Archive through December 14, 2005

Unregistered guest
BRIEFLY,
1.) 20 GB IPOD BLINKS "DO NOT DISCONNECT" AND MAKES THE TWO BEEPS WHEN PLUGGED IN USB PORT, BUT IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY ITUNES.
2.) SAME IPOD SKIPS OVER SONGS THAT USED TO PLAY THAT ARE ON IPOD.
WTF OVER!
P.S.-VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOU GUYS THAT TAKE THE TIME TO RESPOND TO THESE AND GET NOT ALOT OF THANKS. WELL I COMMEND YOU FOR WHAT EVER THATS WORTH.THANKS.

Anonymous

Hello.i need help with my ipod mini ,i want to know how i download songs from limewire onto my ipod please help.ta!

I am not happy at all plz help now
Unregistered guest
hello!!!!! i have been trying to reach someone on this website for 2 months and i get no response!!!! what the hell?

help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my ipod music store does not work
it says the connection has failed everytimei try to go onto it
this has been happening for about 2 months now

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2076
How have you been trying to 'reach' us?

And why are you using iTunes? Get Rhapsody or Napster...

Unregistered guest
Hi. I got an iPod Mini, and when I got to the stage of installation where it checks to see if it needs formatting, it said that I should update it. However, in the window that pops up after that, the update button is shaded out so you can't click it, and it says all the software is up to date.

I proceeded without connecting, as this was the only way. When I got to the iTunes part, it said that a later version was already present on the computer, and so installation of iTunes could not proceed.

Wondering if this was the problem, and thankful I had backups of all my songs, I deleted iTunes, and re-installed it from the CD.

I inserted the iPod, but the computer doesn't register it. It charges, like it's supposed to, and in the About section of the iPod it says it's formatted to Windows. Any idea what's going on? Help would be much appreciated.

Alexi Lupin
Unregistered guest
OK. Never mind. Problem solved.

Joe_Derry
Unregistered guest
HELLO.I need help with my ipod mini,I want to know how i DOWNLOAD SONGS from LIMEWIRE onto my IPOD.THANKS

Unregistered guest
On my I-Pod I've got a few "On the Go" playlists which I want to delete. But the option of "Clear Playlist/Save Playlsit" isn't there on any of them. I cannot get the playlists displayed on I-Tunes either. Help...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2108
Ouch, I don't know what to say if it isn't appearing on iTunes other than this: Try resetting the unit, if that doesn't work, reformatting might be your only option...

Username: Aimee

Post Number: 1
My ipod is showing an icn that has an exclamation mark inside of a triangle. I dont' know what to do because I have even went to websites that tells you what to do when you see this icon and it did not change it. I've tried restarting, re-downloading and everything... please help!!!

nmnm.m.m b
Unregistered guest
this site is the biggest joke!! all it is is peeps sayin wots wrong wit eir ipods nd n no1s answerin them....... wot a wasste of time.

Unregistered guest
i have been posting forever and had had no response anyways yes i have itunes and i am not switching i need help though i go to music store and it says "itunes could not connect to the music store make sure your network connection is active and try again well my connection is fine so i ont no what to do i have been trying to fix this problem forever! it has been going on for more than 3 months now, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
i have been posting forever and had had no response anyways yes i have itunes and i am not switching i need help though i go to music store and it says "itunes could not connect to the music store make sure your network connection is active and try again well my connection is fine so i ont no what to do i have been trying to fix this problem forever! it has been going on for more than 3 months now, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
My promlem is that lately when I plug my 20 GB ipod into itunes to update it, itunes goes through the "updating ipod" process, sometimes updating a few, or most of my 2000 songs. One time my ipod lost about 3/4 of its songs for no apparent reason and it has to go through the whole hassle to update it. The problem started (apparently) after I downloaded a new version of itunes. Should have stayed with the original itunes. Anyone have any ideas?

Coco Davis
Unregistered guest
mr. im not happy... i have no idea if it used to work, but my store doesnt work either. What the problem is, is your computer is too slow.

For all the people trying to get songs from limewire onto itunes,
i managed to get songs from one item that shouldnt have worked to my itunes... try closing all windows... well, internet should be fine too but... anyways... open limewire, and then open itunes. It should have one of those time clock thingies where the cursor goes that usually means wait. after that goes away, then it should be on.

