IPod mini 4G capacity

Username: Nerpel

Post Number: 1
Can somebody who is familiar with the ipod mini help me out?

I only have about 100 songs on my 4g mini so far, ranging in length from about 2 to 5.5 minutes, however when i try to add more songs, iTunes tells me that there isn't enough room, that I've used 3.66GB of my alotted 4GB. I would imagine that I should have enough room for many more songs... what am I doing wrong?

Mark 1
Unregistered guest
Anne, It depends on the quality you recorded the songs at in Itunes. For example Lossless uses maybe 30mb - 40mb per song - so 100 songs = 4GB would be about right.

Post Number: 2
ok, thank you mark 1. Now here's part II. Last night i removed ALL of the songs from my mini, thought i would start from a clean slate- however, when i checked, it said that i have 3.19GB used and only 587.2MB free. What in the world is being stored on there that is not music that would take up almost all of the space?

Mark 1
Unregistered guest
Not sure; If you haven't done already, try a Reset, that should make sure it's cleaned out.
Failing that, I'm out of ideas.

Post Number: 3
can you explain to me how to do a reset?

Mark 1
Unregistered guest
Best if you follow the manual. You can get one from http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/ipod/ -look under Update and Restore (not Reset, that's a Nano term, sorry)
Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us