Sandisk m200, M250 sync message issue

Username: Dthornhill

Post Number: 1
I had an issue with my Sandisk M250 yesterady and search the internet for a way to fix it, but could not find a clear answer. I did get it fixed, so I want to post my issue and fix for anyone else they may need it.

1. My sandisk player locked up during playback. I could not even power it off and had to take the battery out of it.
2. Once the battery was back in and I turned it on, I got a sync notice error message when I tried to play anything.
3. All my music was copied from my personal CDs, so I have not used any online stores. So this message was not the real error.
4. I tried to delete all the songs and place them back on, but when I did that I got this error message from Windows Media.
"a problem has occurred in obtaining the device's secure clock. Contact Microsoft product support".
5. After several hours of messing with it, I gave up and did a format on the device.
After this I was finally able to place my music on the MP3 player and it played.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2901
That's a good idea, however, that 'fix' really isn't as much of a fix as it is a last resort...kind of like having your computer freeze up from a virus, then reformatting the hard drive instead of removing the virus from the registry or scanning with good antivirus.

Username: Dthornhill

Post Number: 3
I agree it is a last resort. But it beats the sandisk support that told me to update my firmware, when I already had the latest version of the firmware.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us