Logik HDD33 HELP

Unregistered guest
My Uncle bought one, and it wouldn't turn on. Now with the new one, the message we get after two hours from uploading the songs, is to "reinstall f/w" but I don't know what it means or how to do it. Help me, please.

Anonymous

It means you must reinstall the firmware. Consult the manual.

ant_z
Unregistered guest
does anybody knows where i can get that firmware for this logik hdd33? is there any link where i can one of this?.

Unregistered guest
how do i do that f/w reinstall it keeps sayin it and i cant find where 2 do it plz HELP!!

Unregistered guest
how do i do that f/w reinstall it keeps sayin it and i cant find where 2 do it plz HELP!!

Unregistered guest
i need help with the f/w reinstall

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest

louise cutler
Unregistered guest
mine is saying reinstall firmware too and i am aware of how to do this, by using the jukebox restore tool and selecting which drive your mp3 player is attached to, i do this but a 'runtime error' comes up!! anyone know what i should do? apart from trying to exchange it for another one and being told no other dixons has them in stock in my area!!!

Unregistered guest
My mum and dad got me one but we cannot download the music it says it is downloading and when we play it there is no music on it

joanne 2
Unregistered guest
i need to delete files and songs but i dont know how to

joanne 2
Unregistered guest

joanne 2
Unregistered guest

Steve Mcqueen
Unregistered guest
Hopefully I may be able to help with a few of these questions as I have one and after many hours of trying to get it to work properly, it seems to be working fine now.

The key to this player is that it has many little (annoying?) nuances:

1. The firmware is on the CD (Jukebox Restore) and will only properly work on computers with Win '98SE and anything later. Always turn the player on first and when it has started up fully then you can plug in the USB connector to the top of the player. I got the Runtime error when I was using a comp with only Win'98 installed.

2. To download songs onto the player from Windows Media, insert your CD and you need to Rip the songs onto your computers hard drive (in Windows Media 10 there is a tab at the top for this).

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT (THROUGH THE OPTIONS MENU HERE) TAHT YOU ARE CONVERTING (RIPPING) THE CD AS MP3'S.

Once a CD has been 'ripped' you can 'Sync' (tab at the top) these with the 'Jukebox' (your player). When you turn your player on, all of these songs will appear in the EXPLORER option on the player's menu. **I would love to know if anyone knows a way to put these on the player so that they appear in the 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc, sections too?**

3. If the player appears 'stuck, frozen etc. Press the buttons 'Play', 'Menu' and 'Select' simultaneously and he player will re-set - this has so ar cured any big problems I have come across (especially with trying to Install Firmware etc.)

4. You can view all of the info on the player by going to 'My Computer' and looking in 'Jukebox' treating just like a regular hard disk (you can even store other unrelated files for transfer on it if you wish).

Hope this make sense, if anyone has any other questions, I will try to answer them as I know how frustrating this player is.

Paddy Dale
Unregistered guest
For some reason mine will only play certain songs. It seems to play the songs from CDs i've put on my comp. recently but the one that have been on for a few months just don't play. Is there an easy way round this coz i dont want to have to put on Cds again, that'd take too long

ktodat
Unregistered guest
Thank you so much for the Play Menu Select thing. I thought I was going to have to buy a new one!!!

Unregistered guest
I got one from PCWorld online, and the charger won't work. When I rang them, they tell me it is now out of stock and they don't stock the charger separately. I will have to return it for a refund, and purchase another one instead. They were nice about it, but I could sure do without the bother.

Kreg
Unregistered guest
Its really not what it says on the tin! Logik? I have spent THREE evenings tryin to work out why when it shows there ARE song stored on the mp3, when lookin @ it as a hard drive via "my computer", the Logik tells me there is only "1 song" stored. When u search thru the menu longin to see/hear the albums u find nothin but an empty dust town! Why can't i find the tunes which my pc tells me are on my "juke box"?

Unregistered guest
oh dear the previous comments explain all i bought the hdd33 for my daughter for xmas downloaded about 2 gigs worth of mp3s couldnt find them straight away then they were on explorer when the player is turned off then back on it doesnt start were you left off but picks the same tawaian sounding song you cant access the previous loaded songs untill you access the awkward menu system.later in the day switched on no songs anywere explorer or outherwise although when pluged into the pc all the songs are there and play via the pc any way did sound ok. but wouldnt recommend ,off to currys now for a refund

Unregistered guest
oh dear the previous comments explain all i bought the hdd33 for my daughter for xmas downloaded about 2 gigs worth of mp3s couldnt find them straight away then they were on explorer when the player is turned off then back on it doesnt start were you left off but picks the same tawaian sounding song you cant access the previous loaded songs untill you access the awkward menu system.later in the day switched on no songs anywere explorer or outherwise although when pluged into the pc all the songs are there and play via the pc any way did sound ok. but wouldnt recommend ,off to currys now for a refund

Unregistered guest

Wilster141
Unregistered guest
my problem is after i have attempted to format my player it comes up on my pc that windows could not complete the re-formatting and that the removable disk it cannot be formatted and when i turn on my mp3 player it says hdd format error can anyone plz help!!!

