Archive through August 11, 2005

Njsurfer19238
Unregistered guest
I'm having trouble with my mp3/video player. It worked fine untill I restarted everything on my computer. Now since I put 4 songs on it, the lyra will not start. It goes through about 2 seconds of loading then shuts off.
Please send any help you can..im so frustrated!

thanks

RcaSupport
Unregistered guest
Delete the songs off your lyra, press the restart button. Reinstall firmware, software. Then Start Again.

-Rca Support

Unregistered guest
To RCA support, Is there a tool available to do a factory software reset of the unit after you are confronted with the Loading.. screen?

Anonymous

The ear phone plug fell into my lyra and so I took off the back and unplugged the memory, got out the little plug and put it back and now it will not start and I also pushed the reset button. But now it will not start.... HELP me please

Anonymous

The ear phone plug fell into my lyra and so I took off the back and unplugged the memory, got out the little plug and put it back and now it will not start and I also pushed the reset button. But now it will not start.... HELP me please

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2406
for LYRA problems go here
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/DownloadsLanding.html

Unregistered guest
How do I delete all the demo songs put on the player by default?

Unregistered guest
is there anyway to record dvds onto my lyra?

RobH
Unregistered guest
Hello:

To RCASupport: Can the RD2780 playback to a standard TV (assuming the TV had the correct A/V inputs)?

Thx:

RobH

Unregistered guest
i just bought the RCA LYRA RD2780 and i dont not understand how to download the videos please help me!!

Unregistered guest
I am in the UK and the Lyra support page doesn't allow me to get support without a valid US Zip Code. The drop down for the name of the product doesn't list the juke box, and the menu items of the Product type is Audio, Lyra digital audio player, DVD, and VCR. the Lyra I've got is a audo/vidoe jukebox but there's no selection for non of the above.

Unregistered guest
How do I get a replacement hard disk. The Lyra I've got is no longer mountable on the PC and the MP3 files on the disk are no longer readable. It comes up with a message missing system files when it's switched on... or am I doing something wrong?

Tech Guy
Unregistered guest
Hey everybody this is "Tech Guy" doing his day of service. (its what keeps me out of hell!) lol j/k
ok here we go

Ok FJV yes there is a tool go to: http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/DownloadsLanding.html remove all data on the Lyra the run the install process and it should reboot.

To: Anonymous why did you take off the back and UN plug anything? You do realize there is a factory warranty for 90 days. You violate that by opening it.

To: Lyra yes you can. Just plug it in and it browse to it from Windows Explorer And delete them their.

To: Curt yes you can record DVD's there are a few ways to go about this. The first and most obvious way is to use the on board recording system of the Lyra.

1. record strait to Lyra
(this works for live television as well.)
Just hook it up to the DVD player. Wait for a signal and play the movie then start recording. But in my opinion the Lyra Dose not compress video as well as a computer. So I like to do it on the PC.

2 . Record DVD's to pc
Recording DVDs to your computer then compressing them to an MPEG 2 or MPEG 4 isn't much harder and can produce video that's smaller and has better quality go to www.slysoft.com and get there decoder software. (Its really worth the buy if you ask me) then go to www.dvd2svcd.org and download there DVD2AVI converter. Convert to MPEG 4 or 2 and your set. Just transfer that to the Lyra and it works like a champ.
But either way works.

To: RobH yes just connect the transfer AV cables to the transfers out jack on the side of the Lyra and connect to TV.

To: Kethm you really need to read the users manual from page 18-30 and it will explain every thing. After that if you have a question on a specific thing I can help you.

To: John Dutton umm John you cant just replace the HD in the Lyra its probably easier to get a new one. But what it look like is the hard drive on your Lyra might have corrupted there are a couple ways this could have happened. Strong Static shock, power surge, near a strong magnet (most likely) if you put it near a Big TV speaker or something. ECT. Either way the best plan of attack would be to clear out all the media reinstall the Lyra OS from this site: http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/DownloadsLanding.html then put all the files back on it.

If any one has anymore questions email me at Cjsmazda@yahoo.com or just post here so everyone can learn.

Unregistered guest
Recently I bought a Lyra RD2780 and It decode mp3PRO files as regular mp3 ( the "PRO" quality is lost). I am encoding my files with Musicmatch 7.5 software (upgraded) that came with my other Lyra RD1080B player.