My problem is,

my ipod was working perfectly, then I added more songs to Itunes one morning, and plugged my ipod in. The ipod will charge, yet it will not add the new songs.

coco davis
Unregistered guest
what i mean by computer is too slow... is your internet... what do you have for internet service?

Username: Coco_davis

also, the ipod nano is known to be bad... the screen is cracking, and it is freezing... bringit back to where you got it froml and they should give you an exchange.

Post Number: 2
meep... no answers...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2183
Indeed, the Nano was rushed into production.

Post Number: 3
Jexx... do you have any advice for coco?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2196
Coco probably has the option turned off which automatically updates the iPod...

Other than that I believe everyone should read this before making posts pertaining to error symbols and intermittant/bizarre problems of the iPod, Creeg's made an excellent post:

quote:

1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generations
Reboot iPod: Hold down the menu and play buttons.
Disk Mode: Hold down the rewind and fast forward buttons after a reboot.
Diagnostic Mode: Hold Rewind, Fast Forward, and Select buttons after a reboot.

Mini, 4th, and Photo Generations
Reboot iPod: Hold down the menu and select buttons.
Disk Mode: Hold down the select and play buttons after a reboot.
Diagnostic Mode: Hold Rewind and Select buttons after a reboot.

If this guide doesn't fix your problem then its probably unfixable. Start off by trying to reboot your ipod. That should fix your ipod if its frozen or stuck on do not disconect or OK to disconnect. If that doesn't fix the problem then download the newest update utility from apple and install it (because as soon as you get your ipod to connect to your computer you need to restore it.) Now plug in your connector to the ipod and your computer and then restart your ipod. If it restarts press the "disk mode" combination before the apple logo appears and hold them down. If your ipod won't reboot then try holding the disk mode combo in whatever state your ipod is in. Hopefully your ipod will have now mounted on your computer, use the restore utility on your ipod. Now restart your ipod again and press and hold the "diagnostic mode" combo before the apple logo appears until your ipod goes into a weird looking screen. You now have to use the fastforward and rewind buttons to navigate through the screen. Do both memory tests and then do all the IO tests as well. If your ipod fails any of these tests then you have a hardware problem and you have to get your ipod serviced. If all goes well though then just press menu a couple times and then go to reset.

I hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
I have been posting forever and get no response. i AM dissapointed in this website i thought i would get actual help. And jexx, you answered me once and gave me no help, i posted more and got no response. Dont u ppl follow up on your stories to make sure everyone is ok? anyways yes i have itunes and i am not switching i need help though i go to music store and it says "itunes could not connect to the music store, make sure your network connection is active and try again well my connection is fine so i dont no what to do i have been trying to fix this problem forever! it has been going on for more than 3 in a half months now, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2206
What version of iTunes do you have? You might need to just reinstall it anyway.

It might even be linked to a virus problem.

Unregistered guest
finally! i got my ipod in like july, ok? and in august it asked me to install the new version and i did. ok? the music store was fine untill about late august it keeps saying, once i click on Music Store, "make sure your network connection is active and try again". I am getting very mad after not being able to buy any more music! this is one of the main purposes of the ipod right? so why wont it work? please help!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2210
Strange. Sometimes when you update, it stops working...I've had that happen before and I just reinstalled iTunes from the version that came on the install CD when i bought the iPod.

Unregistered guest
u no what i just did? i went to itunes.com downloaded this itunes version6 and now it has wiped out my whole entire old itunes and there is no new one i spent like 60 dollars on purchased music and everything and now when lick on the icon on the desktop nothing comes up this is driving me crazy help me i am crying my eyes out for what i just did will i ever get my music back? help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2211
Your music should be saved in a folder within your computer. Have you tried clicking the iTunes icon in the Start menu?

Post Number: 4
ya, its mentioned around that version 6.0 of itunes is messed up and its doin that... they're working on making another one that wont do that, but for now, thats all we got... just btw, dont install it, and try to find back up information on it. That is why it is a good idea to have it saved on disc.

Post Number: 5
and btw, you may need to check ur internet, or get a faster connection or sumthin

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4231
Try apple.com's tech support.

Unregistered guest
ok, hi, i got an ipod 30gb, and it froze up, it worked for a second, then froze, i checked manual, to try and reset it, it wont work, its conpletely froze, i put my ear up to it, and its doing some sort of clicking, if u could email me with waht to do, that would be great, thanks, Jordan
my email is
The_enemy_within@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
just last night i downloded songs then put them on my ipod then tonight i pluged it into the computer and it said it was charging but it didnt register in the computer that it was connected, so it says its not pluged in but it is so now i cant put the new songs i just got on them and im going on a trip tomarrow morning.

