Archive through August 19, 2005

needhelpdesperately
Unregistered guest
PLEASE help me i just dont have a clue what to do!iv tried everything i can think of

Jamadam
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help me? My ipod has been working fine until a few weeks ago. However, after it was accidentally removed from the USB socket when it said do not disconnect, it has since stopped playin songs, instead skipping to the next song. Now it is not recognised by the PC an so cannot be restored or updated. I have tried resetting it to no avail and now it is stuck in disk mode with a tick on the screen and an 'OK to disconnect message'. I do not know what to do. What's worse is that my brother's ipod has carshed in the same way on the SAME day! as i was hoping to use that as a backup of my music collection, I am now in a situation where I am facing losing my whole music collection. I thought that it could not be a coincidence that both had crashed at the same time, but my brother says that his has not been conencted to a PC for months, so it cannot be a software prob. Please help, I am confused and frustrated.

Suzygirl
Unregistered guest
My iPod was stuck with the Apple logo for quite a while. So, I put it in disk mode (holding down the Menu and Play) and I used the updater to restore the iPod. My iPod is now stuck in Disk mode with a check mark and an "OK to disconnect" sign on it. Please, please help me! I need to know how to get my iPod to function like a flipping iPod again!! I have the 4 GB mini and I use it on Windows XP.

Unregistered guest
Hi i have a iPod Mini and i had 4 almost 7 months it never gave me a problem then one day it shut off and the apple sign came on and the folder withthe exclamation mark. Then i whent to the apple store and they replaced it. that same day when i whent to put my song back and it was done updating. I still had it connected and my computer shut down and the same thing happen all over again. What is causeing this to happen? I am not sure what to do to provent this.

needhelpdesperately
Unregistered guest
ok, i still have the same problem as before could ANYONE help me? ANYONE AT ALL? please help me soon because its SO annoying!

needhelpdesperately
Unregistered guest
ok, i still have the same problem as before could ANYONE help me? ANYONE AT ALL? please help me soon because its SO annoying!

needhelpdesperately
Unregistered guest
i still have the same problem and i'v had my ipod for about a month now, can ANYONE help me? anyone at all?

Louise cox
Unregistered guest
What Hole do you put it in

please help

needhelpdesperately
Unregistered guest
louise you put it in the USB port

Huw
Unregistered guest
ok I want to go into disk mode, but when i do the 'OK to disconnect' sign comes up and I cant get rid of it

Unregistered guest
Can anyone help me?? I got my ipod about a month ago and everything was working fine until just yesterday i was trying to put songs on my ipod from CDs. The songs are listed in my library but the option that said Jennifer's Ipod on the side isnt there. It doesn't show my ipod as connected when I have it connected.

Anonymous

u cant make this logo go away because its supposed to come up when u connect it to a computer.........so deal with it...srry!!

Anonymous

u cant make this logo go away because its supposed to come up when u connect it to a computer.........so deal with it...srry!!

help me, elen
Unregistered guest
hia berny ummmm every1 else calls u by ure name so i figured that was ok. today at8:42 am i droped my mini ipod in its prtective casing from my desc i then didnt use it untill around about 11:40 when i went to use it it was frozen in the middle of the song i was llistenin to that mornin! please dont say its bad news my parents will kill me! by the way iv tried hittin it like jamesseda but no luck!

help me, elen
Unregistered guest
hia berny ummmm every1 else calls u by ure name so i figured that was ok. today at8:42 am i droped my mini ipod in its prtective casing from my desc i then didnt use it untill around about 11:40 when i went to use it it was frozen in the middle of the song i was llistenin to that mornin! please dont say its bad news my parents will kill me! by the way iv tried hittin it like jamesseda but no luck!

needhelpdesperately
Unregistered guest
i got my ipod about a month ago and i cant put my songs onto it iv tried everything i can think of...but i know why, its because i dont have the options button and i dont know why i didnt have it first of all and i still dont have it can someone help me because my ipod's useless otherwise and my bday prezzie was dumb!so can you please help me berny?or anyone else for that matter!

needhelpdesperately
Unregistered guest
oh yeah and its an ipod shuffle and i have microsoft xp...can ANYONE help me?

Unregistered guest
Hey!
I need help!

