Archive through May 26, 2005

Username: Jonbenken

North Bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Yo "eep"
I have just fixed my problem....although it was difficult, what i did was open it up(i had to use those small screw drivers which were the wrong type) then carefully disassemble it-take out the hard drive-detach the motherboard and knobs- then carefully pull the board out of the housing and with a soldering iron re-solder the headphone jack back into place.........if you try this be careful of the display ribbon and removing the board(be delicate when prying it out) but it does work
also there was only one contact holding my jack in place so don't push it to one side anymore

good luck and post back if you try it or need some help....i am a computer technician and have had some experience with this sort of thing

Anonymous

Hey my lyra is soo messed wen i turn it on it goes to the usb screen and i cant get to menu i tried unpluging it pluging it back in safelty removing device on com deleting everything and loading back all the updates but it still stays on that 1 screen can u help me?
please email me at kuya_pinoy2000@hotmail.com

Anonymous

thanks john, i'll try it. even if i break something, i'd rather have it broken then listen to music thats all crappy. i'll take the chance i'll post back if it worked or if i have any question,

Anonymous

thanks john, i'll try it. even if i break something, i'd rather have it broken then listen to music thats all crappy. i'll take the chance i'll post back if it worked or if i have any question,

eep
Unregistered guest
hey John Ken, i took the hard-drive out, and i'm trying to take the motherboard out, but i can't. i don't want to break it, the corner where the headphone jack is, its stuck. Do you know what i can do to take it out?

Unregistered guest
Hi guy,

I have the RCA2780. After a firmware upgrade, the loading page is blocked on the 2 first dot with the message : "please wait while loading .."
I tried to format and reinstall different versions, but nothing changed ....
It's a pitty because I can't use it anymore.
But if I connect it on my computer with USB cable and power on, I can copy some files on it.

Any idea whould be welcome...

Post Number: 3
Hey 'fab'----(eep hope you got my email)

When that happens with mine it's ususally low on power but i don't think that's the case...you might try to hit the reset button, located on the bottom of the player, with a pin or try to re-install the upgrade again

best o luck

niconico
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to delete songs or files off the lyra

eep
Unregistered guest
hey John Ken, no i didn't get your email, my email address is eep11@msn.com, So do you know how to take the motherboard out easily?

Post Number: 4
re: niconico

to delete songs or files you must be hooked up to to your computer, usb connection.....do it through windows explorer(easiest-browse to files and delete) or musicmatch software for songs

Unregistered guest
just wondering if anyone knows how to use the lyra as an external monitor for like a ps2 or something, i have all the cables and can use it while the lyra is in record mode but part of the picture is cut of at the top and off course it is recording which takes up drive space

niconico
Unregistered guest
does anybody else have a battery life problem, i cant play videos without the power supply plugged in. does anyone know what to do

Anonymous

niconico---look on this page for your answer

computerkid612
Unregistered guest
just wondering if anyone knows how to use the lyra as an external monitor for like a ps2 or something, i have all the cables and can use it while the lyra is in record mode but part of the picture is cut of at the top and off course it is recording which takes up drive space

whishkah
Unregistered guest
[URL=http://www.get-stuff-free.com/index.php?referrer=14778][IMG]http://www.get-stuff-free.com/images/banners/468x68-1.gif[/IMG][/URL]

shopguy
Unregistered guest
I just got my 2780 back from the company that refurbished it. I origianly sent it back because the battery would only last about 1.5 hrs listening to music. I am seriously considering putting it back up for sale on e-bay and getting a PSP to listen to music and watch movies with the added bonus of playing games too. What's the pros and cons of this plan?

Unregistered guest
HEY.

Somebody knows where can i buy the AV/in AV/out cables for my rd2780, i loose it and i don`t have any idea in which internet page can i buy it. Please Help me.

Thanks

mox
Unregistered guest
When I'm in the middle of playing a song and i want to go back to my list of artists I have to go back to the main menu and then shuffle through all the folders to find my place in the list again. Is there any way of avoiding this and go straight back to my place in the list of artists?

jonny123
Unregistered guest
hi i have a RCA Lyra RD2780 and when i play videos they are fine but the mouth is moving at a diffrent time to the sound can you help me

Madelyn
Unregistered guest
Hello! After doing a web search I stumbled across this forum and really hope someone can help me.

