Logik hd33 mp3 player. HELP please!

Username: Emmitt

Post Number: 1
howyw? i am the proud owner of a logik hdd33 mp3 player and i cant get the damn thing to work. the computer programmmes ( music match 9 + windows media 9) claimed it works with dont recognise it anytime i try hook it up to my pc.
any one have a clue why?
cheers

sam bond
Unregistered guest
i have a logic mp3 aswell but my 1 is always telling me to re-format i mean i went on the computer bit and selected FAT and then quick re-format but nothing it came up saying re-formatting incomplete so itryed doin a normal formatting and after a while i gave up it was taking way too long i mean i was sat there for like 40mins i am soooooo stuck i nearly punched the screen i just wanna listen to some god dambed songs
HELP ME PLZ!!!

sam bond
Unregistered guest
it still isnt reformatting i mean guys help me here plz

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2306
What type of memory system does it utilize? Flash based, or hard drive based? It sounds like the latter to me, which indicates a bad hard drive.

andrew davidson
Unregistered guest
I bought one of these 2 days ago. I can't make it work properly either. Audiophile crashes, Musicmatch copies trax in the wrong order, mwa or Ogg files copied from my hard disc play fine on my PC but badly on HDD33. Now when I turn on it's says 'access error'. The jukebox restore tool won't recognise the device drive so that won't work either. I've had 48 hours total hell and fear it's a gremlin-ridden piece of junk and am taking it back to the shop as soon as I can. I'm not a novice either -- worked for BBC Radio. Please take it back/demand a refund/sue but DON'T think it's your fault or endure anymore stress. It 'aint worth it.

Unregistered guest
Hi Guys,
I am also a proud owner of the Logik HDD33.
Although I have worked with computers for more than 25 years, this menu thing from the manual baffles me.
I was succesful in putting the music on the hard drive, it's all there.
Just to start playing your songs you have to work your way through God knows how many menus. And they don't really explain things very well like for example "scroll". That apparently is the FF button but nobody tells you, and so on.
I have tried to find a manufacturer to see if they have some better manual or to update the firmware.
I can only find sellers, no manufacturer. Anybody else luck???
Greetings, Hans

Unregistered guest
Hey
thinkin of buyin the Logik HDD33:-
can any1 recommend it???

damien_uk
Unregistered guest
hi there
i have also brought one of these.
i have found that if you just drag and drop tracks using explorer then it works fine. i did try to use the programs that came on the cd but they were s**t, and crashed the player.
as for the menu, it could be a bit simpler but i thought the manual expained it ok.
all in all i dont think its a bad mps player for how much it cost.

damien

Miz1966
Unregistered guest
I bought a Logik HDD33 last thursday, couldn't get the software to download onto my laptop and it kept freezing, so I returned it to the shop where the manager argued with me saying it was my computer that wasn't right. After a while I finally got my money back I don't want to see one of those for a long time.

ChrisEssery
Unregistered guest
I bought a Logik HDD33 to days ago, I've got it to load music, although having touble playing back what I want it to play, it seems to have a mind of its own. Now its just frozen on me, the screen is lit, data displayed and I can't turn it off! I've pressed everything, there is no way of turning it off. The battery is fully charged so I suppose I'll have to wait for it to go flat!!
I wish I'd not bought it, judging by previous comments the omens are BAD

R-Mar
Unregistered guest
This thread doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, as I'm aware that my mother has purchased me a Logik HDD33 as my main christmas present. However, I had (and now definitely have) no intention of using the software that comes bundled with the player, as in my experience, most software that comes with USB devices like MP3 players is absolutely rubbish. The joy of hard-disk MP3 players is that they aren't dependent on specific installers or applications to allow you to transfer music from your PC into the player. In most instances, simply connecting the player to the PC via the USB cable and dragging files into it using Windows Explorer is all that's required. To anyone who's having trouble with their Logik HDD33, just abandon the software that came bundled with it, uninstall it, and fall back on the good old fashioned 'drag and drop' method - its far simpler and easier to deal with, more reliable, and saves a lot of hassle.

Sean At Redhill
Unregistered guest
In reply to Andrew Davidson, it does clearly say that the player only works with MP3 and WMA. If your WMA tracks aren't working, and if you used media player to convert the tracks from a CD, make sure they are not copied using 'Variable Bitrate' - this will use up less space on your computer, but will not work using portable devices. I'm hopeing to get one of these for Christmas, so pray to God it works!

Daglesj
Unregistered guest
I bought one of these a few weeks ago. Whilst the user interface is typically 'lost in translation' for the money I cant really fault it.

