HaifaISRAEL

Post Number: 3
Need help!
How to unlock portable PDV-0713B

Alex Fischman

Username: Scooterkrazymn

MN USA

Post Number: 1
What do you mean by unlock? If it will not read the disc, try this: On the right side there is a "AV" switch, make sure it is in the "out" position. Otherwise call Polariod for help. They are very helpful:-)

The problem I am having is that with every movie the subtitles come up> I have gone in the setup button and chaned it to off, but I have to go into the menu on EVERY movie and shut off subtitles or we are wathcing words throughout the entire movie!. Polariod says this is a defect but because I am not the origional to bad for me unless I want to spend $95 for an even exchange. Heck I just bought it yesterday at Pawn America for $80. I'll just have to live with it this way or return it.

Username: Afish

HaifaISRAEL

Post Number: 4
Tammie, thank you.
Try this sequence to make your Polaroid PDV-0713 region free:
Note: You need to buy the remote control from POLAROID (~20USD) in order to do the job!

1. Turn on the unit on having the cover open.
2. Press "Set-Up" button and advance to the far right-hand tab "Preferences".
3. Using the remote control, Enter the follow code: 1379.
4. Choose the desire region: 1-6 or 9 (some dvd's don't show "9" so choose "0") for all regions
5. Once the region is chosen, press enter.
Hope that I help some guys out there...

Alex

Username: Scooterkrazymn

MN USA

Post Number: 2
Hi Alex,
I ordered the remote last Friday. When it gets here I will try your sugestion and let ya know if it works.

Did my suggestion help you? Other wise if you can tell me exactly what is wrong I will call Polaroid for you since you are out of the country, then e-mail you with what they tell me. Or, have you tried to e-mail them for help? If you go to their website I belive there was a link for customer service. Let me know if you need help.

Tammie

Username: Afish

HaifaISRAEL

Post Number: 5
I was in Miami two months ago and I talked to POLAROID support, I asked how I can change the region 1 (USA) to 2 (Europe & Middle east) and they suggested to do a search in the INTERNET, so I did that and found the receipt I wrote in order to unlock the region code and make the player international.
It works great! so you can do that too.
The only issue is that you need the remote control to do the job.
Good luck,

Alex
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us