Last July I bought a refurbished RCA Lyra RD2840. In the last few months I've noticed that it hasn't profiled the music properly. Some artists don't show up at all, some albums have about half the tracks missing, it will not recognize any new music added, and if I change the genre or anything else like it on my computer those changes do not show up on the player. When I run the Profiler on the player, it stops partway through and says that I have to do it from my computer. When I run it from my computer, nothing seems to change on the player.

When I plug the player into my computer and look at it as a hard drive, the files are there, the music player just doesn't recognize them when I try to play them.

I have contacted numerous vendors in my area and no one does repair work on the players. So I wrote the company I bought it from who said that they don't do repairs, but added, "Sounds like your drive software has become corrupted."

Does this sound right to anyone? If so, is there a way to reformat the drive, download or buy the software and reload it onto the player and just start over? RCA's website is of no help for this problem, and the firmware is up-to-date.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Unregistered guest
I must be missing something. Trying to play video with a Mac Ibook. I downloaded Windows Media Player because the asf video would not play through Quicktime. In Media Player, I get picture but no sound. I tried the same video and played through media player on a Windows xp machine and it played fine.

help on battery
Unregistered guest
is there any way to make the battery last longer. do they sell anything for it?

RCA LYRA NEWB
Unregistered guest
Hello there,
I just got a lyra rd 2780 and I am quite upset with this thing. Looks cool enough but...I have winxp sp2 , usb 2.0 drivers, all that stuff...I connect the USB connector to my comp and the Lyra and my computer tells me unrecognized USB device?! what gives, any of you know whats up? thanks for ANY help!

Username: Honda_bar

Post Number: 1
My 2780 is misbehaving and not recording tv! I hooked it to my tv out and every other a/v jacks I could find and it wouldn't work. I have direct tv and its hooked up to my video 1 port and I tried the lyra in the back of that 2 and no luck. I think that maybe my cables aren't working. do you have to be in the video mode before you start recording? I don't think so. I would appriciate any advice. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Please Help- desperate female!!!
I bought a RD2780 in las Vegas - I live in England so the warranty is void the moment I left the USA. My computer will not recognise my Lyra via USB and the Lyra will boot up but I get an error message saying files corrupted reinstall so I am stuck as I cannot replace the corrupt files as the Lyra cannot be read by my PC. I have tried to contact RCA but they won't offer my any help at all- any ideal please

Thanx

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a lyra RC2780 and I'm having some difficulty and was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm using MusicMatch jukebox to transfer audio files to my Lyra. I transferred all my music but my Lyra has multiple audio entries of the same song. When I delete these redundancies from the "My computer" section where the Lyra files are located they still remain when I disconnect my Lyra from my computer. How do I permanently delete items from the Lyra Audio library? Also how do I sort the music to my preferences? I have some songs that I downloaded and others I transferred from a CD that are both from the same artist. Under the artist section, the Lyra displays 2 separate artists, one for the downloaded content and another for the CD uploaded content. Also, when I right click on the Lyra logo in my system tray and click 'update system files' an error message is displayed, asking if the device is working properly. How do I fix this? Additionally, I was wondering if there was a way to create playlists using the Lyra only. Is there a way to select certain songs and put them into a new playlist? I have only been successful doing this with creating a favorites list. Thank you for your help, your assistance is greatly valued and appreciated.
Thank you,
Frank Garfalo

Unregistered guest
I am not starting out with an AVI in the first place (it is a windows media player file) but it still says that It is an un-supported file-type.
Tech Guy, Please Help!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hey tech guy. I can't play any misicmatch songs on my player I've tried everything from reformatting and reinstalling firmware and all current updates. it recognizes the songs but won't play them just skips to the next. and I have yet to find a software that will convert them into MP3's without distorting them. Musicmatch offers conversion but not WMA to MP3 conversion and i'm no genius but that's crazy since WMA is the only format that they use. Please help me with your infinite wisdom

Username: Derrick832

Houston, Tx Usa

HELLO TECH GUY I HAVE A RCA JUKE BOX 278O TOO, THE DARN THING JUST WANT START UP AND IAM OUT OF WARRANTY IS THERE ANY WHERE IN HOUSTON, TX I CAN GO TO HAVE IT REPAIRED.. ALL I KNOW IS AFTER I INSTALLED MUSIC ON THROUGH THE USB CABLE IT DIED ON ME.. YOU CAN HERE THE HARDDRIVE TRYING TO START UP ON THE INSIDE..PLEASE GET BACKK WITH ME..

