Durabrand md 130 mp3 player

Username: Retribution03

Post Number: 1
Hi folks got one of the above today and plugged it into my pc to download some music to it and i cant.
there is no applications to it and the driver disk it comes with just adds an upgrade program a converter and a tool disk app but nowhere to download songs to and sometimes my pc doesnt even know its there.im am running win98.can anyone please shed some light for me because i am well and truly in the dark.
Cheers
Ret

R-Mar
Unregistered guest
You might want to try updating your operating system to Windows XP, as lot of MP3 players weren't designed to operate very effectively with anything less. My brother bought one of the very same Durabrand MD130 players (Asda, £14.99?) for his stepson and had no trouble transferring songs from the PC directly into the player, simply dragging files from their source directory and dropping them into the player using Windows Explorer (the computer should read the player as an additional drive in "My Computer" perhaps titled as something along the lines of "Removable Disk"). I've decided to use the same method of transferring files into my new Logik HDD33, as I've heard the software that comes bundled with the player is absolute garbage.

Unregistered guest
hiya I am in same postion as ian and have bought a md-130 for my son for xmas. have been advised to use the bear share software for downloading the music but cannot get the music download into the mp3 player from the bearshare software. I am still running win 98. There must be some way to get this sorted. any ideas ?

Anonymous

I have bought one of these from asda and know nothing about them! I dragged music files in explorer to the removeable device and they were all there but when i turn it on nothing will play. Are there different music files than normal or what?

Nic_&_Harry
Unregistered guest
We're in the same position as you - know nothing about mp3 players and now have the christmas presents open and no idea how to make them work. Thought you'd just put in the CD and follow the instructions!! Obviously a bit more to it. Can we download decent software for free from any other sites? We think (!) we're running windows xp.

Unregistered guest
right er i got one of these for christmas yesterday. woo hoo.
err you can sycronize songs from media player (windows) to the device by plugging it into the computer obviously. the computer should recognise the device and allow you to explore it through the media player. click the explore device button at bottom of playlist. this will display what is already on the device... i got a crazy japanese tune. err you can remove this by right clicking on it.
so if you create a playlist you can then select all the songs in the playlist and add them to the sync list. then click start sync. this will then convert if needed and send the music to the device. my only problem is that it just puts them on in any old order it feels like.
the instructions descibe the switch with the padlock on the mp3 player in some weird way. but later i find that its just the hold button, like a key lock (so you cant skip, pause etc. when the hold is locked.
hope this helps.

jenie
Unregistered guest
ok we also got one of these programmes and again cannot download anything onto the mp3 player. the computer isnt even recognising it. has anyone got any ideas at all about how to fix this? were using winXP so it isnt that :S

GeeDee
Unregistered guest
same problem. am running on XP but player isn't even being recognised. and if it's not being recognised, how are you supposed to download music to it?? is there a driver which we could download? or do we just throw the things back in the direction from which they came and demand a refund? somebody, somewhere must know.

Username: Swissmiss1979

Same problem as the many above - I have Windows XP but I can't find the MP3 player to tranfer songs onto it - my computer initially recognised it and said new hardware found but other than that I can't find it. not really sure what the converter thing is supposed to do either as it says songs direct from a CD are incompatible?!! how on earth are you supposed to get this thing to work?!?!

I've tried the Windows Media Player method as mentioned above but as I can't find the MP3 player - it isn't listed as a removable device.

This is obviously a common problem - someone must be able to help!!!!

Th3Guyver
Unregistered guest
Well a friend of mine got thier kids these for xmas, put the cd in the drive, spun up, did "something" (wasnt there when they put the cd in the drive) and then it made the cd rom vanish! about 5 mins later it blue screened and rebooted and has done ever since!

In desperation (i.e kids nagging to get music on mp3 players) they took the stuff round another friends, and exactly the same thing has happened!! I would ask if anyone else has had this problem, but those who have probably have not got a usable computer to reply!

What does the disc actually install/do for you?

Both machines were xp home btw.

leeds rhino
Unregistered guest
sucess after about 3 attempts and many hours.ive found its hit and miss recognising the damn thing.(im on xp).ive found unplugging usb then rebooting comp seems to work (i tried this a couple of times though )i then went into limewire music files and right clicked song then copy to cd or device. this then led me into windows media files,clicked drop down list which gave me external device,clicked this and copy .then my comp told me it was write protected(which it wasn,t sigh!)so i ended up rebooting again grrrrr then i finally got some songs on it yahoooooooo oh and theres a really weird japanese sounding music on it which i deleted 1st.hope this is of help to you folks cheers.

leeds rhino
Unregistered guest
think ive got the hang of it now,if it doesn,t work 1st time i definately recommend unplugging from usb port restarting comp then plugging in and trying again.ive just converted a track from a cd to mp3 format and loaded it onto the player with no problems.i also moved the little switch with padlock emblem to (unlocked)and put the on off switch to on,i also had my battery in though it should make no difference but it worked so hey ho try all of the above and it may just work.

n1c0la
Unregistered guest
how do you convert files from cd to mp3 format?? had this thing 3 weeks and i seem to be getting songs recognised on it but then it will not play!!

Unregistered guest
when i try to send mp3 files off my cd to my mp3 player it refuses to do it and says remove write protected, what have i got to do. windows media player is telling me this.

Mandy Mason
Unregistered guest
Hi...this MD130 seems to be driving everyone crazy!!! but finally!! after making up a mp3 folder in my music of the songs i wanted to put on mp3 player.....all i done was right click on the folder and move down to send to....then moved down to removable drive (E or F etc)...the file was then sent to device and hey presto....MUSIC!!!!!!! (only took my a few hours and finding this forum)!!!!! HOPE THIS IS ALL UNDERSTANDABLE AND GOOD LUCK!!! mandy.xx

lost12345
Unregistered guest
i havnt even got the disc for this can someone upload it too rapishare or some place like that???

Unregistered guest
i got a durabrand md 130 mp3 for christmas and was dead chuffed little was i to know that (a) i had no instructions and had to suss out how to put music onto it using real player and windows xp, and (b) the music stops after a few seconds does anybody know why? arhhh its driving me crazy i wanted this mp3 before i upgraded to a better model i think this is putting me off

Unregistered guest
i got a durabrand md 130 mp3 for christmas and was dead chuffed little was i to know that (a) i had no instructions and had to suss out how to put music onto it using real player and windows xp, and (b) the music stops after a few seconds does anybody know why? arhhh its driving me crazy i wanted this mp3 before i upgraded to a better model i think this is putting me off

Dumbangel
Unregistered guest
I've just managed to dowload tracks to the MD 130 for the first time. Go to My Computer then into View System Information and then Hardware then to Device Manager. Look for Wallmart device and make sure the driver is installed. Mine said it was but wasn't until i did this. Then use your Windows Media Player. If you haven't got one install for free. Click on sync and it will show MP3 player. All you do then is create a playlist and click sync. It should work mine did. If you then want to erase tracks go to My Computer and you will see it listed under removable device. Click on it and then erase the files. Good luck!

martinthehibbie
Unregistered guest
Durabrand MD - 130.
Have managed to put music on to it 3 times. The problem seems to be the computer recognising it. It worked fine the first time. took about 5 attemts to wipe the second time. Now I can only play the same stuff that's on it as the computor wont recognise it. The disc that comes with it is useless. I think I am going to put the whole thing in the dustin. I suppose you get what you pay for. A cheap and nasty heap of crap.

Annoyed Mum!
Unregistered guest
I'm now getting extremely annoyed - first I found that my device wasn't recognised, then I loaded and reload the drivers because it says the device isn't working properly. Then I reboot and reboot and finally, after wasting £15 I've thrown it in the bin. Total waste of money and has put me off - though this is the second "cheep" thing I've bought from this company and none of the buggers work!!

Anonymous

COULD ****** some one please upload the disc that comes with the mp3 player too send the songs too it,.. use rapidshare or megauploads,.. im sure the file cant be more then 50mb big,.. would ony take 15minzs on a 2mb line to upload it ********

Scotty Boy
Unregistered guest
Yo Guys. Just bought one of these as a gift and wanted to add tracks. I too started off unable to transfer tracks but think I sussed it

a) Be running Windows XP
b) Switch player on
c) Insert into USB
d) Let Windows Detect and install
e) Player should appear as removable drive in 'My Computer'

When ready to transfer files. Ensure that the on/off switch in is the off position and the lock switch in the unlock position. Files can be transferred via Explorer in the normal drag/drop , copy/paste manner.

Drageda
Unregistered guest
HELP, have tried everything, but will not work, any suggestions, have 4 removal disk icons on PC already, do not know which one is for MP3 player

Chris Lamb
Unregistered guest
My MD-130 works fine as a USB memeory stick on a WinXP laptop. I can move mp3 files to and from it no problem. I can also play the mp3 on it via Media Player.
BUT it refuses to play anything alone as an MP3 player.
Has amyone got any idea on how to fix this?
Is there a restet button that "restarts" the MP3 player bit this this device?
Please let me know before I take this back for a refund.

Mad_Marie
Unregistered guest
I have had the exact seem probs wiv my Durabrand MD-130. It isn't reconizing that the mp3 player i plugged in and it's not in themy computer part. is there any way u can download windows xP from the net or summit?

TrekVet
Unregistered guest
I`ve just got it to work OK. I have XP. Did not use driver disk. Do as Scotty Boy (4 posts up) says, although I used Windows Media Player 9 to change cd files to wma -
put cd in drive,
click Copy from CD,
select the tracks u want using the ticks,
click the red Copy Music button along top,
tracks will copy as wma`s to a folder (go Tools, Options, Copy Music),
use My Computer to find folder,
select tracks (top, hold down SHIFT, bottom),
click Copy to selected device,
find device,
and over they`ll go.

You can buy Windows XP, try web - Microsoft?, but last time I looked it was UKP76. A few cans of beer are cheaper!

Unregistered guest
i'm having problems finding my device in the list, as u can easily burn cd's but has a link to the website when u need to select the device the link on the other hand is useless. :-(

Username: Ouisey

I've tried loads of times to get this MP3 player to work. Downloads the files no problemo but refuses to play them. Tried WMAs and MP3s. Got no receipt so going to appeal to Asda's better nature tomorrow. Swerve it and get a better one from somewhere else!

Username: Jellybean35

Davie, Fl Maimi

listen i need to know how to put music on my md i already download open juke and mini simple burner for md but it keeps saying that the disc is full what do i do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us