I woke up this morning and tried to use the ipod when it wouldn't turn on. So I put it on the charger and it didn't trun on. I held the menu and middle button. THat worked with the apple sign but it showed a battery with a exclamtion mark. But it won't charge! And I connected to the computer thinking it would charge but it didn't. Also when I connect it to the wall charger it makes a noise and it is a beep noise that doesn't stop. WHAT DO I DO ! PLEASE HELP ME!

my email is jaguar5367@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
My ipod charged on the computer but still not in the wall it still makes the noise. PLEASE HELP!

Unregistered guest
Ok I need serious help, I think i've just messed up my friends ipod!!!!!

I was putting songs on it for her, but when I disconnected her ipod, it came up with a file with an "!" mark on the screen and now my computer won't recognise it, it just say "OK to disconnect" whenever I plug it in! She just got an ipod for her birthday, and I said I would put songs on it for her as she can't on her computer.

My computer is windows 98 and I use a program called Ephpod with my ipod which works fine. Someone else formatted both ipods for me because I can't on mine, but they had a windows computer too so I don't think this made a difference because my ipod works fine.

The only thing I could think I could possibly have done wrong is I could have unplugged it too quickly after pressing eject, but I don't remember doing this, and I don't even know if it would make any difference!!!

Please please please help I don't know what to do and she will kill me when she finds out!

Unregistered guest
i got my ipod mini today, it is still connected and it just finished charging but on the screen it says "do not disconnect". So i look in the little booklet that comes with the ipod mini to see what it says about disconneting the ipod mini. It says that i have to eject the ipod mini before disconnecting it from the computer. So i go to itunes and look for the button to eject ipod and all i see is a button that says "eject disc". Then i check on the source list and "ipod" does not appear. What does this mean, that my computer does not know that my ipod is connected? How do i stop my ipod mini from saying "do not disconnect"? HELP ME!!!!

Hilary
Unregistered guest
i got my ipod a few weeks ago it was working fine then yesterday i try charging it and it wont charge all i see is the battery with an exclamation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

p
Unregistered guest
how do i re install my ipod Please help

laweeze
Unregistered guest
help!!
i accidentily switched my language to japanese now i can't find where to switch it back!

Unregistered guest
Hey I need help. Two nights ago my ipod got low on the battery and it just died which is okay because the battery can always be recharged and it works again. But this time when I put my ipod on the charger it keeps resetting itself and gets hot to the touch. I have tried resetting it but it does not seem to resolve the problem of it continually resetting itself. And now all it does is continually reset itself. If anyone could please help me??? THis is the first time I have ever heard or seen this

allz
Unregistered guest
Help! I got an ipod mini yesterday. I installed the software before i plugged it in and everything. The screen on the ipod mini says its charging but whenever I go to turn it on it wont go on and when i plug it into my computer the battery and exclamation point comes up. It's been charging for a day now! Please help me!!

Username: Eeyorsbaby101

Northriverside, Il United states

Post Number: 1
OMG someone plz Help ME
I had my ipod for a while and it fine, then I left it at my friends houses one day and when i got it back it deleted all my songs so then i when to my library and downloaded them again, so when that was do, i unhoacked it and i pressed the middle botten and the apple poped up then a folder and a !(I dont know how to spell it) poped up and then it goes black. PLZ I NEED UR HELP MY DAD GOING TO BE MAD IF HE FINDS OUT.............

Username: Mckennap

Kilkenny, Kilkenny Ireland

Post Number: 3
Hi Berny,

Only had my iPod working for a week but already the click wheel is causing problems - the play/pause button feels like it is stuck in, and isn't working properly - I can't turn the iPod off if when I want.

It looks like the next/fast forward & play/pause side of the wheel is stuck in, and the other side is stuck out (hope that makes sense). The iPod hasn't been dropped or treated roughly in any way - quite the opposite.

Is this a common problem? And is there anything I can do about it?

iHATEmyIPOD!
Unregistered guest
lalala my i-pod is skrewed, i hate it so much=] so i threw it on the ground, and dropped it down the stairs=] it just isnt worse the stress! it ALWAYS says i cant plug it in!! UGHH

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3243
Sorry Peter, I'm afraid the only solution is a service call. Is it still under warranty?