I couldnt get the music to organise properly either so instead I have 25 albums ripped at 256k sitting in a names folder each and I can only access then using the Explorer mode. However, as I said before its great for the price and the sound quality is good too with decent volume. Seems a 3.3Gb microdive usually costs around £140 so the cost is pretty good. Anyone stripped one down just for the drive?

peteloaf
Unregistered guest
i bought one 2 weeks back and had to retrn it with a faulty battery/charger and a problem with wanting the firmware reinstalled every time it went flat. dixons replaced it, i pluged the new one in charged it fully, transferred all my files again, popped the headphones in and nothing came out, it wasn't the phones cos they worked fine on my stereo, i can only conclude this is a cheap nasty piece of crap, and my shiny new 1gb creative muvo tx is in my ears now pumping a considerably more ballsy sound through better headphones with better battery life and a better menu, better.. well just better really.
don't be fooled by the sub- £80 price tag, it's RUBBISH! and the lack of ny online support is not exactly confidence inspiring

stressed mum
Unregistered guest
have just oredered one of these for my 12 year old, thinking of taking it straight back to shop unopened, as i don't want the hassle of it breaking on xmas day. anyone had probs returning stuff ? is there any point in keeping it or should i just get a 1gb replacement for the same money ? any reccomendations ? thinking about creative, or sony.

help please?
Unregistered guest
mines frozen so i reset it, but now it wont turn on or conect to my computer it says its not reconized , what do i do?

1Lillie1
Unregistered guest
My thing froze aswell for some reason. i had to wait for it to go flat. Then i tried again and it worked.
The other problem is that i cant download music on it from those programms (Audio Phile and Musicmatch). It keeps on saying that the player is not turnes in. Can somebody PLEASE suggest me something else i can use instead to drug music onto my mp3 player??

ant_z
Unregistered guest
i bought the same stuff a week ago. thought a nice one. but when i reformat it, an try to open up, it seems looking for " please reinstall f/w "
what the heck !!! .... i nearly throw it out of the window.
can pls somebody help me with it....

ClairTodd
Unregistered guest
Ok,
It says Please reinstall F/W.
Fine.
I followed the manual, but when you click on F/W Update button, then what???? If I don't know what the Heck I'm meant to be doing, how on earth do I know where to find the F/W???
Please help, or I'm taking it back to the shop!

Unregistered guest
I have just got one of those HDD33, and i have the problem that I cant get it to work in anyway. I cant even get the files from the cd installed, and when I try to get songs on the device (when the device is avallible), the play comes with either "reinstall F/W" or "HDD format error", when I connect it to my computer, I have to re-format the drive - is there anyone out in the wide world who can help me?

Unregistered guest
ClairTodd when it says re-install the F/W it means you deleted some files you need on the cd there is a program to restore it. All you have to do is insert the cd that came with it, install the program "JukeBox Restore Tool", plug in your HDD33, run jukebox restore tool(Start>All programs>JukeBox restore Tool>JukeBox Restor Tool), select the drive(the letter seen in My Computer) from the dropdown menu on the program, then leave it. In a few seconds it will say "Bye-Bye" in a pop-up message and its fixed.

By the way I got one this christmas and it has worked fine.... So far *gulps*

Scatup
Unregistered guest
Bought 2 of these for Christmas for my children. Have been trying to get them working all day so far! On one, the back light comes on and nothing else! On the other, we have managed to put music on it and we can see it but not listen to it! Is anyone happy with them? Who can you contact to get them fixed? Can't find a website.

Unregistered guest
HELP!
I have had a Logik HDD33 MP3 for a christmas present and at first I had trouble with finding the files I had downloaded onto my MP3 player, sencondly I then had trouble with a message saying 'Please reinstall the F/W'. Thanks to Tim Stableford I have managed to fix this, but now I have another problem. When I turned on the MP3 after reinstalling the F/W I noticed that the screen was difficult to see because the light was very weak, even though the battery charge indicator is showing 3/4 full. What is happening? Please help!

carlyman
Unregistered guest
I cant get the damn light to work on my hdd33! I make the thing to have it on but nothing happens!!
any one, please help!:-)

Just a guest
Unregistered guest
I got one of these today and so far have been very happy with it... apart from the lack of any support online!

Everything seems to be working fine but I'll be keeping my documents just in case...

Mike-Plymouth
Unregistered guest
When trying to select music which has been copied across using Windows MP10, I cannot get past the ALL>> message. Tried going in via Artists albums etc but all I get is as far as "ALL>>". Any idea what I need to do?

john- wiltshire
Unregistered guest
i have the same problem with not being able to pass the ALL>> message, the music appears to be transferring to the player but cannot be seen or heard the information screen says there are no songs though when viewing the harddrive through my computer it appears to be identifying some on the unit.this is a very poor player and shortly on its way back to currys!