Any ideas?

danee
Unregistered guest
the mp3 player will take music and the computer says everthing is functioning normal but when the usb cable is unpluged the mp3 will not read the music, says 0 tracts, any idea whats wrong?

Rob123
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have an RCA lyra 2840 that my computer will not recognize when I turn it on. All other functions seem to work fine. I have Windows XP, so I ordinarily would go into "My Computer" and access it as an additional drive (It would show as RCA Lyra. That same drive now shows, but only as "K drive" and disappears when I disconnect the Lyra. I cannot upgrade anything until such time as I can get the computer to recognize it. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
i have a lyra rd2012b. it plays the first 4 songs from an album, then switches albums. why?

Anonymous

HELP, I have a lyra 2760. It gets stuck on the RCA screen, the computer doesn't even recognize anything plugged in. I've tryed reset button. RCA support says to send in 60.00 and they will fix it. Anyone know what to do??

Unregistered guest
My lyra 2760 is really messed up.
I tried to delete all the tracks that i had on it and my computer froze. Then once i restarted my lyra it encountered a profiling error. Now my computer doesnt reconnize it any more in the music match juke box software, on the F: drive in my computer folder or in the lyra upgrade utility downloadable program that i got from http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/DownloadsLanding.html . Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

im wondering if this rca lyra rd2780 can take pictures. if not dont u have a model that is a mp3/digital camera.

penacka
Unregistered guest
Hey, I accidently left my RCA LYRA Jukebox in my car for a few hours and it was cold. Now its the next morning and it will not start up. What should i do?

ruger
Unregistered guest
How can I get the jukebox to play random music, or continue to play. It stops at each folder, some of the folders only have one song, so it's a pain to have to keep starting over!!! Please help, Thanks

Daniel_JS
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to display a list of songs WHILE I am playing a song? I would like to return to the menu while a song is playing.

Also, I downloaded the latest software version V0.18.1a dated December 2004, but received V0.18.1 , dated Novermber 2004. Any ideas?

Thanks. Model - RD2780A

Daniel S.

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a Lyra jukebox RD2825-Lyra Audio/Video Jukebox with 20 GB Hard Drive, High Speed USB 2.0 Connection and Back-lit Multiline LCD Display

When I switch it on and it's not connected to the USB and computer, it think it is connected to a computer and says 'do not unplug' and then 'safe to unplug'... only sometimes the computer would recognise it if I drained the battery and started again, I removed all files and reinstalled the most recent firmware but I still get these problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Ryan O
Unregistered guest
I only get sound out of one earphone bud unless i hold the jack in tighter or wiggle it. any way to fix this without returning it? (it's not the earphones either i've tried with 3 pairs)

JkRD
Unregistered guest
RCA 2840 JukeBox, HD got formatted to NTFS, and it needs to be Fat32. Also, receiving error missing lyra.sys directory or somthing like that. I'm ready to play football with this thing!!!!

Unregistered guest
Ho do I delete songs off of my RCA lyra jukebox RD2780?

Unregistered guest
hello., when i try to record video my lyra comes up with a error and will not record. any way to get around this? any help would be great.

p.s. this is my 8 th lyra they are so frigile.

DO NOT LEAVE IN A CAR IT WILL DAMAGE THE SOFTWARE

email me if you need help i know some stuff about these

Unregistered guest
hello., when i try to record video my lyra comes up with a error and will not record. any way to get around this? any help would be great.

p.s. this is my 8 th lyra they are so frigile.

DO NOT LEAVE IN A CAR IT WILL DAMAGE THE SOFTWARE

email me if you need help i know some stuff about these

Unregistered guest
Anyone know how to open RCA lyra2825 to upgrade HDD to 60 or 80GB?
I tried, but after removing the 2 screws on bottom, it still won't open--did not try kick yet!
Appreciate any help/links/suggestions!
Thanks.

Unregistered guest
UPGRADE YOUR LYRA TO 80GB OR MORE
http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/96/94/

Anonymous

For those of you who are wondering how to record copyrighted dvd and vhs videos i may have found a solution.I personally don't own a lyra but i have 1 on order.I found this post on the circuit city website.
"Like the reviewers before me, I too was concerned about not being able to record from my dvd player. I read a review that said you could get past the copyright protection by unplugging the video-in line at the 6 second mark and plugging it back in at 11 seconds. Well guess what..... It WORKS I couldn't believe it but it really does work. So if this was a reason for not buying the RCA Lyra 2780. Don't worry this trick will work."