Wilster141
Unregistered guest
my problem is after i have attempted to format my player it comes up on my pc that windows could not complete the re-formatting and that the removable disk cannot be formatted and when i turn on my mp3 player it says hdd format error can anyone plz help!!!

Wilster141
Unregistered guest
my problem is after i have attempted to format my player it comes up on my pc that windows could not complete the re-formatting and that the removable disk cannot be formatted and when i turn on my mp3 player it says hdd format error can anyone plz help!!!

Wilster141
Unregistered guest

Wilster
Unregistered guest
my problem is when i try to format my mp3 player it comes up that windows was unable to complete the formatting and that it cannot format the removable disk n the drive and when i turn on my mp3 player it comes up hdd format error can someone plz help!!!

Anonymous

Try using the AudioPhile software included on the CD to copy files to the player, you should then be able to browse by Artist etc. When I tried using media player, it copied data to the wrong folder on the player. You can use windows explorer to move the files from "music" to "my music", this should allow you to play them using the explorer tool on the player.
Once you figure out how to use the thing it works great, but it can take a while to work it all out!!

Unregistered guest
I've got the F/W problem but I still can't solve it I put the CD in and then plugs my MP3 in and then did the Jukebox resturation tool but it's still saying I need to reinstall and that doesn't fit with the instructions with the manual anyway, which don't make any sense. It said to click on the reinstall F/W button but there isn't one. It's driving me crazy I got this from my parents only a few days ago for christmas

Unregistered guest
Well I think this MP3 player is cack a doodle do!! I hate it. Cant put songs on via windows explorer as it doesnt seem to update. When I plug it in the musicmatch cacky jukebox doesnt always recognise it. My Audiophile thing never works - just reverts to sending an error report even tho its been uninstalled and reinstalled etc Bah its pants and i never want to see it again.

Anonymous

yeh u can all have your moan but im going to lay it straight.
when i got it at christmas it took a while to get it working which was annoying. but now it does and the sound quality is great. its really fast putting music on it. the battery lasts for a long time. but there are some things i dont like. it takes ages to turn on. and the software puts all the music into one massive folder so its really hard to find certain songs in the folder to take off on other computers. and the letters on the front have started to peel off a bit but that doesnt matter to much.
other than that i really like it and i think for the money its great!!!

Unregistered guest
I'm having real trouble with my HDD33! I've finnaly got all my music on there after spending all xmas and boxing day finding out how to do it! Now 2 weeks later, the display doesn't work!!! The backlight still comes on but thats about it. it still plays music but i have to hazzard a guess as to what album it is! Anyone else having that problem? Plus the instruction book isn't much help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 5
Unregistered guest
squirrel 12
I had the same problem. Wasted 48hours of my life. Never again. Would'nt work at home, or work. Crashed my computer too.I took it back, told Curry's that someone had bought me a present I did not ask for. Got my money and bought a Cashemere jacket reduced in the sale.

Rodders
Unregistered guest
Total rubbish - bought my wife HDD33 for Christmas - both my son and myself have spent hours trying to figure it out with no success - songs appear to sync in the windows media jukebox field but nothing appears on the device when disconnected - yet I can play them via the device when connected to the PC - where are they? I'm taking it back to currys.

WillMaxwell
Unregistered guest
Reinstalling the firmware (f/w) is easy.

Go to Audiofile. Press reinstall firmware.

Then go to Program files, then restore (assuming you've installed the restore tool from the disk).

You will see theres a .bin file in there, open that up and it will reinstall the firmware for you.

MikeyC
Unregistered guest
Hi, anyone know why songs in WMA format (i.e. one's copied from CD's) don't play, they just skip to the next one? The instructions say it plays MP3 and WMA songs so how do you make WMA's play?! Would much appreciate any help on this matter cos i want to copy cd's onto it via the computer as well as download mp3's.