Post Number: 6
well, it could be the connection cable has gone bad... this is the same thing that is wrong with mine, so be not afraid, you are not alone.

Bubbles
Unregistered guest
OK, I really need help

I accidently deleted all of my songs off my iPod Nano, but they are still in my library. When I plug my iPod into mi computer, i go to file, and then click on update ipod, it says that it is downloading all mi music on mi ipod, but there is still no music, I have pictures, but mi music wont come on!!!

HELP PLEASE

Thank You!!!!

Post Number: 7
sorry, bubbles, i have no knowlege on how to fix nano's, but how did you delete your songs with them staying on your library? did you like hook it up to someone else's computer?

Bubbles
Unregistered guest
Coco Davis- yeah i did, i have a computer that doesn't have internet in my room, and i have been hooking my iPod up to another computer to get music online...oops!!! How do I get the music back on???

Please Help!!

Alexwolfe
Unregistered guest
Hi everybody, I had my hard drive go out and lost my music library, but I still have my songs on my 20Gig ipod. How can I transfer the songs to my new computer? As soon as I plug it in, it will delete everything because there is no music in my new itunes library. thanks. Alex.

Post Number: 8
eesh... umm, well, perhaps your connection cable thingy may have broke, but thats my only guess... thats whats wrong with mine. It would let you charge, but it wont let you update your music.

for alex, I have no idea. Itunes tries to make sure friends wont steal music by buying it on one computer and transfering to another, yet you cannot transfer it to a new computer, so there are bugs in their system, still...

CD

Bubbles
Unregistered guest
CD,
omg i need help sooo bad!!!!
I have music in my iTunes library, but it says mi file is all screwed up!! What file should it be in??

HEWLP PLEASEEEE

Mr_Retardo
Unregistered guest
i need help. i just got a new computer and my old songs are on my ipod. i want to know if i can add new songs onto my ipod without replacing everything. any help would be nice. thank you!!!

Alexwolfe
Unregistered guest
Thanks, Coco. Looks like i'm just out of luck on this one. I will have to start my collection over.Thanks for the response though. if anybody else has any advise I would be happy to hear it.

Unregistered guest
how do i put my limewire music onto my ipod

Evan's gf, XOXO
Unregistered guest
Ok, i screwed up mi ipod...i plugged it into another computer...now it wont transfer music on my computer...i lost all of my music, but its still in my music library. Whenever i click transfer, it wont work
what can i do???

PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE HELP!!!
<3 Evan's gf, XOXO

Post Number: 9
Bubbles, I don't understand what you mean when you say your file's all screwed up. I need more info to get a proper analysis. Umm, from what your telling me though, you cant fix you rproblem by pressing a few buttons. You may want a proffesional to help you out.

Mr. Retardo, once more, Itunes tries to make it so you can't transfer your music to a friend's computer. One thing you may be able to do, and for you too Alex, is to try and save what you have on your old comuter on a disk, and insert the disc into your new comuter. I am not sure that will work though.

Yaghjian, you need to close Itunes, open Limewire, and open Itunes. It may work, it may not work. Since Limewire is free, Itunes may not let you do it, because I know it wont let you transfer from Kazaa either.

Evan's gf, you may have broke your cable you connect it to, or sumthing simple like that. If it makes a whirring like sound, you may have also damaged your hard drive.

CD

Post Number: 10
Uh, never mind Alex, I forgot you fried your Hard Drive... whoops!

Unregistered guest
Does anybody know how to transfer songs from your iPod onto a different computer?
When I go to My Computer and open up the Ipod icon there are 4 folders, but none of them say "Songs".
If anybody knows how to do it can you please email me at 'sethmsk88@yahoo.com'

Unregistered guest
We had a virus a couple of months back and we were not able to save our playlists on our IPOD list. I have re downloaded the IPOD software. Is there any way to move the songs from my IPOD shuffle to my computer?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
you cant transfer songs from your ipod onto another computer, or you wil wipe out what you have on your ipod. This is once more to prevent people from stealing music. You may not fix it, it is a litle bug in the itunes system.