Tech Guy
Unregistered guest
Hey guys Tech Guy here.
sorry I've been busy messing with my New Toy the Sony PSP. Great toy but any way here we go

Hey JOMP:
Simple man you need to turn it into an AVI. if you download the program WinMpeg and use the "all to Avi" function you'll be in business. go here: www.winmpg.com download the program. if you want to pay for it go ahead. or you can go to this web site and "get the key for free" if you run into any trouble let me know.

Hey romello:
You know I hate using music match files. Or any of the
New proprietary download sites for that matter. I think your problem is you are not using the music match software that came with the Lyra. Now just so you know music match files are copy right encrypted to stop file sharing (Like that's going to stop us :-) I suggest stop using music match. It's a rip-off. But that's me. If not your only hope is to use the music match software for the Lyra found on RCA.com to transfer the encrypted files to the Lyra. You see the strategy by music match is to make sure the MP3 you downloaded only play's once and you're allowed to have only one copy. So the music match software makes sure of this. By only letting it get transferred to one MP3 player. so good luck with that. Any questions let me know

Shiney:
I think it may possibly be your computer. But to make sure go to the computer screen and check if it can see the Lyra at all. If it doesn't start troubleshooting your USB ports try uninstalling all the software that came with the Lyra and plugging it in. if you can take it to another computer and just plug it in to see if its visible as a removable drive. If you any more questions just let me know

Frank:
Try using the Lyra and a hard drive when using the MP3's you got from the CD not music match trust me its a lot easier. just click and drag from your computer to the right folder in the Lyra. if you have any other questions let me know.

Ok now Colin:
I think you issue is your TV dose not have any "video Out" plugs. And your hooking the Lyra into "Video In's" what you need to do is plug into your "Video out's" (if it has them) or maybe hooking directly into the cable box. Or maybe getting a VCR or transfer box and putting that between the TV and Cable Box then hook the Lyra Directly to the outs of that. Just let me know if you have any other questions. Also it might help if you read my post above about recording from a TV of DVD player.

Madelyn:
What it looks like is your not using the supported music file formats. Make sure you are using MP3's.

Any ones else have any questions? Let me know

Unregistered guest
Hi Tech Guy

Thanx for your reply

Yes I have tried that. Either my desktop or my laptop will recognise the unit as a removable drive. I have tried this with the lyra software installed and uninstalled. I somehow think that the files on the Lyra have been corrupted and I need to reformat the unit's hard drive but cannot because I cant get it recognised by either computer I have. Any ideas you may have will be appreciated.

Martiniman
Unregistered guest
hey TechGuy. First I would like to thank you for the help that you have given about recording dvds.

But now i have a huge problem

PLEASE HELP ME!

My RCA Lyra RD2780A is seriously screwed up.

It has been working fine until this morning when i charged it, after charging I turned on the lyra to find that the menu had frozen, it is still frozen now. Is there anything I can do????

Martiniman
Unregistered guest
hey TechGuy. First I would like to thank you for the help that you have given about recording dvds.

But now i have a huge problem

PLEASE HELP ME!

My RCA Lyra RD2780A is seriously screwed up.

It has been working fine until this morning when i charged it, after charging I turned on the lyra to find that the menu had frozen, it is still frozen now. Is there anything I can do????

l2en
Unregistered guest
hit the reset button =]

Unregistered guest
Just wondering if I should install the latest firmware upgrade 0181a. Is it buggy or safe ?
Please email at daytona87.3@juno.com

Thanks !

i need help 52
Unregistered guest
hello, the screen on the RCA wont' turn on, its liek the light doesnt' work. i can only see it good when i'm in the sun. an suggestions

tony f
Unregistered guest
Hey techguy, maybe you can help me out.
I traded a 20 gig Ipod for this Lyra, I was intrigued by it's ablitity to play movies, and such.
So anyways, everything works "alright", movies play fine, some of my videos have an issue with the sound not synching up right.
But my real problem is, the MP3 player, everytime I try to play any song it takes about two to three minutes to "load?" the screen freezes, and I try to power it off, but that won't work either.
It will eventually play them, but is there any thing I can do to "fix" this issue?
Videos' play without any issue, it's just the damn MP3 player portion of it.
Any ideas? I've updated it, and am using the newest firmware available from RCA's website.

