ITunes Help

Username: Ichez

Post Number: 1
K so I had some songs on my Ipod that I transfered from my harddrive, Then I deleted the songs from my computer. Then I plugged the Ipod again to put on more songs but the old songs were all gone off my Ipod because Itunes couldnt find them on my harddrive, i was like "WTF" just because the songs arent on my PC anymore i can have em on my Ipod? So how do I get the songs back ?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8462
You can't. That is the what "delete" will do. When you took them off the PC, your iPod automatically removed them as well.

Username: Severus_snape

Post Number: 1
To avoid this in the future, go into the iPod menu in iTunes and select Manually Manage songs and playlists. This will prevent iTunes from synchronizing with your iPod. Remember that adding music to the iPod is a one-way trip. You can't turn around and dump music from your iPod back to your hard drive without the aid of some third-party software like PodPlayer or ML_ipod for Winamp. I'll caution against using third-party software programs since they can really screw with your iPod. I've had to restore mine twice and I'm sure it was because I exposed it to software that wasn't authorized by Apple.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us