Unregistered guest
i have a 30GB ipod photo its like 6 moths old, in perfect condition(i never drop it), i was using it normally when suddenly songs and artwork began to skip and the apple logo on a black background appeared on the screen, i reset it and a folder with a !!! appears. i plug it into my computer and a battery appears,i reset it again. then a colorless DO NOT DISCONNECT sign appears and on top right corner it looks like the battery is charging and the hold switch indicator works. i leave it there for about 2 hours and nothing happen. then i unplug the ipod from the pc and the apple logo goes back on. WHAT CAN I DO? DO I NEED A BATTERY REPLACEMNT??

teather
Unregistered guest
i need help guys, do you need a dock when you buy an ipod video?

Username: Reaper199

whenever i go to recharge my 30gb ipod it charges but after itunes shows up, it stops showing the charge icon. after about 1 min of leaving it there though, the ipod just turns off. i also turned this ipod in for a new one because the battery meter was off a lot. but now my new ipod does the same, help i wanna recharge it!

help please
Unregistered guest
hi
i have been downlaoding music on to my ipod mini. everytime i download new music on to my ipod, the old msuic does not update on to it. when i go into itunes, i see that the ones that are not on my ipod, have an ! infront of it.
what do i do????

Username: Brinny

my friend downloaded all of her songs onto my ipod. and got rid of all of mine. how do i keep ALL of the songs on the ipod.

Unregistered guest
HI!I just bought a 30 gig. iPod and i dont know how to put videos/movies on it. Can anyone help? Do i need to convert the file types? Can the iPod actually play MOVIES or just short clips? thanks! (jeffrey.velasquez@gmail.com)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2305
The best advice I can give is to read the manual.

Unregistered guest
Hi, yeah it says you can, but it doesnt say which file types i would need to covert it to, or how, or with what program. can anyone help`?

willywonka
Unregistered guest
how do you change your ipod back from "disk mode"

Unregistered guest
I have an I Pod mini that was working fine on my old computer(windows). We got a new one, and I followed the Apple directions to transfer music by using the I pod as a hard drive. When I transferred my music, it looked great at first, but now an icon comes up that says the file can't be found. How can I play the music on my computer or find the file?

Unregistered guest
Can ANYONE help me put DVDS (not copied) into my iPod? I have Quicktime pro with the MPEG-2 upgrade. Do I need another program to put the DVDs on my computer, and then transfer them to the iPod? PLEASE HELP!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2313
Hayley J: Likely a bad hard drive.

mer0vingian: The software itself should convert to a format you can use on your iPod. Buit it might be limited to what formats it can convert. Getting DVD's onto your iPod might not be possible unless you're a hard core hacker-I say this because Apple has overly strict parameters on copyrighted media...to be honest I have not worked with video formats exclusively for the iPod photo.

Chandra
Unregistered guest
This is gonna be long, so thanks in advance for reading =)
A friend of mine recently gave me her 40gig iPod and I'm having problems. I'll explain this first - I have a 6gig 2nd gen Mini that I've been using on my computer since March. A little over a week ago, iTunes stopped recognizing it. When I plugged it in, a box popped up in iTunes saying something about updating or re-installing my software. I didn't re-install & couldn't successfully update.
Back to the 40gig - Got it a week ago. I installed the newest version of iTunes Wednesday, I've been charging/updating/playing the iPod, no problem. A few hours ago, the screen and sound froze, unfroze 10 seconds later, I pressed pause a billion times because I turned it up while it was frozen. I finally thought to reset it, got the Folder! when it went back on.
I plugged it in, I started having the same problems I did with the Mini, & the updater told me it 'could not mount' or something. And now it's making whirry-clicky noises, so I'm assuming it may just be something with the hard drive and I just rambled for nothing? But I thought I might ask since I had the same problems iTunes-wise with the Mini, or could there be a problem from being on a different computer?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, any help would be great =)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2317

quote:

And now it's making whirry-clicky noises

Bad hard drive. They can be found on ebay every once in a while, but the 40 gig versions go for $100+

At this point you might try using your mini again...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2318
*The hard drive itself, not the whole iPod, sells for $100+

Had to make that clear-I'd edit my post but that takes too long and often times freezes up somewhere.