Jester
Unregistered guest
Ok, I just bought a 20G LCD iPod and in my excitement I plugged it into my PC before installing the software (one should wonder why the "install software before plugging in iPod" sticker isn't on the iPod itself). The screen on the iPod just went blank and now it won't even start up. I tried resetting it, I tried to restore it, but the iPod isn't recognized at all. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Shall
Unregistered guest
Hi, I just got an IPod mini today with my friend. He has a Mac, and I have a PC. We took it to his house, and he put all of his songs onto my new ipod. I already have Itunes on my computer because I used to have a shuffle. I plugged the mini into my USB port, but its not listed as a "source" in ITunes. It also says that there is "No Ipod connected". On top of that, my Ipod has a "do not disconnect" message on it. What should I do? I want to be able to put music from my computer onto my Ipod mini... and I also want to be able to unplug it from my computer!!!! Whats going wrong here?

Username: Klove

My son's mini ipod shows only a folder with and exclamation mark. Some research said that it may need to have the software updated. Right now he has the 3/2005 version, but i was trying to download the 6/26/2005 version. I click download and it says that my computer security settings do not allow this type of download. I've changed as many security settings as I know how, but it still will not work. Any suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1115
Jester: Take it outside and beat it with a lead pipe
Shall: Reformat it, I have no idea what you were thinking to have him transfer songs onto it from a mac. You're what they call "subnormally intelligent"
Kathy: It is obviously a problem with Internet Explorer, play with that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1116
STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND START A NEW ONE.

krejciman
Unregistered guest
yesterday i bought an ipod from a pawn shop.its 20 gb.how do i install itunes.plz help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1166
It's free from the apple site!!! Now stop posting in this thread!!!!

Unregistered guest
amesseda

Hi just thought i'd say that after a stressfull couple of hours trying to fix a broken ipod (folder & !, problem) i resorted to shaking the thing and giving the HDD a few small taps. Low & behold it works!! Worth a try!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1176
STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND START A NEW ONE

Unregistered guest
I just got a mini ipod for my birthday and i dont no how to add music and the instructions make no sence could u walk me through what to do

and i dont no how to make a new thread

Gold Member

Post Number: 1196
Upload

Username: Smurfypod

Okay so my computer crashed when my ipod was plugged in and of course it says DO NOT DISCONNECT but it got unplugged so ever since then my ipod will not go back to normal. the DND thing keeps flashing I tried unplugging it then replugging it in and it started to flash the charging meter and itunes started but the ipod isnt detected on my pc and I cant get rid of the DND screen someone please help

Unregistered guest
i keep on deleting music on my ipod but the music space stays the same so now i dont even have space to put music even though i have NO music on the ipod!!!!!!

yashar
Unregistered guest
Ok this is very important... I almost got an ulcer trying to figuer out why my ipod wasnt being detected... and I know many people have this peoblem because I visited every relative forum and there is a lot of them... if you have this problem all u need to do is reset the ipod... and not through the menue... follow these steps...

-turn on the hold (button or whatever) for Ipod and then turn off
-press and hold the menue button and the select (center)button together until apple logo comes on

beleive it or not that is it... i've heard some crazy solutions that dont work but this one does... reply if this works.
yashar

Gold Member

Post Number: 1241
That's been mentioned and is in the back of the manual. Stop posting here.

Wild_Flower
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone. I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet but I was trying to rename my Ipod Mini, G2. Anyway I did that in Itunes and now in the About section on the Ipod it has "IPOD_C~1". When I use ITunes or look at it from My Computer it has my changed name. I was just wondering if anyone could help.

Also a question about reformatting. I just wanna know what does it do to the Ipod itself and if anyone thinks that this will solve my renaming problem? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1259
Ugh, read the rules.

Unregistered guest
when exporting the tracks of a cd to the library, (by clicking all dragging and dropping), I get an overlap time over the tracks. How can I cure this?

Unregistered guest
Hey i saw my question asked but i'm afraid i still don't know what to do.
My ipod doesn't react to anything. the only thing that showes up is first the apple logo and then a file and a exclamation mark. the ipod didn't fall onto the floor but it could be that it got a voltage spike. what shall i do? can it be repared?

Pkotlikoff
Unregistered guest
Hey there, I just have a pretty simple question.
My ipod is working fine, but my computer kicked the bucket. We think the hard drive may have overheated, and we're not sure if we'll be able to fix it. It's four years old, so it's not that surprising, but all my music files are on that computer. My ipod is currently updated and charged, and I'm using our families newer computer (which has no music files on it). If I download the newest version of itunes and dock my ipod, will my music be deleted, or will it all go into my library? Thanks a lot.