Anonymous

HELP!

Thang god I actually found this site.
Now the question is if someone can help
In US for 4 days before I head back to school in Italy.
Have Lyra 1090a, can't reach tech support, can't find product manual and can't reset Lyra.

Plays the 1st songs in memory but then when it tries to go to the external card it can't read anything and locks. Any ideas?

Upgraded the firmware and even reset the card, but can't find a way to reset the whole unit.

If anyone knows how to reach RCA tech support that would be great as well. Talk soon

-Greg

Anonymous

Your Lyra:
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=RD1090

RCA Lyra support:
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Support.html

RCA Customer Service:
http://www.rca.com/customerservice

RCA Audio/Video Contact form:
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/ContactUs.html

Justin schumacher
Unregistered guest
i have a 2825, and i recently moved to australia, i had to buy a new adapter for it that had variable voltage settings, and the inevitable eventually hapened that a co-workeer plugged it on on a much higher voltage, there was a spark, some smoke and now it wont start, is there a way i can get the info off???

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA Lyra 2780 and everything works instead of MP3 Playback. I've reformatted the hard drive and installed the OS and updated it with the latest firmware. My two approaches were ripping a CD in Musicmatchbox and I also purchased and downloaded music from music match box and I still get no functionality. it recoagnizes the file and displays it for about 5 seconds then kicks me back to the main screen. I'm in need of some serious help

Username: Socalhockey72

Rancho Cucamonga, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
I also have an RCA Lyra 2780, and I can't get it to play videos from the Windows Media Viewer (wmv files) I've also tried avi files, but no dice. Anyone know what type of file it has to be used in order for the videos to play? Please help!

Anonymous

was thinking of purching a RCA RD2780 it would
appear one would need this site to make it work and keep it going
UK

mauro
Unregistered guest
what format are the partion in the 2825A? fat, fat16 , fat32, ntfs?
I'm triyng to use it with linux and need to know what kind of partition.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
OK so I got my Lyra and was scared it wouldn't work but it seems to work fine EXCEPT I can't seem to record from TV or VCR. It says "NO VIDEO SIGNAL" but AV cord is plugged in the right way. Any Help?

Unregistered guest
hey i was wondering if somebody could help me with my 2780 when i got it everything worked fine but after 3 weeks something happened and the audio was very distorted only with earphones tho i hooked it up to my computer speakers and it sounded great but audio sounds like crap with any ear phones is there anyway to fix this?

Username: Delz

Ok, two things. First, I have a 40 GB Hitachi notebook drive and have heard that it is a fairly simple process to put it into the Lyra. Any comments on that?
Second.
I have a lot of video that is almost all avi format. Some of the .avi files work perfectly but most are out of synch with the audio when i copy them to the lyra. Is there any way to tell whether they will work properly without having to test them on the Lyra. Also, is there a program that will set up a queue and convert a lot of avi's to mpg overnight?
Thanks

Username: Delz

Post Number: 2
Mauro, i believe the formats fat32
Here is link to some info on that:
http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/96/94/

Unregistered guest
Hi, my boyfriend is having the same problem with the same model (a 2825) as Justin is. he plugged it into the wrong adaptor, there was a pop and smoke. I thought he was going to cry! is there anyway to fix it?

camarohair
Unregistered guest
My lyra 2760 turns on but is stuck on the loading screen. When I plug in the usb, it says it's transfering data but my computer doesn't recognize it. Can't get ahold of rca cust service, so it's basically become a fancy paper weight. anyone have a suggestion?!

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to get some tech support too - I have a Lyra MP3Pro RD2012- It worked fine for 3 months now I turn it on and it boots up but turns back off. What's going on? Someone help with this please. This is the first sit eI have found that offers any help at all. RCA tech suppport sux - I can't even find a ph number and this problem isn't even addresed in the manual. Caon you please help??

Jwatson
Unregistered guest
I have a lyra rd2840. The whole case has swollen and when I turn it on it only plays for a few minutes then turns off, anybody else have this problem? It hasn't been left in any extreme temperatures.

dktrpuffinstuff
Unregistered guest
should i buy a rca lyra from ebay?

