Creative Zen Nano Plus. that ecoustics.com reviewed

Username: Norbal

Pawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 1
This message is in reference to the MP3 player that ecoustics reviewed on their page, it was the Creative Zen Nano Plus.

All is well and good in your review, but my daughter had one of the 512M MP3 player and had trouble with the volume button that eventually failed. I was able to return it for her and we upgraded to and Ilo 1G MP3 player that is made by the same company and its volume went haywire also, it was repaired once by an authorized repair facility and when it went out again it was not repairable.

Both of these units did not last three months. The problem with the the volume button, as I see it, is that when the unit is shut off and turned back on the volume goes back to zero and you have to press the button multiple times to turn up the volume again so it can be heard.

Needless to say, for the time being, my disappointed daughter has went to putting her music from the music service (that we opted into because of the MP3 player) to CDs and she uses a CD player that can play MP3 music.

We have toyed with the idea of getting an IPOD, but fear that it may have some of the same problems, plus a friend of mine who is an Apple bias individual says that if you get a Nano, the first thing you do is put it into one of the hard cases you can buy for it to protect it because of possible flexing/ruining the unit.

In any event, I thought I would mention this since it is obvious you just did a quick check on it, and didn't use it for any length of time. Just in case you are thinking of an reason my daughter had this problem, it was not because she was irresponsible, because she took very good care of it and carried it all the time in its assigned case of holding device and neither of the MP3 were ever dropped.

I just thought I would bring this to your attention, because, although things look well and good in actual use the brand does not seem to hold up.

Tom L.L.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us