Tech Guy
Unregistered guest
Hey Tony,
I've had this same issue before. What I found out is it's the MP3 it's self. I had a song that a friend had given me to from Napster (before I showed him the wonderful world of free music and file sharing.) that gave me this kind of trouble. Where are you getting your MP3's?

gustavo
Unregistered guest
Hi,

When I plug my rd2780 on the tv all i get is sound and no video. Am i doing anything wrong? I figure that if i cant see my videos i will not be able to record anything from it either, right?
Any suggestions?
Thank you

gustavo
Unregistered guest
would it be the cable? When i tried to record from the tv i got a "video signal not found" message. Therefore was unable to record.

How should i test it to see what the problem is before i send it back to RCA? I got a 30 day warranty left.

some random guy
Unregistered guest
gustavo, are you sure that you have it connected to the output of the Lyra and the input of the tv?
When you're trying to record you need to be connected to the output on the tv and the input of the lyra.

Username: Ken2k7

Post Number: 3
hi, thanx for all your help in advance

The problem is , when i upload videos with subtitles( Naruto ), the subtitles in the video arent shown on the Lyra.

The subtitles are below the screen and i cant see them ( i can see the top half of the words, but the rest of the words is too far under the screen ).

Also keep in the mind the subtitles are ALREADY in the video, so there is no subtitle file or .srt files. all there is is .avi and the subtitles are included/built inside.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can fix this? Via programs to adjust the subtitles or something else like borders or make the video smaller??

Gustavo
Unregistered guest
Yes! Im sure I'm connecting the cable on the right spot of the device. I tried today again and all i got was audio instead of video, and i was also unable to record. Should i send my cable back and ask for a replacement of should i sent the whole device? Thank you

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where to find the complete user's guide? if so, post it, or e-mail me at lsoccergurl21@aol.com

Unregistered guest
how do i put videos on my lyra?

Madelyn
Unregistered guest
Hello, Tech Guy! Thanks for your response.

I made a post on April 02 regarding an issue I have with my RCA Lyra RD2840 not recognizing many of the song files that are on it. (I can find the songs on the drive when I view it as a removeable hard drive, but many songs, including several whole albums, don't show up in the playlist when I try to play them.)

You suggested that I may be trying to play unsupported music files, but I just checked, and yes, all are MP3s, most ripped from my own CDs.

Should I erase everything and purchase the system software from somewhere and start over? I cannot find anything on RCA's website about it or about obtaining the system software.

Any other suggestion? I'm open to ideas. I'm also perfectly fine with paying someone to repair it, as well, but cannot find anyone who can do so.

Thanks!

phydeaux
Unregistered guest
Just thought I would share this one with you:

I upgraded my RD2780 to an 80gig HD, and had everything working perfectly. I then installed upgraded firmware 0.18.1a and OS 1.0.3.5.

After this upgrade, everything worked, except the unit would no longer play my playlists, all in m3u format. It would play one, then never open another.

I tried everything, changing all 238 playlists from relative to absoilute format, reinstalling them all, moving them to a dedicated directory, etc, but always after any change, the first one would open, but no others.

I finally found a corrupt folder in the system area:
(d)\lyra_sys\sys_config\AUDIO
When I tried to delete this folder to replace it, access was denied, but the system did allow me to rename it. I then created a new folder named AUDIO, and voila! no more problems.

The strange part is that the AUDIO folder is, was, and has always been ..empty. Go figure.

I have also discovered in all this that the playlists are not involved in the profiling operation, you can move palylists on and off your machine without profiling, and the "playlist" menu item will still find them.

Hope this is of some help to others.

chrisbilal
Unregistered guest
I purchased my lyra at refurbelectronics.com for about $280 all together on April 12. On the 15th, I put the headphones in and the whole thing caved in. I called the refurbished warrantor and she told me that they dont cover damage to the headphone jack. I thought that was crazy considering that was what everyone is complaining about and was probably the cause of the product being sent back and to me as refurbished. refurbelectronics said they are going to handle it but they havent sent me any info today after i sent them my serial# and barcode. I'm going to call them this morning. For the two days I played with it, it had really bad battery life for playing MP3's alone. When I record video on to it, its pretty hot and 3) the whole playlist thing is crazy, its really jacked up.