Unregistered guest
hello? i need some help... anybody there?

pkotlikoff
Unregistered guest
For all the file-and-exclamation-point problems, in my opinion it means your ipod is broken to the point where it's beyond your capabilities of fixing it. If it's relatively new, which it seems most of these are, I suggest sending it in for repairs that should be covered by your warranty. When mine was left in the rain, it had this problem. I tried to fix it myself, gave up, let it dry out, and sent in a service form (found here http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/). Within 3 days, Apple had confirmed my problem, and get this, sent someone to PICK UP my ipod to take it to be serviced, FROM MY HOUSE. All I had to do was properly package it. In order to do this though, you must have all your ipod information. Within a week I had a new ipod. That's right. Brand new. Give it a try!

annoying ipod user
Unregistered guest
okay thank you very very much!

annoying ipod user
Unregistered guest
okay thank you very very much!

Unregistered guest
I have a problem with my ipod 20 gig:
first I plug it in then I see the apple picture, then the folder with the exclamation mark picture, then it goes to the
"Do not Diconnect" picture for about 20 seconds and restarts the process over again and again. So I cant
do the restore thing since it doesnt give it enough time to restore and resets.

AsH, Bringer Of Darkness
Unregistered guest
Ok, i hav a windows version of the iPod mini 1.2 and i tryd instaling itunes, but when trying 2 install i keep gettin an error message, the error is "1607: unable to install Shield scripting runtime." plz some1 help me!!! i rele love my music and ive tryd so many things, even using different software but theyr s**t! Plz help me!!

Unregistered guest
ok well i resetted my ipod and the computer recongises it but the only problem is it freezes my computer up..why is it doin this..plz sum one help..email me at extremelander@aol.com

Anonymous

how do i uninstall the drivers like you were telling roxybaby?

Anonymous

No matter what i do..my ipod won stop saying do not disconnect and i want to disconnect and when i do a folder with an exclamation mark shows up and then a window pops up that says i need to update itunes so i can use this ipod on this computer and ive used it on that computer all the time and i cant turn my ipod off either please help me

Anonymous

sean tucker i have the same problem i have been trying to fix my ipod for the last 6 hours

Anonymous

Please Help Me, I havent any idea what to do? Ok my iPod mini, seems to be stuck in disk mode, with a check mark on the screen saying ok to disconnect, and it is disconnected, I unplug it from the computer and nothing, it just stays in disk mode and ok to disconnect. I have tried to reset it toggling the switch, holding the play button, the menu button, Nothing happens at all, when I plug it in the computer it works, like it will update, but I cant listen to anything at all, and I really havent any idea what to do now???Please Please Help Me.

Anonymous

Please Help Me, I havent any idea what to do? Ok my iPod mini, seems to be stuck in disk mode, with a check mark on the screen saying ok to disconnect, and it is disconnected, I unplug it from the computer and nothing, it just stays in disk mode and ok to disconnect. I have tried to reset it toggling the switch, holding the play button, the menu button, Nothing happens at all, when I plug it in the computer it works, like it will update, but I cant listen to anything at all, and I really havent any idea what to do now???Please Please Help Me.

Unregistered guest
ok well i resetted my ipod and the computer recongises it but the only problem is it freezes my computer up..why is it doin this..plz sum one help..email me at extremelander@aol.com

Username: Srt_2007

Hi Everyone

Ok.... I have and iPod Mini and I've been using it trouble-free for a year now. Recently I just got the iTrip for it and it works awesome! But one day I let the battery run out and then it sat for probably 2 days b4 I finally charged it... But Nothing works!! It won't even charge up. I've tried everything. HELP ME PLZ!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1354
"Hi Everyone"

Hey Stephanie.

"Ok.... I have and iPod Mini and I've been using it trouble-free for a year now. Recently I just got the iTrip for it and it works awesome! But one day I let the battery run out and then it sat for probably 2 days b4 I finally charged it... But Nothing works!! It won't even charge up. I've tried everything. HELP ME PLZ!!!"

The battery needs to be replaced. That's going to cost you nearly $100, you'll have to start by sending it in.