Noj
Unregistered guest
I have a RCA Lyra 2780 and i was just wondering if there was anyway that i can get around the copyrighted part on movies and DvDs.( i hope there is cuz scarface is just begging to be put on it)

Unregistered guest
does anyone know where to find the compolete users guide? if you know, post it, or email me at lsoccergurl21@aol.com. thanx

Username: Roadblock

Hi Tech Guy,

I was installing new songs on my Lyra. When I unplugged the Lyra from my CPU and restarted it, it suddenly started to make a clanging noise (coming from the HD) and it showed this message "Missing or corrupted system files detected". And when I plug my Lyra to my CPU into USB safe mode, my computer doesn't detect my Lyra anymore, so I can't reformat my Lyra and reinstall it.

What can I do to reinstall my software?
What have I done to corrupt my system files?

Thank you very much for your help
John

Unregistered guest
hello im the proud owner of a ryra av i cant record
of the tv,vcr,dvd,kettle? or anything it just comes up with no video signal presant iv tried lots of thing but none of them have worked
any help would stop it being smashed by my right foot

Unregistered guest
I have 2 units of Lyra jukebox RD2840, would like to know what is the way to order the new files I enter in alphabetic order. When is conected to my computer appears with this order, but when It works alone, the new ones are in the last position of the files, and not in alphabetic order.

Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=15118&post=297964#POST297964

Had the exact problem with My Lyra 2760, except now I can see a partial display of HDD INIT FAILED. This occurred after installing musicmatch 10.0 Been to the RCA help site but cannot not load any software because computer does not recognize Lyra. About to switch to MS player & MAC IPOD....

Anonymous

howdy,
I'm recieving an error:
missing lyra.sys file
...a kinda deleted it... accidentally.
Where can I get it? I've already tried restoring it from the recycle bin; it doesn't work.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Paul from TX
Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 2850. The first time I plugged it into the computer it worked fine. After a few days of use I tried to plug it in again. This time the Add New Hardware Wizard came up and it will not recognize my device. It won't let me install the driver through the wizard because it can't find it on the CD. I have tried to remove all the software and reinstall and it still keeps popping up with the New Hardware Wizard, it recognizes my Lyra as a ?USB DEVICE.

Anyone know what I can do to get my computer to recognize it. I run Windows XP

dktrpuffinstuff
Unregistered guest
i have photos under the photo section of the lyra but they only show up as files and not the actual picture, can anyone help! oh and another thing when i play some videos with the format asf it says (after freezing for 30 secs)fatal error... shutting down please reboot/ oh and one last thing, how can i get the most use out of this wimpy 2 hour charge?
tech guy are you out there?

Mauricio
Unregistered guest
Hi, i bought a Lyra RD2780, and all its been doing is giving me trouble. I easily can upload all my files onto it but when it comes to uploading my playlists. I uploaded all my songs on the lyra then I used windows media and resaved all my playlist in M3U format in a specific folder and i highlighted them and dragged them into the audio folder in the lyra along with all the songs. I profiled the device and everything and all the songs work. However, when i try to verify my user playlists on almost every song it says it is not recognized on the device..and i already put all the songs on the device. so i chose to ignore that because i did not know what else to do and the users guide book does NOT help. and then i tried to play one of my playlists on the lyra by going to audio>playlists and first fo all the playlists I uploaded are all there but as folders not playlist. And THEY ARE in M3U format. Secondly when I "enter the folder" it says "no files found in this folder" or something like that. What do I do to get my playlists to work exactly how they work on my computer on my lyra? I do not want to go and MAKe playlists ALL over again through the lyra because I have over 2000 songs. There HAS to be a way to upload already made playlists on there and it should be able to work. Help me please.

Thank you, Mauricio

ahmad
Unregistered guest
i just ordered a refurbished rca lyra rd2780 from computergeeks.com. Do you think i made a mistake ordering a refurbished one? Like would it last as long as a new one?

dktrpuffinstuff
Unregistered guest
tech guy i fixed my other problems but the battery life thing is still weak! i am only getting 1.5 hours out of my player at the most. i called the company and they said that since it was refurbished i would need to call the company that refurbished it. now when ever i call the number they gave me i only get the answering machine! plz help anyone!

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Unregistered guest
my battery life is weak too. i am not sure what to do here. anyone anyone?

Cranky0ldNiceGuy
Unregistered guest
i have a lyra 2780 and i was wondering how i can take what i record and put it on a dvd? when i store what i record on my comp and try to burn it as a dvd, none of the progs i use are able to encode it. what can i use for that?

