Ipod mini problem [Please help]

Username: Kiok

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone im new to board and i would like to share with you the problem im facing with the mini. Yesterday my friend gave me his ipodmini with all the cables except the cd rom. There are many problems that i am facing for example Itunes doesnt reconinze the ipod and doesnt show up in the source menu. What i did was first place the ipod in the usb port. AND i made sure that i meet all the system requirments. Window's detected it and was able to tell it was an ipod mini. Since i didnt have the cd rom i download the ipod updater 2006-01-10 it took a long time for it to finish the Intalzing... After it was done it came to this:

Upload

i was wondering why i didnt say anything about the ipodmini in the name. So i choose the restore option. It worked and then asked to to put it in the charger. i did and after it was finished i plugged it back into my computer. Nothing seemed to happened i opened itunes and nothing came up with Ipod mini in the soruce list. Then something came up saying The ipod needs to be formatted to Windows i was wandering why this was happening since im not sure what could be possible going wrong? And I choose to reformat it and the ipod updater came up again. After it was done it came back to the image look up to see it. I told my friend the next day to see if there was anything wrong with the ipod and he said no it was working perfectly when he gave it to me he said only thing he did was to wipe it(restore it). He told i had to go to itunes plug the ipod in and it should work. I tryed that and nothing happened.

Please someone help me i really want to get this thing working!

These are the things i did.

1.) called apple retail store and told me that i should go to the store and schelede an appointment.

2.) I have tryed putting the usb cable in a diffrent usb port and the same thing happened.

3.) rested it many times and same result happened one time i got an error saying cannot mount ipod.

SomeQuestions:

1.) Is it possible i cant get the ipod working with out the cd? Cause i didnt have it and im wondering that could be the case. Or Where can i go to download the cd that came with it.

2.) What should i do next?

Please someone help i was up 11:00pm trying to fix the problem and wasnt not sucessfull.

Thanks,
Kiok

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2699
Yeah, you absolutely need the CD for it to work. Good luck with the iPod store appointment. They might be able to provide better help...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us