The only thing I wish RCA could do is fix the headphone jacks, create replaceable batteries and release more firmware. Firmware that allows you to navigate your library while listening to music, increase battery life and allow for other video formats like MPEG2 and WMV. And just to be nice, include or recommend encoders or encode automatically. TMPEG luvs to act up and WINAVI converter goes bezerk.

In the meantime, did anyone ever get their headphone situation solved?

SL
Unregistered guest
I just recently picked up a rd2780 and have had no large problems other than the initial freezing of it after the first full charge (reset!). Photo's and music and have converted some vid files aswell, all is working as it should. But now trying to record a dvd to it i am running into my first real obstacle. It wont detect a video signal...and yes i do have the cables in the line in on the rd2780 and line out of my dvd player (direct to the back of the dvd player). What could the problem possibly be??

SL
Unregistered guest
FYI its not a snafu with the dvd copywrite or anything like that because i had the same issues when trying to record a vcd ;/

i needs help
Unregistered guest
hello, the screen on my RCA won't turn on, its like the light doesn't work. i can only see it good when i'm in the sun. any suggestions

Unregistered guest
Is it just me or is the majority of people's issues with the RCA LURA RD2780 due to ignorance? I bought mine refurbished and had a few buggy issues but nothing that couldn't easily be troubleshot. The reason why these things aren't popular yet is because people are still computer illiterate. The error exist between the chair and the monitor.

Username: Ivar

Hi! I bought a Lyra RD2780 for my mother.

She has two digital cameras and want to use it as a mobile photoalbum. However, when downloading the pictures from one of the cameras to the Lyra, they don't appear correct on the screen of the device. Thumbnails shows OK, but when choosing a picture, the colours get very strange (almost looks like a negative).

When I make changes to the picture on the pc, save the picture again and when transfer them to the Lyra, they appear correct. Does the problem have someting to do with this one camera's way of saving the pictures? The camera is a HP Photosmart 850 and it saves pictures as .jpg files. Please can anybody give me a tip?

Unregistered guest
My TV has no video out jacks. Does anyone know any other way to record onto my RCA Lyra RD2780. Please Help!

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where to find the complete user's manual? Tech Guy? please help, i am clueless!

Ant
Unregistered guest
bball, If you want the manual on the computer, just put in the installation cd and click tutorials and choose the English help guide.

Ant
Unregistered guest
I figured out how to record video but when I watch it on my RCA, there is no sound. I have the audio plugs plugged in. Please Help!

spartan
Unregistered guest
does anybody know how to edit the sets for the lyra??? Plz HELP!!!!

Unregistered guest
but ant, it doesn't tell me how to transfer dvd's and other videos onto my lyra.That is all I need to know

Allison
Unregistered guest
I just received my Lyra rd2780 and I cannot get my computer to recognize it as a device, it says that I am missing a driver, and I downloaded everything from the CD and the website, but still nothing, also I get the USB safe mode message, RCA said to send it back, but I reeeeaallllyyy don't want to wait to get a new one and have it do the same thing. I am running Windows 98SE, if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!!! Thanks Alot!!!!

Username: Har4805

how can I make the Lyra 2780 put all the songs of one artist in one folder, instead of putting them in different album folders. I don't like all the songs of any album, so I only put the ones I like in, which may be only 1 or 2 songs in each folder. If any one can help me E-Mail me at harold_b13@yahoo.com ok!! Thanks

Unregistered guest
TechGuy and others: I've noticed many people have complained about their devise going to " USB SAFE MODE" and then freezing. I have the same problem. I've tried reinstalling the system files and hitting the little reset button. Has anyone been able to get out of this situation?

Unregistered guest
tech guy need ur help. MY battery won't charge. i bought a new battery at laptops for less and installed it myself , and still the battery won't charge .Darn these things. need ur help thanx!

daneshy
Unregistered guest
i am so gutted i just got a lyra rd 2780 and just after putting music on i take the cable aand safe mode come on on usb but the usb is unplugged does anyone know a solution without sending it back cos i live in u.k.

