Fat32 format causing storage dissappearing

Username: Duo64

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a no-name mp3 player which has 8gigs storage and i have recently formatted it using fat32. It seems that after reading the manual I realized that I was supposed to use fat, and now the storage cannot be seen when connected to my computer through USB. Does anybody happen to have some sort of program that can see this invisible storage somehow? or know a good way to manual format either through the mp3 player (again its a noname so any suggestions would be nice) or through windows/USB. Thanks.

Username: Asdfqwerty

Post Number: 3
When you connect via your USB, do you at least see the drive letter? If so, you can try the following:
1) convert to FAT: CONVERT Z: /FS:FAT
2) re-format as FAT: FORMAT Z: /FS:FAT
where Z: is the drive letter of your player when connected to your computer

The first (if it works) would be better than the second, because then you wouldn't lose what you already have on the drive.

Post Number: 2
thats the thing, i dont see it at all, even on my computer....whats surprising is that i see a 100mb storage (it was there originally with the 8gb) and once i formatted that with fat/fat32, it didnt dissappear and i could put songs on it and my player could see it....but i want my 8gbs.....

Post Number: 3
anybody else have any suggestions?

Username: Billy_the_owner

Post Number: 1
god damn it, i have the excact same problem
I have a mp3 128mb (small, i know) and one day, i did like, a virus check, and it found something on the mp3 (probably a dodgy song with a virus on it, due to my illegal downloading >_>) and i got this text file on there, so i deleted it, thinkin if i get rid of it, it will go away, but then everything i had on it dissappeared, but i looked on the properties and the space is still filled with the songs i have on there, but theres no way to access them...

somebody explained to me that u need to convert the FAT format to a FAT 32 format, and it will restore the data, but where the hell will i find a FAT 32 system? answer:
find somebody with a mp3 with a FAT 32 system and copy data accross somehow, then the mp3 with the FAT format shod restore its self, givin back ur 8gb memory. I havent tried this yet, cause i just got rid of my mp3, but i herd from other people that it works, so thats you best chance for now...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us