Unregistered guest
These mp3 players are not worth the hastle. From Curry's I managed to get a 1 GIG mp3 player which has a colour lcd screen and also when emtpy can hold 4 hours of video.

RC Master
Unregistered guest
Rodders, you need to put the music files into the 'mymusic' folder on the player. Then they will show up in the explorer. simple as that.

MikeyC make sure they not Protected WMAs. In Windows media Player go to 'tools' 'options' then click on the 'rip music' tab. Make sure that the 'copy protect music' box is UNCHECKED. the player cannot play protected wmas without transferring them with the licence.

This is a great little player once you figure it out. But it is rather annoying to figure out first.

Unregistered guest
its aboslutely doing my head in now. my logik hdd33 freezes and switches off whenever it chooses. i tried to get a refund but according to the idiots at Currys i cant. Daylight robery i tell you. can someone email me a solution please because i dont want it anymore. i think ill have to pay extra and get an ipod nano. thats another 60quid ive got to fork out. please email me at bigshep123@msn.com many thanks

MikeyC
Unregistered guest
Thanks very much for your help RC Master, seems to be working now!

Bigshep a comment made by Steve Mcqueen may help ease your frustration slightly: "If the player appears 'stuck, frozen etc. Press the buttons 'Play', 'Menu' and 'Select' simultaneously and he player will re-set - this has so far cured any big problems I have come across (especially with trying to Install Firmware etc.)"

Pissed
Unregistered guest
I am f***ing annoyed its been one problem after another and now it says i have a "HDD access error" and it wont show up on my comp

Anonymous

To all the folks who copy files onto the player using windows explorer. I do it this way cos its faster but once you've done it you still have to go into audiophile and click the Rebuild Database button. Once that's done all the files will show on your player menu.

Anonymous

personaly I think people need to learn how to use computers. Im 14 and it took me ten minutes on christmas day to get everything loaded up and set up. And the only problem I have had with this is the 2 times it has frozen, but I did the play menu select thing to reset it. Seriously people, learn.

Unregistered guest
Incase anyone is having problems with the firmware, I have just found a solution.

1)Put the driver/utility cd in your drive and install the restore utility to somewhere you will be able to find.
2)Plug your drive into your pc so that the drive letter comes up.
3)Go to the Jukebox drive
4)Go to My Music
5)Go to the DB folder (it is hidden so you might have to change your folder options)
6)Rename the file that is in there - "cSpiFw.bin", just call it "copy of cSpiFw.bin" or something.
7)Go to the folder where you saved the restore utility to - the default is "c:\program files\restore"
8)Find the "cSpiFw.bin" file in this folder and copy it onto the Logik drive db folder
9)Disconnect and restart the Logik drive - should work ok.

This worked fine for me but I can't guarantee it will work for everyone (or indeed not break your player, although I think this is very unlikely).
If you follow my instructions it should be fine but if you are still stuck after doing so then you can contact me via email and I might be able to help although this mp3 player is not mine and am upgrading it for a friend so I will be giving it back tomorrow, so if it's a month down the line I might not remember!

Anonymous

Does anybody knows where i can get that firmware for the logik hdd33? is there any link where i can get one of this?.

Anonymous

The firmware is on the CD (Jukebox Restore)Does anybody knows where i can get that CD for the logik hdd33? is there any link where i can get the CD. Mail 013-151030@comhem.se

Username: Mattmcg101

Post Number: 1
ive got the same Player, and now it comes up with the stupid message saying reinstall F/W software or somethin like that, anyone know what i have to do to get it working???? cheers

Username: Falcaoneti

HI, i got a LOGIK HDD33 MP3 and i have a problem with firmware(F/W). I "now" that i need to reinstall firmware, but i can`t find the CD RESTORE to do that.
If anyone know where i can get a new software CD or where i can find the software please email me at aantonior@sapo.pt.
many thanks

Username: Paulcarr

Hello.

I've got Logik HDD33 player. I transferred some mp3 files to it. For some reason, some of the mp3 files are working and others aren't. Why is this? I would greatly appreciate it, if someone could post a list of possible reasons for this..

Thank you.

Paul Carr

Username: Adamhinch123

Bradford, West Yorkshire UK

If anyone owns a Logik HDD33 can you please tell me if they have backlights so you can see the screen in the dark.
thanks

Username: Holly160189

Jjtgjhtf, Ghfghfgh Ghfhfyh

has anybody got a copy of the Logik HDD33 driver as i hve lost mine?

please attach a copy of this software and send it to

00hoyouds@pensbyhigh.wirral.sch.uk

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us