Username: Bobha

Post Number: 20
Hi all,

Anuone has any ideas about this one?

http://www.fixya.com/problems-solutions/t102814,p165388/Koss-KS2503-System.aspx

Koss KS2503 "MSG 04" problem - As soon as I power up

Username: Cryophil

Post Number: 1
I had this problem. Opened it up. Messed around. Figured out that the 5-disc tray was hanging up a little during the initialization.

The issue is that the tray screws into and rotates around a stand-up beam. On the underside of the tray are gear teeth which are spun by a gear on the main unit underneath. The real culprit is the stand-up beam in the very middle. It is too long.

The fix is to first try just tightening the middle black screw holding the tray onto the stand-up beam. If this tightens and MSG 04 goes away, you're done. If it does not tighten at all or much at all, then remove the screw (actually a bolt) and using a razor or sharp blade, scrape the top 1/4 millimeter off the stand-up beam. Apply some grease around the beam and on top.

Note, you may have to remove the tray to do all this. If so, that is the most tricky part. Carefully lift on the tray on the front side as you rotate it. Try to free a disc circle edge over the top of the front DVD cover and free the tray. To re-set the tray, put it on the stand up beam with the front side of the tray slanted up and slowly rotate while setting it in and down.

After re-seating the tray, screw the bolt down but do not tighten all the way. Tighten it enough to allow rotation and enough to rid the msg 04 problem.

I shaved my stand-up beam and have never seen a MSG 04 since.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us