Anonymous

any one whos thinking of buying a rd 2780 DONT because they are crap and always brake mn broke within half an hour and their is nothing rca can do about it buy a better name like sony

dustinl15
Unregistered guest
does anyone know where to buy a replacement headphone jack for an RCA Lyra mp3 player model # RD2826A

Unregistered guest
I just got my 2780 & loaded my Lexar 1GB compactflash to try to read it but after going thru the menu under Compactflash card, it hangs/freezes. The card has 600MB of pictures with each file @ 5-6MB each. Does anyone know how to solve this. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3007
make sure that the memory card is formatted for the Lyra or that the files are compatible to what the 2780 can read.
Best thing to do is copy all the files on the memory card to the PC. Make a copy of these files and format it so the 2780 can read it.

Format the card so that it conforms to the file system of the 2780. Re load all the pictures onto the card and your 2780 should be able to read them.

Unregistered guest
Oh, darn! I tried updating the firmware and the USB port is loose & went inside the player. What a crappy build! Is there a quick fix for this? I'll probably send it back if I won't be able to fix it :-(

Unregistered guest
Thanks Berny, but the reason I bought this, is as a photo storage/viewer on the go. And now the USB port is broken...

PPS
Unregistered guest
hi guys,

I have a Lyra which i love to bits, but the biggest problem i had was the battery life. to solve this, i made a battery pack for it so can use normal aa batteries to power it. I can EXTEND THE BATTERY LIFE BY 2X with it, so its solved my problem! I made a few more packs for sale on eBay, check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5773184089%26

bangungot
Unregistered guest
Is there a way to power it off when it freezes? It's been frozen for 30 minutes now with the screen on. I think it'll remain frozen until it drains the battery. Any button combinations anyone? Thx.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3009
unfortunately for a broken usb port, you have to do a hard power off. Or just return the whole thing even with the power still on. Sounds like a manufacturing defect.

gising na!:-)

Unregistered guest
Thanks, Berny! I'll probably return it. I couldn't pry it open with my fingers & I'm afraid I might break a piece if I use something else...

Salamat sa pag gising. :-)

Allison
Unregistered guest
Has anybody else tried to use their RD2780 on Win 98SE? I just can't get mine to work, it's always missing drivers:-( Let me know if anybody has cleared this hurtle,
thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
O.K. i am having serious problems with the music being synchronized with the video. The video is an AVI file and i installed MPEG-4 sound (from windows website) but for some reason it still says B frames detected the the audio wanders away from the video. I tried using TMPGEnc but i cant figure out how to use it propertly....

Chriss
Unregistered guest
I have a quick question... i just got my RCA Lyra last week and its absolutly perfect except the copyrighted DVD's does anyone have any hints to get around this i would greatly appreciate it.
-Chris

Unregistered guest
cant record tv, worked yesterday. Now it says preparind hard drive but than goes back to video folder screen. ??????

MasterOfDistr
Unregistered guest
Hey guys I dont have much of a prob with my 2780 other than the battery but thats a known fact already :-).. But i do want to know one thing i still have my sample music that comes with my 2780 and when i play it it show the Album art that is stored on the mp3 itself in the id3 tags..

Anyway i try to duplicate that with a software called FixTunes that puts Album Art directly on the mp3 but 2780 dont show it i know its there cause other mp3 players of mine show the album art but Lyra2780 dont..

So my question is does any of you guys have done it already and what software or configuration you use to be able to do so.... Thanks in Advance and more power.............

MasterOfDistr
Unregistered guest
Never mind guys got it I use mp3tag you can download it here http://www.maniactools.com

editor in case some of you are interested on maximizing your mp3 experience....

Again More power to you All!!!

MasterOfDistr
Unregistered guest
OK Let me try to answer some questions here....

Chriss i was able to get pass the DVD protection this way i ran the movie first for about 30 to 45 seconds then connect my 2780 for me it never fails try it out

Allison... For you i got a friend with the same problem I think its more on the fact that XP is more forgiving about connecting devices with incompatible OS than 98 me and my friend tried everything including a new USB2 card and drivers to no avail... Come to think of it most flash card with USB 2 capabillities also fails to run in 98 even with drive updates. I think it's cause 98 wont run devices if it think it would crash the system unlike the XP that run it first and hope for the best....

mylescameron
Unregistered guest
HI I HAVE ALSO HAD THE PROBLEM WITH THE STARTUP STARTING WITH THE USB SAFE MODE I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF THINGS BUT THEY ALL HAVENT WORKed. IF ANY ONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM CAN YOU CONTACT ME BY EMAIL. THANKS
EMAIL: myles.cameron@gmail.com

detroitrockcity
Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem as many of you with the Lyra being SO SLOW when accessing tracks before playing them...sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to find the album folder I've selected before it actually begins to play the tracks. Someone suggested separating tracks into folders...but how do you do that in music match? And isn't that what the automatically generated album/artist/genre folders are for? Please help!