Chandra
Unregistered guest
Boo, I was afraid of that. Yeah, I'll probably get back to the Mini, I'll just miss having all my music in one place at one time.
Thanks so much =)

~Mary J..::..
Unregistered guest
Hey I got my Ipod Mini back from the factory today and they fully restored it and evrything so it's like brand new. So I Plugged it into the computer and it didn't open i-tunes to load on the songs. So I went to the start menu and opened it from there, and the options where it says UPDATE or RESTORE the Update button is barred so i cant click onto it. I tried restarting my computer but nothing happens. All that my Ipod does is when i plug it in is charge. Please Help!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
That is what is wrong with mine. Perhaps the cord is messed up, but I havent figured how to fix mine yet. My aopligies on not helping very much.

~CD~

Username: Tommygun

Bay, Ark Usa

hello i am trying to do this for a freind i have itones and limewire and everthing got like 7000 songs got all the stuff for it all but i dont know how to put the damn songs on the ipod any one can answer this i just dont know how to do it ... please reply

Username: Scott1

Denmark

is your problem that you can't put the songs from limewire on itunes, or you can, but can't transfer to your ipod?

Bay, Ark Usa

cant transfer to the ipod... i got the music on itunes dont know how to work itunes that well or now how to get them on to the ipod

Unregistered guest
hi! I finally got whole DVDs on my iPod 30 gig, BUT it doesnt play the audio!!! ahhhh! I coverted the DVD to AVI, and then to MPEG-4. I also tried from AVI to an automatic iPod format quicktime provides. anyone know what could be wrong? I use DVDx 2.3 to convert the DVD, and quicktime to convert to iPod. Thanks!

Bay, Ark Usa

does any one know how to help me out i need to know befor 12-25-05 u know lol so please help me

Unregistered guest
my computer won't allow me to download songs onto my ipod it says "unable to add clips, unsupported media type" how do i fix this

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2327
Tom: You need to add files first to iTunes (to the library). Then click and drag them to a playlist in the left sidebar. Go to preferences and tick the box next to the list you want downloaded(updated) to the iPod. Then click Update 'yourname's' iPod in the menu.

Bigbite: You need to convert the media into a format iTunes will recognize. That will most likely require an external program if iTunes will not convert it for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Ya, I just found out how to properly do it today, but you do need to go to file, then add file to library, and sumthing about it will come up in a separate folder. I just finished installing Limewire, and im gonna try to use it, cause i heard it doesnt screw up your computer like Kazaa does. ;-P

Unregistered guest
this is a really silly question. but i was just wondering...can music from limewire be put into music from iPod Nanos? because i saw my friends and it has the picture of the album next to the song on her screen. and i'm getting one for christmas but i dont want to screw up my iPod. so does music from limewire work on iPod nanos or will it just screw it up?

Unregistered guest
my ipod mini froze, so i restarted it, the it froze on the restart screen. If i hold down the buttons to restart again, the screen goes blank for a second, the back to the restart screen. what dio I do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
it should work... but im confused... i downloaded limewire, and have a couple of songs... and how exactly do you get it on itunes? Cause like, y'know how the music store icon is a green square with an eighth note in it? The icon for the Limewire library has a blus square with an eighth note in it. But the songs aren't in my library... How do you get it in the library?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
no idea... possibly the hard drive went bad...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2330
You have to go to 'add files' in the first drop down menu in iTunes.

Unregistered guest
Okay some one please help me! I've been okay to my little Ipod mini. But i would charge it for the entire night even if the battery wasnt completly gone. My friend told me thats that what screwed it up.

HERES MY PROBLEM:
I tired to charge my ipod one day after it only working for just a little under two hours. Insteed of the usually 18. Anyways i charged it walked away and came back when i wanted it again. the thing hadnt charged at all it still had the little icon up. Then i tried to turn it on and the little Apple icon came up i thought that was a good thing but i was wrong the next thing that showed up was a little folder with a X next to it. I have no idea what that means???? and my ipod wont charage

If anyone can help i would be so greatful. Please email me loud_shortstack99@yahoo.com

Thank you
Ria

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
right, but what file do you locate?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Hey, Jexx, i found a way around it. I'm going on the search on the start menu, goint to music, movies, and something else (that file) and im clicking on music, then putting a word in each song and right clicking to the open, wait for a second, till it gives you programs you can open it with; my computer has options of windows media player, itunes, or limewire, and click itunes, and it automatically goes into the library. Its a cheatish way, but it works!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2333
That's pretty smart, actually. That way you don't have to browse for the file through iTunes (something I personally hate). I might do that as well!

