps.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas :-(

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 214
This is what the iTunes help file says:

Deauthorize and reauthorize your account in iTunes

In some cases iTunes may "forget" that your music is authorized. You can refresh the authorization by deauthorizing and then reauthorizing your computer. To deauthorize a computer:

In iTunes, choose Deauthorize Computer from the Store menu (your computer needs to be connected to the Internet).
In the resulting dialog, enter your Apple ID and password.
Click OK.
You can now reauthorize your computer by simply trying to play one of the songs you've purchased. A dialog box will appear asking you to enter your Apple ID and password. Once you have done so, click Authorize to finish the process.

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 214
This is what the iTunes help file says:

Deauthorize and reauthorize your account in iTunes

In some cases iTunes may "forget" that your music is authorized. You can refresh the authorization by deauthorizing and then reauthorizing your computer. To deauthorize a computer:

In iTunes, choose Deauthorize Computer from the Store menu (your computer needs to be connected to the Internet).
In the resulting dialog, enter your Apple ID and password.
Click OK.
You can now reauthorize your computer by simply trying to play one of the songs you've purchased. A dialog box will appear asking you to enter your Apple ID and password. Once you have done so, click Authorize to finish the process.

Username: Sammy2006

Post Number: 1
hey guys i just got my video ipod and after a while when i connect it to my computer it says ( go to summery tab in ipod reference and click restore to restore this ipod to factory setting) i dont know how to do that, please help me . here is my email sammyswm2006@yahoo.com , i tried restoring it by pressing the menu and center button at the same time, it store it but it still have the same problem

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 220
The link here will walk you through the restoration process.

Username: Ceska

Post Number: 1
hi! my ipod video is charging for almost 6 hours now, and its still not fully charged! i believe that itll only takes 4 hours to fully charge it. wats wrong wit it? help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us