HDD Access Error (Logik 3.3GB Player).

WillMaxwell
Unregistered guest
There is a thread about this player already but its rammed full of different problems, I thought starting a new topic about this one problem would be more beneficial.

I got a Logik 3.3GB MP3 player for Christmas. It has worked fine on my computer (Windows 98SE) and my girlfriends (Windows XP) computer. I've also encounted no problems with it until Saturday, when I turned it on and it says "HDD Access Error", and turns off.

Now, reading the manual, it states

"If bad sectors are generated in the HDD due to physical impact or other causes, the player will not working normally (there grammar not mine!). Please use the scan disk program in the Windows operating system to fix the error".

Well - that doesn't work. The player is no longer recognised as a hard disk, it doesn't show up on My Computer anymore and is not recognised by the computer anywhere.

It was my main christmas present and one I've very much liked until now so I'm desperate to fix it. I'm also going on my travels shortly, which is the reason I wanted an MP3 player, so I need to fix it pretty sharpish.

I've tried e-mail Sigmatel, who apparantly make these things, but as yet have got no response after 3 days.

If anyone could offer any advice i'd greatly appreciate it. Either reply to this thread or e-mail me at willmaxwell@hotmail.co.uk.

I've seen a few other people have had this problem so you could be helping out quite a few people!

Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us