Unregistered guest
Whenver i turn on my ipod it makes a strange whirring sound that scared the hell out of me. Reset it, nothing happened. Waited a day, nothing. Does anyone know what it is? Thinking about opening it up... Thoughts greatly appreciated cause i don't want to lose my baby

philly b
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me?

i had an ipod photo, then i picked up the ipod video from a friend and i wanna keep his data on there, but i also wanna upload all my music.. is there a way to do that without losing either of our files?

Unregistered guest
i have an ipod mini... and my friend just gave me a burned cd with songs from limewire. so i uploaded all of the songs on it. one day i was listening to it with half battery left and the battery just drained out. then today i was scrolling through songs and it froze. i tried charging it but nothing happens. the light stays on and everything. please help me! thanks!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2336

quote:

Whenver i turn on my ipod it makes a strange whirring sound that scared the hell out of me. Reset it, nothing happened. Waited a day, nothing. Does anyone know what it is? Thinking about opening it up... Thoughts greatly appreciated cause i don't want to lose my baby

Bad hard drive.

quote:

can anyone help me?

i had an ipod photo, then i picked up the ipod video from a friend and i wanna keep his data on there, but i also wanna upload all my music.. is there a way to do that without losing either of our files?

You have to enable it as a hard disk so you can see the seperate files as you would a flash based USB drive. You'll have to Google it for specifics.

quote:

i have an ipod mini... and my friend just gave me a burned cd with songs from limewire. so i uploaded all of the songs on it. one day i was listening to it with half battery left and the battery just drained out. then today i was scrolling through songs and it froze. i tried charging it but nothing happens. the light stays on and everything. please help me! thanks!

Bad battery most likely. The battery needs to be used until it is almost dead on a constant basis, or pieces of it will crystalize. Do not charge it when it gets to half way frequently. Since it was left to follow the latter, the battery needs to be replaced. But for now you can just try resetting it (hold down the center button and play button until it resets). If that doesn't work, new batteries are about 13-20$ on ebay with an instruction manual and appropriate tools.

Unregistered guest
hey Jexx, you seem to be the resident smarty around here. anyway, i hate being ignorant but wut does "bad hard drive" imply

also, i have had this pod for almost 2.5 years and never any problems. i'm pretty sure i didnt drop it either. again, thoughts appreciated

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2337
It means the hard drive has finally gone bad on you...I'm stunned that it lasted that long, really. I have seen people that treat their iPod like their own baby (minus the spankin gs) and have the hard drive die within a year and a half-mostly due to minor shocks, even jogging can do damage and Apple does not reccomend it.

Unregistered guest
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

i dont actually physically have most of my music, stole it from neighbor and he lost all of it in a massive system crash. i really hope your playing a joke on me because if your not ill have to like kill myself, lol. if you're not jking, is there ANY WAY to recover the data?

also, to clarify, i can still play music and i can hear it normally through the playback system jus there is the interal whirring that is quite annoying when the player is near my ears.
should i take it to apple or someone tech savvy?

Also, if someone could do realtime help over AIM or Xfire i would certainly accomodate, and could include username in next post

Username: Tunasalad

California US

Just registered cause this is a cool forum

Can someone answer my last post that is a reply to Jexx's previous post

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2340
The whirring sound is the sound of a bad hard drive...if you can still connect it to the computer you can try uploading the files on it back to your computer, this link explains it well: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-co mputer/

Regrettably, I only have MSN and Y!M.

California US

hey great link jus dled podutil but it looks like i will have to click on all 1000 of my songs, is that right?

California US

lol

im a noob

jus figured out about "Select All"

Username: Sexxy666

how do you put music on your i pod and put it back onto your libary, cause i have deleted my libary and i want the music back on it off my i pod. Help!

Username: Sexxy666

hi when you have the answer to the question above can you conatct me on chris4yourmum@hotmail.com

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2342

quote:

how do you put music on your i pod and put it back onto your libary, cause i have deleted my libary and i want the music back on it off my i pod. Help!

That's been answered: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-co mputer/
Please read through the entire thread before asking questions. Thanks.

California US

hey

jus here to let u guys know that PODUTIL officially sucks

if youve read the thread and need to put music off your ipod back to the compy, try one of the other freeware agents

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2347
Good to see it worked.

California US

Post Number: 5
any more suggestions about downloading programs?

since... podutil suxors
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us