Unregistered guest
Hi everybody. I need your help.
When I connect my Lyra with the USB cable on the screen appears: "remove USB cable to resume playback". I remove the cable but nothing happens.
When the cable is connected there is not a removal drive un my PC. I think my firmware is crashed, but how can I upgrade it if my PC doesn't see the Lyra?!??

Chriss
Unregistered guest
agente i had the same problem did you turn on oyur lyra before you connected the cable?

Chriss
Unregistered guest
Thanks MasterOfDistr ill try that out

Anonymous

hi guys
I bought rca lyra RD2760 model.
Please if any one can help me with this.
While iam trying yo play the mp3 player. it flashes this message "Files load failed".And then nothing happens.
I any of you know what is to be done Please help me with this.

Unregistered guest
Yes Chriss.
I have done it, 'cause it was written everywhere to do so!
Now I don't know how to use it, 'cause I can't upgrade the firmware!

Unregistered guest
Please help.
I bought rca lyra RD2760 model.
Please if any one can help me with this.
While iam trying yo play the mp3 player. it flashes this message "Files load failed".And then nothing happens.
I any of you know what is to be done Please help me with this.
email at: shipra0278@rediffmail.com or atul@sarnatechnologies.com

Unregistered guest
Hellow
how can i select a song while an other is still playing ? so, how can i browse when there is a mp3 file playing ?
thx

Chriss
Unregistered guest
Does Anyone know how to get around copyrights on DVDs because i tried the 30 second thing and that didnt work so maybe im doing it wrong but is there another way someone please help..

nickg
Unregistered guest
I have this weird problem. When I transfer a video file that is over 2 min in length, it plays fine for about the first minute and a half, but then it just stops and goes to the next clip or back to the menu if it is the last clip in the folder. Is it a software problem, or is my device broken?

Some guy in an ambulance
Unregistered guest
Just a suggestion:

I installed kazaa directly on to my lyra, and i run it when it is connected to computer. I haven't had any problems.

Also, tech guy is right; most problems are simply ignorance

Mel=Mel
Unregistered guest
I have a rac lyra and i have downloaded songs on to it. but now its only in the part that say title and the songs wont play. what is the problem

Unregistered guest
I bought a RD2780 and it seems totally broken (the screen doesn't light up at all).
I don't know what to do (the warranty has expired).
Help me Please.

AndreY123
Unregistered guest
Hello all, can you copy dvd's through a PS2?, because that is my only dvd player. Any instruction, would be appreciated.

chrisbilal
Unregistered guest
I suggest everyone just sell their lyras. Its too much of a hassle, there have been non firmware upgrades since November. They are releasing another hunk of junk so they prob wont care about 2780. Has anyone ever noticed there really aren't any forums for Archos' except the occasional that ask easy questions. Just go with Archos. I would rather spend the extra money now or just buy a laptop.

Within two days, I had to ship mine back because the headphone jack only to find that 50 million people have the same problem. When I get it back, I'll just dump it on ebay or craigslist. But If I decided to keep it, has anyone ever seen album art or the player or ever set up a timed recording.

Unregistered guest
I converted my video files and everything, but whenever i go to play it on my Lyra, it shows the hour glass, saying that it's loading, then it just goes back to the main screen. Help please. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hi... I bought a refurb Lyra 2760 at Xmas last year, been using it about 3-4 times per week since, for an hour or so at a time, while running. In the past two weeks, the battery ran down so of course I plugged it in to recharge, but it's not charging, or not holding its charge. I gather that the powersource for these things is an issue, but I'm wondering if it's possible to buy an aftermarket, or order one from somewhere? I'm in Canada.

Unregistered guest
Is there an address or phone# at RCA so I can send the 2780 in for repair. The headset output has a loose connection (tried multiple headsets)?

I purchased the Lyra last Christmas for my son and found he just wasn't using it. Multiple lockups (showed him how to reset) and the headset output issue put him off. Seems like silly issues for such an expensive unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us