Cathy - norfolk
Unregistered guest
i have the same problem too, windows media player 10 appears to be putting the music onto it but it doesnt come up and all i get is "ALL>>" so i cant listen to anything. its really annoying so does anyone know what to do?!

tom jenkins
Unregistered guest
any idea why when i transfer the tracks on the the hd33 it looses the track order and plays alpahbetical not via track number. audeiophile just seems s**t

Unregistered guest
And I thought this mp3 was great on the first day I got it, it froze leaving me having to wait hours for the battery flat. When it finaly did after charging it came up "Please Re-install F/W" which I have done, and that got it working fine again. Just thought it might help for a few of you having the same problem.

Mike-Plymouth
Unregistered guest
Just tried transferring music using Audiophile. This appears to work ok. But is not as user friendly. It puts it into a file K2. So tried to drag and drop using windows into k2, but this did not work..... so it looks like it must be Audiophile!!

Unregistered guest
mine is saying reinstall firmware and i am aware of how to do this, by using the jukebox restore tool and selecting which drive your mp3 player is attached to, i do this but a 'runtime error' comes up!! anyone know what i should do? apart from trying to exchange it for another one and being told no other dixons has them in stock in my area!!! please help!!

SamB
Unregistered guest
tom jenkins
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 08:23 am:
any idea why when i transfer the tracks on the the hd33 it looses the track order and plays alpahbetical not via track number. audeiophile just seems s**t

^^^^^^^

That's because the ID3 tags on your mp3s don't have a track number in them. Right click on the mp3 file, click properties, advanced, then put the track number in the right place. It's not audiophile/the player's fault.

SaraT
Unregistered guest
i got the logik hdd33 yesterday so have just started putting music on it, and it says that it has reach its full capacity, but i only have 333 songs on it, thats like 1.3Gb or so. the mp3 is 3.3Gb.... anyone any idea where the other 2Gb has gone??? thanks in advance

Unregistered guest
Well, i have read all these messages and it looks like that I have same problems in HDD33! First, when i tried to put music on that there were only "ALL" and nothing else! And after a while i noticed i had all my computers music in that damn mp3! and then when i tried to get they off i don't know how to! because there doesn't read nowhere "how you can delete music"! luckily i noticed that when you "reboot" it, it works better. And second, the damn audiophile doesn't work or media player or musicmatch. and the computer shows that the damn thing is only 3,7 gb! it's cheating. and i'm becoming crazy because it was my christmas present and the damn thing doesn't work!!! i think it's a good player IF it didn't have not so many problems on it! thank's and i don't buy never ever that damn Logik!!!!!!!

Steve Mcqueen
Unregistered guest
Hopefully I may be able to help with a few of these questions as I have one and after many hours of trying to get it to work properly, it seems to be working fine now.

The key to this player is that it has many little (annoying?) nuances:

1. The firmware is on the CD (Jukebox Restore) and will only properly work on computers with Win '98SE and anything later. Always turn the player on first and when it has started up fully then you can plug in the USB connector to the top of the player. I got the Runtime error when I was using a comp with only Win'98 installed.

2. To download songs onto the player from Windows Media, insert your CD and you need to Rip the songs onto your computers hard drive (in Windows Media 10 there is a tab at the top for this).

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT (THROUGH THE OPTIONS MENU HERE) TAHT YOU ARE CONVERTING (RIPPING) THE CD AS MP3'S.

Once a CD has been 'ripped' you can 'Sync' (tab at the top) these with the 'Jukebox' (your player). When you turn your player on, all of these songs will appear in the EXPLORER option on the player's menu. **I would love to know if anyone knows a way to put these on the player so that they appear in the 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc, sections too?**

3. If the player appears 'stuck, frozen etc. Press the buttons 'Play', 'Menu' and 'Select' simultaneously and he player will re-set - this has so ar cured any big problems I have come across (especially with trying to Install Firmware etc.)

4. You can view all of the info on the player by going to 'My Computer' and looking in 'Jukebox' treating just like a regular hard disk (you can even store other unrelated files for transfer on it if you wish).

Hope this make sense, if anyone has any other questions, I will try to answer them as I know how frustrating this player is.

Mike-Plymouth
Unregistered guest
Steve,

Good answers, but you also cannot get artists, albums etc when using Windows mp10. In the manual it states it is possible using WMP10 and Audiophile... so far it is only successful for me using the latter.

Unregistered guest
hi there, i bought one of these for my daughter for christmas after 48hrs it is still not working, when we turn the logik on we get access error then it turns itself off. taking it back to the shop tomorrow!!