Anonymous

god damnit help us

Gold Member

Post Number: 1362
I'm not sure which "us" you're referring to as there were five Anonymous posters in a row before I answered Stephanie's question.

pinkbunny
Unregistered guest
hi. i just installed a new usb 2.0 card onto my comp and now it doesn't recognize my ipod. i gather from this thread that i should reinstall itunes and it's firmware and stuff. right? that'll fix me right up??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1365
Yes.

voxzoy
Unregistered guest
hey, reading this forum hasn't helped my problem with MY ipod at all, my ipod recently stopped working after yesterday, this is what happened to it:
listened for an hour on bus
in my locker for whole day
end of day, my friend held it in his hand then licked it once (he's an idiot)
took it home, plugged into my computer and updated it
took it out a few minutes before finishes to listen to it and no response

NOW the apple logo is permanately showing on the screen, reseting won't help it, charging doesn't seem to help it, plugging it into my computer has no repsonse and it is only 2 months NEW!!!! it was replaced with a new one not long ago,

my ipod is the 20gb click wheel version

HELP ME PLEASE!! really like my ipod and now its stuffed, i dont want to send it into apple to fix it again, i still have warranty thank god

anyway please help!

voxzoy
Unregistered guest
i just realised i forgot to add some stuff to yesterdays IPOD timeline

before updating it, it wasn't working and apple logo was showing with no response to anything i did. I left it for about 2 hours then at about 11:00 i got woken by some alarm and i looked at my ipod and it showed the no battery sign, i plugged it in, IT RESPONDED TO POWER so then i plugged it into my computer and then ran the newest IPOD Update and pulled it out half way through and it stuffed up AGAIN

please help me!!

Unregistered guest
I tried to use my iPod today, but all of my music was gone! The about screen shows there are 0 songs, but the hard drive is mostly full, so I assume that the songs are still on there, they just aren't being recognized. Also, I am on a road trip away from my computer, so I can't re-sync everything. I tried Apple support, but they could not help.
Another user with a similar problem found his songs in folders named "F00-F19." Any idea on how to help?

Unregistered guest
i bought an ipod shuffle and i lost the cd n its not yet installed but i coudnt find it anymore can i still used my ipod and how can i installed it?

HNHS Viking
Unregistered guest
I just bought an ipod off ebay, the apple 15gb 3rd generation ipod, But the seller said that it does not come with any cables. AI was just wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to connect it to my computer so that I can put my songs on there. Also, do all Ipods run off an FM radio frequency, like I can put my radio on 87.9 FM, and listen to my ipod?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3304
You need either a firewire cable or a usb cable. You can purchase these items anywhere they sell iPods.
If you want to listen to the iPod using FM Radio frequency, you will need an adapter. belkin sells those.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1380
Yes, the transmitters sound terrible. A direct connection to the stereo i.e. headphone to RCA cable hooked up to any aux-in jacks will sound quite a bit better. Like Berny said, the Belkin adaptors will work as well.

voxzoy
Unregistered guest
hey! i need help with MY problem, so does anyone kno w why the apple lgog shows on the screen and nothing else, for my 20gb click wheel iPOD!!!!!!???!?!?1

and IYAH you can get what you need from typin IPOD UPDATE SHUFFLE into google search, it worked when i lost my iPod click wheel version cd

voxzoy
Unregistered guest
i got a message in itunes saying "attempt to copy to the disk "name" failed, an unknown error occured (-69)" does anyone know what that means?

Anonymous

alright there is something wrong with my ipod i put it in the computer port when i put it in then the ipod doesn`t show up like where it says so and so`s ipod but it doesn`t say that it just charges and doesn`t let me put songs on my ipod
what the heck is wrong wat should i do to be able to get songs on my ipod

IPODLOVER
Unregistered guest
hi, i just got i pod mini, connected it to pc using windows XP,its rebooting but it has took around 20 mins so far, is this normal,

any help will be great thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3335
no that is not normal. Did you install iTunes before connecting the iPod? You have to install iTunes first.

Anonymous

when i was trying to get the ipod mini software downloaded onto my computer it keeps saying error 1306 or 1603. what does that mean???

Lizzie
Unregistered guest
Installation of software query.
Just got the new 20gb colour ipod and have had problems with it being incorrectly formatted. The installation CD has a sticker saying don't connect the ipod until you've installed the software. However, the installation process prompts you to connect the ipod whilst still in the process of installing the software and to opt not to restart the PC automatically. Does anyone know which is correct?