Nick Fortin
Unregistered guest
I have a similar problem than John Tran. I have a Lyra RD2854A, which is a 40GB variant of the RD2850, i guess.

Anyway, recently I pushed play and got an error message: "unable to load files! reset unit to resume operation. upgrade lyraHD files if problem persists."

So I tried to reformat and reinstall the system files, but when plugged in my computer, it isn't recognized. (Windows XP pro knows there is something there, but it doesn't recognise it).

And I'm in Canada, so of course the RCA site won't even let me contact the company, and the troubleshooting pages are pretty much useless.

Anyone know of a way to help?

RD2780 Help
Unregistered guest
'I was installing new songs on my Lyra. When I unplugged the Lyra from my CPU and restarted it, it suddenly started to make a clanging noise (coming from the HD) and it showed this message "Missing or corrupted system files detected". And when I plug my Lyra to my CPU into USB safe mode, my computer doesn't detect my Lyra anymore, so I can't reformat my Lyra and reinstall it.

What can I do to reinstall my software?
What have I done to corrupt my system files? '

Exact same problem. But I fixed the clacking sound by unplugging the battery and plugging it back in.

But windows XP will not recognize the USB! Help please!

Unregistered guest
WELL THIS IS LIKE THE THIRD TIME IVE MANAGED TO BREAK MY rd2780 AND THE FIRST TWO TIMES i FOUND THE COSTEMER SERVICE NUMBER ON RCA.COM AND GOT IT REPLACED FOR FREE. BUT THIS TIME I CANT FIND THE NUMBER ANY WHERE SINCE THEY CHANGED THE WEBSITE CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE NUMBER PLZ.

Anonymous

I am having the same problem as the other two with the rd 2780. It makes a claning noise on start up gets about two dots then says missing or corrupt system fles and tells me to update. But my computer nor any other computer recognizes it anymore so i can't update the software. What do i do? if you other guys fixed it please tell me how.

Unregistered guest
I am having problems downloading music onto my LYRA RD1080B player. The screen doesnt work and hasnt worked for years.I cant tell if it is saying anything. When I downloaded the music with music jukebox 10 it says the player is full, but nothing is being played.

Philip12
Unregistered guest
i search the COMPLETT software, i have formated my 2760. had anybody the complett software?

Unregistered guest
Ive just ordered a Lyra thats been "Refurbished". I know it means its used, but what else does it mean? And- By all the reviews and stuff i've read about it- Im really really scared I wasted so much money. It seems like the first time i Use it i'll have problems. Just wanted to say- If anyone has a different OS that isn't so bad- please tell us!

Unregistered guest
jeezee i should have come in here and read all the damm complaints b4 i bot my little peice of rca trash oh well *crunch*

Unregistered guest
Hey dktrpuffinstuff,
how did you fix the fatal error on some types of video? Mine does that also

Unregistered guest
OK if alll of you people who have problems with your lyra (Video / audio player) i have a very simple way of repairing it. Firt of all i know that when you start your lyra it loads up to two dots then crushes then a message displaying corrupt or missing system folders occurs. Dont freak out, jest reinstall your firmware from thr RCA website , several times. By doing that you overwrite the corrupted files and eventually it deletes it. Oh by the way if the upgrade does not start Leave it for 2-4 hours. Then try severat times.

Anonymous

Hello All! Just to let you know there are some
units that work (so far!?) I bought mine (Refurbished) through Amazon.com for $ 245.00 with shipping. Had it for about 3 weeks and has been working fine-did notice some sync problems
on some music videos (Kazaa) If you're just using it for mp3's you wasted your money (no searching for songs while listening etc. I bought a creative labs zen 40 gig for my mp3s.
Its the BOMB!!! so many features,I just love it!!
The lyra is for videos and movies etc .
I have copied from vcr tapes Ripped dvds on the computer but the best source I found so far
is copying right from your cable box(I hope yours has stereo!!) I'll be back when I have problems or want to upgrade to a bigger HD after
all 20 gigs is pretty small these days!

Peace OUT!!

Anonymous

LYRA 1028

does anyone know how to "reset" or reinstall the facotry settings the Lyra 1028?

when I go to the RCA "tech support" page it has this message.
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=RD1028
"RD1028 DOWNLOADS
There currently are no firmware upgrades available for your Lyra device. The firmware that was installed on your Lyra from the time of purchase is the most recent. Please check back again for future updates for your Lyra."

thanks

Username: Socalhockey72

Rancho Cucamonga, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
I'm sorry to hear that you all are having a ton of difficulties with your Lyras. I bought mine refurbished on Ebay, and have done nothing but enjoy it. I haven't had to deal with any software problems as of yet, but here are some tricks I've learned to make using it a little easier.

With Audio, it's best to work with MusicMatch Jukebox, the program it comes with. If you are a faithful ITunes user, as I am, it's simple, download your music as usual at ITunes, then make a CD and transfer them over to MusicMatch. Works like a charm.

Photos have been easy from the get go, so I don't know what to tell anyone having problems with that aspect of the Lyra. Plug it into your computer, download the photos, and enjoy.

Video was tough to figure out. It won't take straight WMV files, which seem to be the most common around right now. I bought a program online called Super DVD Creator 8.5. It was cheap, and not only does it help you turn all kinds of files into DVDs, it also turns all kinds of files into Mpeg 1s, which can be viewed on the Lyra. It's fast, simple, and easy to use. The other video method I just started using was recording straight off of the Television. Wow. Easiest thing ever, and actually creates surprisingly good video.

Hope I helped someone out there, I've just been pleased with my experience so far, so I wanted people to know that there are good Lyras too!

Username: Funkgritty

This thing is an all-around piece of crap. My LYRA 2780 battery is "Too Weak to Resume Operation" and it keeps cutting off. The kicker is I have it plugged into a wall outlet! Is it possible that the battery must have a certain percentage of juice to run or is it shot?

Scales
Unregistered guest
Tech Guy, you seem smart so .. when i turn on my RD1080D it says "Bad or missing lyra sys folder .. but my real problem is that i have nothing installed on my computer like the necassary CD .. also when i trie to delete songs and add new 1s it says somthing like "not allowed non writable disk" PLZ HELP TECH GUY! . Email your answers to me Tech at whiteryno344@hotmail.com because i need answers

Unregistered guest
I have a rd2780 and when i try to turn it on it starts to make it sound ike when a hard drive on a computer is tryning to strart ad there is no picture on the lcd screen and i tried to see if it would charge and work but wont plz do your best to help.

Unregistered guest
I have a LYRA 1080S and it does NOT turn off without me actually taking a battery out. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
Hi there

I have a Lyra 2780 and I want to upgrade at least 40Gb to 80Gb where can I buy one for this item and anywhere cheap not expensive?
Thanks for any help.

Matt

Unregistered guest
Hi there

I have a Lyra 2780 20Gb and I want to upgrade at least 40Gb to 80Gb where can I buy one for this item and anywhere cheap not expensive?
Thanks for any help.

Matt

Unregistered guest
hey guys. need an opinion here. So far, i want this thing but it seems like people are having problems with the battery and system errors a lot. I still want to test it out. IF I'm gettign it, i'm goign to buy a battery for it and do a hardrive upgrade to 80 gb(it's the only thing i can afford or else i would of gone with a bigger size.)

I think this is the site for the battery:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/laptopsforless/rd2780a-bat.html

Please i need an opinion. Should I buy or not buy?

Unregistered guest
Hi there

On Ebay I have found the Hitachi 80GB memory but does it have to be the 4200rpm because the other ones at 7200rpm are cheaper to buy can anybody help me which one is suitable for the Lyra 2780. Here's ebay link
http://search.ebay.co.uk/Hitachi-80GB_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQcatre fZC6QQfltZ9QQsacatZ-1QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ3QQsadisZ200QQfposZP ostcodeQQga10244Z10425QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1

Thanks for any help

Matt

Username: Kazykatz

Help! Problem installing Firmware on RD1021. Everything goes fine until step 9 when my computer searches for new hardware (which it finds) but I NEVER get the "Update Lyra Device" pop up box with current version.

I've uninstalled the program and tried to install the Firmware upgrade 4 times and end up with the same problem everytime. And now the Musicmatch doesn't recognize the portable device at all.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Dplanetar
Unregistered guest
i heard that u can be looking at the main menu and still be listening to music how do u do that?

Unregistered guest
I just spend some money on a Lyra 1028a, And there is not a way to find a source to download ththe plugs-in's is ridiculous. Even the Phone # available in the box take you nowhere. I thing these item (Lyra 1028 ) is a "rip up"). people should be aware and stay away from any RCA music player in the market. Doing business with these people is a lose cause, good luck you all!!!!

Unregistered guest
i cant copy any movies onto my rca lyra bacause they are all copywrite protected. Is there a way to get around this. I cant seem to find a movie that will copy onto it. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my player?

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA Lyra RD1028. I lost the cd needed to add and remove songs to my mp3 player. I have gone to the website for help and they do not have an downloads for the RD1028. Is there anywhere I can get it. without the software my Mp3 is a waste of time and money. Please Help

Unregistered guest
Hello, i own a RCA Lyra 20 GB RD2825A, my computer froze yesterday durring a transaction and now when i start it up it tells me "Bad or missing Lyra_sys folder. Must update the lyda HD system files" but when i plug it in the computer tells me it needs to be re-formated, then computer says it cant be. I have tried the downloads on the RCA website but they cant see that it is pluged in since its not called LYRA anymore, its called Removable Drive. How can i reformat or reinstall my sys folder? i have read the manual pretty deeply and it didnt touch on this issue, also i dont own the original CD that came with the device, where can i find the drivers originally on that CD? please contact me this is extremely important to me, and thank you for your time.

zina
Unregistered guest
i have a rca lyra rd2780 and it doesnt switch on anymore. I was wondering where i could get it fixed and if there is anywhere to get it fixed in the uk?

Senam
Unregistered guest
I won my RCA lyra 2780 from my radio station and it works fine for everything except I wish it would let me browse through the songs while I'm playing them, I keep thinking "why did I waste my money on this crap" but then I remember I got it for free lol, lucky me. All I did was call in to request a song and I won the grand prize. ANYWAY

The problem that I was having is that I was trying to record shows off of my TV, but it didnt work at all. I am like 100% sure that everything was connected and set up properly, but it kept getting the "no signal" thing. Can someone PLEASE take a couple minutes to give me some tips/suggestions? I really want to use this feature! If you can respond here that would be great because I will check back, or if you want to contact me on AIM my screen name is "fabricated lie" Thank you so much.

MW
Unregistered guest
The battery on my lyra 2825 finally died. I bought a replacement Ultralife UBC425085/PCM from Mouser Electronics for around $40. It has the same capacity but is a bit smaller - not a problem. A bit of packing tape keeps it snug.

ZAKHOLY
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A RCA RD2840 AND IT LOADS TO THE MP3PRO SCREEN AND THAN IT STOPS RIGHT THERE SOMEBODY PLZ HELP

donkeylips1
Unregistered guest
i have a 2850 and it will go to the menu screen then go right to the radio....none of the buttons can stop it. It will do this until the battery dies, regardless if i try to turn it off or not...someone please help

Anonymous

i was putting songs and videos on to my rca (rd2780)that was fine, untill i put a video onto it and then it wouldn't start up it just kept coming up as "please reset device after unpugging the usb cable" which i have tried and tried over and over again and i have also tried letting the battery go flat and then charged it back up again and it still wont even let me connect the rca (rd2780) to the computer. Please can you give me some advice.

Anonymous

Well, I guess I don't feel left out anymore after reading so many posts about the same problem I have... "USB Safe Mode"... "Please reset device after unplugging the USB Cable!"
I've tried different ways that have been posted at different forums to solve the problem but still have no solution!!! I'm dealing now with a nice looking and very expensive "external hard drive" now since that's all the use I can give it now. I can 'see' the contents of it and can transfer files to/from it but that's about it! I can't believe I didn't do enough research for this item before I bought it!!! I hope somebody comes up with a solution that will work FOR ALL OF US POOR SOULS!!!

Senam
Unregistered guest
Okay nevermind about my other post... I figured out how to record off the tv. I didn't notice on my VCR that there's input and output... Yeah.

Now my problem is when I go to play the audio, SOMETIMES when I click to play a song, it stalls, acts like its going to play, then goes back to the song list. Sometimes it works. I wanna know why this is happening...

infamous
Unregistered guest
i really would like to get video to work on my 2780. The instruction manual says avi is supported but when I try to view the file it says format not supported. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Unregistered guest
Where the hell is the reset button on an RCA RD1028A Lyra?

Username: Dtw57

St. Augustine, Florida United STates

I jsut recently purchased the lyra jukebox RD2762. I ahve charged it for over 3 hours every day and it will not turn on. Hold is off and i have charged it long enough so please tell em why it won't turn on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us