Jedi-Joe
Unregistered guest
Hi, Please help. Got the Logik 512 MP3 player for a pressie. Is it possible for me to transfer tracks straight off the internet onto it. Have never had anything like this before and I don't mind admitting I know nothing about them. I downloaded two songs, I then used Windows Media Player 9 to transfer them onto the MP3 player. They show up on there but they are not playing, they just skip through the trakcs going from 1 second to 90 seconds etc. Please help, as this is the only site I have found regarding the Logik MP3 player. Thanks very much

RMcK
Unregistered guest
I have a new problem with the Logik HDD33 - IT CRASHES MY COMPUTER EVERYTIME ITS CONNECTED TO IT!!!!!

At first, I thought it to be a fluke with the computer hard drive I was using, but today, on the second attempt to transfer songs into it successfully using another drive, it did it again - the blue screen indicating a serious error and dumping of physical memory appeared, and the hard drive is now more or less inoperable.

The player itself seems to accept music files just fine, but there's obviously something severely wrong with the example I have, given that it has crashed 2 drives in 2 days, and left one of them unrecoverable. I really can't keep it if it continues to do this, and I'm seriously wary of risking connecting it to the PC again.... so with that in mind, it seems my only option is to return the unit to Curry's and get my money back.

Tretowns
Unregistered guest
I got mine 2 days ago...

Today when I was going to listen to some well-deserved music I turned my logic on... But, It never started.. It was like it had been frozen. The backlight where on... I could not turn it off... I coulnt do anything.. So, I had to wait 5 hours for the battery to uncharge, and then it worked again.. :S

Really wierd stuff..

I think the reason you cant find a manufacturer is that it has soo many problems...

Tretowns
Unregistered guest
Sorry for my bad spelling there ;P The time in Sweden is 02:45 AM so that will be my excuse ;P

Unregistered guest
i got one for xmas and its sooo annoying i apparently got all the music on it (after like 3 hours of efforts) but wen i finally came to turning it on and listening but it sed 'please reinstall f/w' i dont no wot to do!
oh btw people if it freezes and the blue back light comes on but theres no words or anything - press 'play' 'select' and 'menu' all at once - then it will turn off...

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Unregistered guest
HOW DO YOU REINSTALL F/W????!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
...I posted that in one of my previous posts

All you have to do is insert the cd that came with it, install the program "JukeBox Restore Tool", plug in your HDD33, run jukebox restore tool(Start>All programs>JukeBox restore Tool>JukeBox Restor Tool), select the drive(the letter seen in My Computer) from the dropdown menu on the program, then leave it. In a few seconds it will say "Bye-Bye" in a pop-up message and its fixed.

daglesj
Unregistered guest
As Dixons were selling these for just £80 before Xmas down from supposedly £150. I'd take a bet that as so many have been returned you can buy them today for £30.

However, so far mine is still going strong but as Steve McQueen said I can only get them to work from Explorer. I would say nice idea, just needed some more development.

sophie123456789
Unregistered guest
i tried to do wot tim stableford sed about reinstalling f/w but it didnt work - wen i reinstall it do i need to have the player plugged in to the usb???? please help me

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Unregistered guest
tim its meeeee again i did that and it didnt work - now wot? please help me

meeeeee
Unregistered guest
thanku tim its working :D:D:D

Sarah M
Unregistered guest
hi, my mp3 still isnt working after all the helpful advice from many people. the computer doesnt recognise the player is actually in the USB port. everyone is baffled. might i suggest watchdog. not sure if we can do free advertising on here but theyr getting a call. already posted this on a different board but this is more resent.

the USB port exists, and the other ports are working; and this is espescially frustrating because my brother has the same player and it is working fine... so far...

does anyone know the LOGIK owners contact details? i cant find anything. is a long shot to ask here so dont say im stating the obvious. i wouldnt advise ANYONE to buy this. it's going back to the shop ASAP. thanks if anyone can help.

OneP***ed Off Dad
Unregistered guest
Are these players crap or what??
Bought 2 for Xmas presents for my daughters after 2 days of pratting around still cannot get tracks onto the player!!
4 PC's in the house CANNOT see the players - why??
Have tried formating and installing f/w!!
We switch on the player and connect the players the players displays "HDD access error" and switches off - WHY??

Can someone help me before these players get thrown back to Curry's!!!!!

RMcK
Unregistered guest
If anyone has bought one of these and is having trouble with getting it to work, I'd say the simplest option is to return the damn thing to Curry's, Dixons or wherever you got if from and demand your money back.

After the trouble I had with the player crashing my computer, I spoke to my more PC knowledgable brother, who said that the problem sounded suspiciously like a very nasty computer virus on the player.

With that in mind, we're going to march into Curry's tomorrow and demand the full purchase price back from them, and see about getting something in way of compensation for all the hassle its caused - mainly wiping out 120Gb of data on my main drive and leaving it inoperable.

So, in conclusion, your best option is to TAKE THEM BACK before they cause serious damage to your computing hardware!

RMcK
Unregistered guest
As a little aside, I don't believe for one moment that Curry's were (reputedly) offering this frankly CRAP player for 159.99 before they slashed the price in half.

It's also interesting to note that the Logik HDD33 has suspiciously disappeared from Curry's website - perhaps they're aware of serious problems with the players?

SaraT
Unregistered guest
ok so my mp3 is empty yet it says i have used 1.7GB.... its doing my head in does anyone no whats wrong??? help please!!

Katrina R
Unregistered guest
Please Help Me, i have just got the LOGIK HDD33 for christmas and i can do all the basic;rip music;put it on;organize it;and play it.

BUT randomly the screen sort of moves up and the top row of icons shift to the bottom..why would thi s happen.
Also some time the screen just goes blank and has lines horizontal and vertical , but the controls still work and the music doesnt stop i just cant see anything.
Is this just the screen not working? Should i take it back?
thanks for reading please reply

Katrina R
Unregistered guest
Please Help Me, i have just got the LOGIK HDD33 for christmas and i can do all the basic;rip music;put it on;organize it;and play it.

BUT randomly the screen sort of moves up and the top row of icons shift to the bottom..why would thi s happen.
Also some time the screen just goes blank and has lines horizontal and vertical , but the controls still work and the music doesnt stop i just cant see anything.
Is this just the screen not working? Should i take it back?
thanks for reading please reply

RDSS
Unregistered guest
I gave my daughter one for Christmas. It sprt of worked OK for one day. Now it wont play anything although the computer shows that the music is on the player. I'm fed up with it. It's taken hours of work. It's going back to the shop tomorrow.

Victor V
Unregistered guest
My 10 yr old son had one of these !! Logik HDD33 for Xmas from his G/perents.
So far i've spent about 8 hours trying to get the thing to work properly, first it wouldn't take anything from media player 10 so i loaded the Jukebox restore software which crashed twice,the screen then inverted the words on its display I switch it off then back on all back to normal.
I then loaded Audiophile and managed to get 3 Albums of WMA to load before it crashed, had to reboot pc and reload software, now the pc sayes its sending files and that the MP3 is loaded with another 5 albums but can I find them on on the HDD33 no chance just the first 3, Iv'e done nothing different so where have they gone? iv'e logged onto XP as another user and it says the whole lot are there. But I can't find them also if I scroll through the display to 'info' it says there are only 37 songs and the total space is 3147mb with 1977mb free. Not what it says on the box 3.3gb room for 1500 wma tracks. I think its time to take it back iv'e had enough. My daughter had an IItronics 128mb MP3, loads songs staight of media player nice an easy £20 argos.

Username: Dave55

Got one of these for crimbo and after a few bad moments find them to be quite easy to use. Couple of tips

1. When switching on hold power button down till the logik logo disappears off screen, let go to quick and lock ups occur

2. Install audiophile off cd disk as you need this if you want to find tracks by genre, year etc

3. Use window media player to rip cd your tracks in .wma format or mp3 your choice to my music folder. then shut down media player when your albums done then open audiophile and transfer to player from browser.

4. you can just drag and drop from your music folder direct through windows but the only way to find them is using the explorer option on the player.

5. Last one be patient when exploring the more albums you get on the longer it takes to read them before displaying.

Hope this helps still experimenting with favourites and track lists.. don't give up its not that bad

Dave

Unregistered guest
anyone wanna help me, it says i need to ''reinstall F/W'' what does that mean? add me on msn at chriscreative@hotmail.co.uk, or e-mail me at the same address!

cheers

chris!

Jemma
Unregistered guest
I got one of these hd33 mp3's for my birthday yesterday and followed all the correct instructions such as charging it for 3 hours. I left it a few hours longer and it wasn't even fully charged! Also my blue backlight went out within 1 minute, the first time it was even turned on and wont work at all. What's happening here?? Do you think it should be returned?

Unregistered guest
TO TURN OFF THE HDD33 YOU HOLD DOWN THE POWER SWITCH )THE SAME AS TURNING IT ON)
IT THEN SAYS 'END'

HOPE THAT HELPS - MY GIRLFRIEND GOT ONE FOR CHRISTMAS _ THEY;RE A BIT DODGY

TommyGold

Stagbookers.com
Unregistered guest
wow thats a lot. Logik owe us all a bunch of apologies. But when working its not that bad, quality is fine.

i should be able to help you all as a/ i am a pretty experienced pc user and b/ i have spent hours - for the first time in my life - trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

-------
Getting tracks correctly from WMP
-------

"**I would love to know if anyone knows a way to put these on the player so that they appear in the 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc, sections too?** "

>> You need to plug in your MP3 BEFORE you turn on WMP. Then press "Sync" (WMP version 10). On the top right you can then select "Jukebox". )If you turn on WMP before the MP3 then this Jukebox is not there and thats where most people are going wrong).

Now simply sync your files and you WILL have them on your MP3 under 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc.

BTW, this actually just adds them to a "K2" folder under "Music". You could just drop them in there and itll work.

----------------
" Update Firmware. ".
----------------

>> Its crashed - Refer to manual!

you need to "RESTORE the operating system". Simply enter the cd and click "restore". This then loads up the software to your pc.

Now plug in your MP3!!!!!!!!!!!! (most of you are not doing this)

Then click start> programs> Jukebox restore. Choose whichever drive it is (maybe E, not usually a, C or D), then wait a few secs. And thats it.

MSB
Unregistered guest
I bought 2 HDD33 players for my kids for Xmas. One has worked without problem (so far) but the other kept freezing. Using this forum for reference (thanks guys) I did the following:
1. Let the battery run down (I didn't know about pressing PLAY - MENU - SELECT together until today)
2. Recharged it
3. Connected it to my PC and copied the entire MY MUSIC folder from the player to the PC as a backup. This helps preserve the database information.
4. Reformatted the Player using the full (not fast) format FAT32 option
5. Ran Scandisc on the player
6. Used the firmware restore program (which you have to install from the CD onto your PC beforehand).
6. Copied the MY MUSIC backup from the PC back to the player, allowing all files on the player to be overwritten.
7. Ran Scandisc again
8. It's worked fine ever since but I still have a few concerns:

The claimed battery life of 10 hours is pure fiction.
I noticed the battery getting very hot if I connected the player to the PC whilst the charger was still attached to the player. Watch out for that.
I can only get Audiophile to work on my Administrator account on the PC, and not on my kids' Limited accounts.

As far as I'm concerned I've done all I can reasonably do to keep the unit alive, and any more faults will be hardware related and therefore a legitimate case for a refund. My guess is the design of this player is a bit dodgy, which is why it's been sold so cheap. I reckon it's the luck of the draw whether or not you get a good 'un. If you go for the refund don't forget there's always eBay if you need to replace it with another low cost model ;-)

Username: Dave55

Post Number: 2
In reply to stagbookers question about"**I would love to know if anyone knows a way to put these on the player so that they appear in the 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc, sections too?** "

Rip the music in media player into album folders as normal then using explorer drag them into the K2 folder on the logik player. shut down media player. Then open audiophile and use the button rebuild database and wait till its finished then disconnect player and hey presto all the find options work, year, artist, genre etc, also as a bonus look in info option and it will tell you how many tracks are on the player. As to wether this will make the player more stable who knows, but i will not be beaten by this thing!!!!!!!!!

12inch vinyl.
Unregistered guest
My wife had one for Christmas, all the usual, freezing, can't find music etc. Finally the on/off switch broke after 2 days! We've had our money back, nuff said.

daglesj
Unregistered guest
Oh if you want the unit to look 'a little better' the Logik lettering on the front are just stuck on.

I noticed the K on mine was drooping. All gone now.

Now got 27 albums at 256k stored on it with around 750mb left. Should get nearly 35 on there.

Unregistered guest
Hi i ave a logik and i cant get any music onto it ive installed everything but just cant get music onto it plz help me

wilbur rich
Unregistered guest
I've been trying since xmas to get logik hdd33 to work. My windows xp PC won't recognise when I plug in to usb, & won't install.Have tried on friends pc (ALso windows xp) & it worked fine .HELP PLEASE!!!

Please help
Unregistered guest
My logik HDD33 has just after many screen problems done wat everyone elses has done...it says please reinstall F/W i have done what several people have surgested , downloaded the restore program and it came up with the little box for me to chose which drive but when i entered in drive g it came up with some sort of error syaing there wasn't anything there.I know that this is the write drive as when i connect my mp3 it comes up with the my computer link for drive g which used to say "G JUKEBOX" but now just says "Removable disk G" the file its self doesnt have all the normal folders in it like K2 and my music.. it just has 3 folders with weird little signs as their name...
Please help me..thanks

Anonymous

Had real trouble trying to work this thing out and download music for my husband for his Christmas present (ready to use Christmas morning). Three times I attempted and three times i ran out of time and sealed it all up again. I then spent almost all boxing day - when I was just about to give up, by chance, I hit on how to get it to work - right or wrong it worked (not, I hasten to add, using the software provided or the Audiophile.
Here's how I managed it...
Copy selected CDs to computer. Open MY MUSIC, highlight CD and "copy to Jukebox".
Close MY MUSIC and select "Jukebox" drive. Now highlight the CD (again) and hey presto the album, by magic appears on the MP3 player!!!!
Long winded, but then managed to copy 21 albums to the player - You can choose what you want to play by album - unable to choose artist, track, or use Audophile.
Probably not getting the best from the player, but it works - excellent sound and for the price and memory size not bad.

lavinder
Unregistered guest
This thing is so messed up I cannot start to describe... I am so proud that I am not an owner</b?>worse than microsoft its self.. To all thinking of purchacing this I would strongly recomend that you favour a Sony device as they are the best!

Mikey C
Unregistered guest
I got one for Christmas and thankfully haven't had all of the afore-mentioned problems. I've installed quite a few mp3 files and they work fine. However, the WMA files (copied from CD in Windows Media Player then copied to Jukebox from there or from Audiophile) install but fail to play, they just skip to the next track. Is this something to do with them being protected? Does anyone know how i get them to play?

Mikey C
Unregistered guest
I got one for Christmas and thankfully haven't had all of the afore-mentioned problems. I've installed quite a few mp3 files and they work fine. However, the WMA files (copied from CD in Windows Media Player then copied to Jukebox from there or from Audiophile) install but fail to play, they just skip to the next track (as mentioned previously by 'Jedi-Joe'). Is this something to do with them being protected? Does anyone know how i get them to play?

WillMaxwell
Unregistered guest
Mine has been working fine since Christmas Day until today.

I turned it on, and it said "HDD Access Error". Then it turns off.

The instruction booklet is absoloutly useless and I have no idea what to next.

I've tried the restore tool but because of this HDD Access Error, the computer doesn't recoginse the player, therefore you can't select its drive.

I'm in real desperate need of help, as non of my friends have any experience of this. I'm quite computer literate, so if anyone can help me out at all could you contact me at willmaxwell@hotmail.co.uk please. I'm running Windows 98SE at home but I normally use it at my girlfriends where they use XP, and I'm encountering the same problems there.

Please help if you can, even if its a link to other advice.

jumshaid
Unregistered guest
I have one of these- It was working fine until a couple of days a ago when i plugged it into my comp but i tried to click on the f drive and it just froze up! i turned my player on and found some of my songs have been deleted! HELP!

Unregistered guest
Another 'proud' owner of a HDD33... DO NOT BUY ONE FOR YOURSELF OR ANYONE YOU CARE ABOUT! Got mine for christmas and loved the appearence, however ive stayed up until 2am twice since trying to copy my music onto it. first with Windows Media Player which appeared to work fine but when the transfer had finished the player didnt seem to have any files on it, (same problem as Mike-Plymouth and John-Wiltshire with it showing 'ALL>>' and nothing more) but when i reconnected the player to the PC it seemed to recognise there were files on the player and i could even play them using windows media player - just not on the MP3player itself. I then tried the recomended Audiophile but none of the music on my computer showed up in any of the folders and I lost patience.
So I thought I'd search out some online help and, surprise surprise, no website! v.glad I stumbled across this page and I agree with whoever said this earlier,(lost the name - sorry!)
--EVERYONE WITH A FAULTY MDD33 SHOULD RESIST TAKING IT BACK FOR A REFUND AND SEND AN EMAIL TO WATCHDOG INSTEAD!--
I will be, and will include this page, but the more people who complain the better! http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/
all the contact info is on that page ^^
sorry bout the essay but theres a hella lot to say bout this damn player!

*interesting point about the stuck-on lettering, I also noticed that the instruction book had several spelling/grammar mistakes - petty I know, but it all shows the level of quality!*

Unregistered guest
Hi.. unfortunately I happen to be the owner of a logik hdd33. I returned the first one I got for christmas because it kept freezing and was unable to play a lot of tracks. I got a new one from the store and now I wish I'd never returned the first one! the new one seems to be from hell, made to drive me mad!
1. The player makes funny sounds (very loud)
2. It freezes
3. When I try to listen to some files the dispaly shows "file not found" then you have to restart the player and sometimes the files work just fine after the player has been restarted sometimes the problems continues...
4. It's really unpredictable (read above)
5. The display of the first player either went totally blank or changed order of the text:
Normally (just as an example):
[battery symbol] 21:03
Rammstein Ich Will Mutter 2001
0:03:41
changed order:
0:03:41
[battery symbol] 21:03
Rammstein Ich Will Mutter 2001
how could this happen???
Well I was just thought it was very interesting to find out I'm not the only one hating my mp3-player. The Logik hdd33 will be returned on monday and this time I want a refund!!

Anonymous

i have an mp3 player that my brother got for his birthday and couldnt figure out a year ago, and the labels gone, so i dont know what it is to find instructions for it (i cant turn it on without it hooked up to the comp.),so PLEASE HELP ME!

LAE
Unregistered guest
I got a Logik HDD33 fro christmas and have to say I was quite impressed with it, however it wasn't to last as it soon decided it didn't want to play songs let alone have them on the player despite claiming it stil had memory in use!

Also the little letters are dangerous as the 'K' gug right into my thumb drawing badly! provided entertainment for the family though who thought it was hilarious i'd cut myself on a smooth surface!!

Anyhow replaced faulty player and all was going well and was very pleased until the back light has broken and it will not play legally downloaded songs!! packagaing says it is compatible with these but it isn't so am I highly annoyed that i have paid for songs I can't listen to while the free ones work perfectly, whats that about!! any ideas on how to solve these problems would be greatly recieved!

LAE
Unregistered guest
I got a Logik HDD33 fro christmas and have to say I was quite impressed with it, however it wasn't to last as it soon decided it didn't want to play songs let alone have them on the player despite claiming it stil had memory in use!

Also the little letters are dangerous as the 'K' gug right into my thumb drawing badly! provided entertainment for the family though who thought it was hilarious i'd cut myself on a smooth surface!!

Anyhow replaced faulty player and all was going well and was very pleased until the back light has broken and it will not play legally downloaded songs!! packagaing says it is compatible with these but it isn't so am I highly annoyed that i have paid for songs I can't listen to while the free ones work perfectly, whats that about!! any ideas on how to solve these problems would be greatly recieved!

Nigel in Shropshire
Unregistered guest
I thought I'd cracked it - using audiophile I could see the tracks, title, author etc. It was all there and it worked! I was amazed! So I foolishly ploughed on copying more in. Then there was an error on copying and audiophile.exe is stuffed. It wouldn't load anymore so I removed the programs (using control panel) and re-installed everything. Still won't load. I can get songs to play in explorer OK but thats all.

I was prompted rebuild database but that sounded like I'd lose everything so I didn't. Looks like that was a mistake.

Anyone know how I can get audiophile to work?

Thanks people. Its a tough life with Logik...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2630
Shropshire? That sounds vaguely like the name in a book I've read.

kat r
Unregistered guest
my advice is GET A NEW ONE i gave up on mine after working fine it just collapsed in all the ways u guys hav described above and sceen problems...i got a sanyo and its got twice the memry and really easy to use...get a refund or write a complain letter to the compant demanding one."! HOPE THIS HELPS K

Username: Lil_kirsty

Manchester, United Kingdom England

Post Number: 2
well my problem is mostly the same as the other peoples its askin me
to reinstall F/W and i followed the instructions to fix it and it
didn't work, it kept crashin to and sed HDD ERROR whateva that means
so am takin my mp3 playa back!

Username: Nannycz

I bought two of them two days ago. I am using one, the other is my girlfriend's and both are working OK. I found out that :
If you copy music using anything else than Audiophile, you will access it via menu-explorer only. No sorting, no listing... Audiophile copies the files into the K2 directory, so that's where everyone should go looking.
The player's directory structure is the key - that's how it recognizes the types of files you are using (music, recorded, etc.)
Exhausted battery will produce the "Reinstall F/W" message. Just re-charge a little, then turn on and off you go. Just keep in mind to plug in the charger and turn it on is not enough - give it a minute or two of charging.
Just yesterday I fixed my MP3's via MP3tagstudio, put them in one folder and then copied via Audiophile. Works like a charm...

Username: Splumm

I've got a LOGIK MP3 Player 256K but my computer doesn't recognize it, I've already checked the USB and it works fine. My computer works with Windows 98. Anybody can help me ?

Username: Whizzo

Has anyone got a Logik charger that they'd like to save my life and sell or donate?? Or tell me where to get one? I got a 3.3gb mp3 player for xmas and I daren't admit I've lost it!

Username: Alex_korniak

Logik HDD33 - hang/Frezed " any ideas on restart and reset options? "

Username: Kollo5

I don't have the firmware so can i download it somewhere? When i try to play music with it, it says in finnish: tiedostoa ei loydy. That means that the player couldn't find a file. Propably. Should i download some files or what? I hate this machine so much. I'd like to have some help so please help me!!!!

Username: Ihatemyhd

I have one of these Hdd33's and everything works fine until it comes to putting music onto it. It goes OK but then says the file needs converting, and a little bar comes up but stays on 0% and crashes media player. When I click on the sync tab at the top, it says the device cant be found, and I've tried just dragging the song onto the JukeBox but it doesnt appear on the player itself, only when its plugged into the computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us