***starz***
Unregistered guest
hey,
i had an ipod 20gb until the battery went crazy, so i brought it in to get fixed but i had a warrenty on it so they just gave me a new ipod but i paid the difference and got a new 60gb photo one instead. anyways whenever i try to put music on my new ipod, my computer recognizes it but itunes doesnt. what can i do to fix this?

greenipodman
Unregistered guest
Could you please help me Berny? I have purchased an Ipod Mini 6GB recently and when trying to install the Itunes Software, error messages appear halfway saying error 1406-Could not write value to key\Software\Classes\.cdda\OpenWithList\itunes.exe and then when i click ignore another error-1402 comes up Could not open key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\classes\.cdda\openwithprogids.after this error 1603 appears-Fatal error during installation,what should i do please help- i cant use my ipod???

Unregistered guest
could you please help me? when i play a certain album, halfway or three quaters through the song it suddenly moves onto the next song... please help me!!!!!!

daryus
Unregistered guest
oh yeah! im using 1000 song ipod mini

Unregistered guest
Guys i have found the solution to the "my @$#%ing ipod keeps rebooting" problem. Yes this happend to me aswell. This usally occures becuase of a faulty usb/firewire slot on your computer, more likeley to be a usb rather the firewire as usb is sh!t..... Ok so as far as i know this error happends in the stage where the ipod is formatting and windows attmepts to reboot it.....At this stage all the ipod does is contiously reboot...Now at this point in time your thinking "sh!t what a waste of $450 (australia)" and the stupid pr!cks your bought your ipod off wont help you and they tell you to ring Apple. which will take about 2 months for them to return your ipod if your lucky. ok so enought of the stories

The fix your ipod you have to find a usb port on you computer that you know works, then open the install program located on your ipod CD when it askes for you to format your Ipod again go into the Ipod diagnostic's by holding |<< and menu and the same time for a couple seconds. this will bring you into and ugly looking screen. then select diskmode from the menu and quickly plug your ipod into the functioning usb port. or you could do all the above while having the ipod connected (i better idea i would say)if every thing goes smoothly your ipod should be found by windows. you may now format your ipod and restore it with the ipod updater. if you get any errors while trying to format or set up your pc for your ipod then you know you have a faulty usb port.... I hope this helps.. i know what is like to have a malfunctioning Ipod.. ive had two in 1 day so far... if anyone else wants to speek to me about this problem please dont hesitate to mail me

jaredman
Unregistered guest
Hey Bernie, Ive been using my ipod 40 gig for a few months now and just the other night when i plugged it in to my computer(xp) it wasnt detected by anything the computer or itunes so i cant upload any more songs on it, it still charges when pluged into comp.
Not sure what to do can you please help??

voxzoy
Unregistered guest
hey, i fixed my problem of just the apple logo showing on the screen!
the trick is to hold it in your hand, squeeze real tightly
aim your ipod at the desk
bring down ipod and stab it into the desk as hard as possible, (a dull thud should be heard)
the ipod will be severly damaged and miraculously start working perfectly normally as mine did!
so there u go, force is how do fix stuff

Unregistered guest
after working for two weeks, my ipod mini icon does not appear in the source list even though it is connected in the usb port as always...can someone help?

Unregistered guest
after working for two weeks, my ipod mini icon does not appear in the source list even though it is connected in the usb port as always...can someone help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3388
jaredman
Did you plug in any other peripherals to the usb? Another drive perhaps? A removable hard drive?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3389
jared & ylisto
go here
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61711

Jaredman
Unregistered guest
Hey Bernie thanks for getting back to me, i just remembered now that you mentioned it i plugged my mates iriver (USB) into my comp to get some songs off it and next time i plugged my ipod in it didnt recognize it, what do ya reckon?

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
Hey,
I am trying to download the iTunes disc to my Windows XP computer and it always says could not fisnish due to InstallShiel or sumthing. Then i tried downloading it again and it said i have to run Setup.exe. What do i do to download the iTunes disc so i can put songs onto my iPod?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3435
Jared,
Go to iTunes and make sure that you authorize your computer to detect the different iPod. Each iPod you plug in to the PC will have a unique ID and if your computer is not authorized to use multiple iPods you will have a problem.

Go to apple.com website and it will show you how to use multiple iPods on one PC.

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
I am getting the error message that AsH, Bringer Of Darkness was getting

Gold Member

Post Number: 3437
What is your operating system?

whatdoido
Unregistered guest
whats that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums