Wet ipod

Username: Adam108

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have an ipod photo 20gb. I dropped in water two days ago where it remained for 2-3 seconds before I pulled it out.
I freaked out a bit and pushed the click wheel and switched it to hold (as I know I should not have done with water inside of it). Since then, I have let it rest, taken it apart, blow dried it, reassembled it, charged it, reset it (menu/select) restored it through ipod update, and loaded songs onto it. The ipod will charge, and I can sync with itunes and manage songs (load and erase) when connected to my mac and itunes. It will turn on when I switch it to hold and the light will come on when I switch hold off. It will respond to a simultaneous menu and select button pressing. It will not respond to scrolling or clicking to view the music files or play music. There is no audible when the click wheel is pressed. The only response from the click wheel is when I reset (with menu/select). I feel like I am so close to a revived ipod. How can I get my click wheel to respond?
Thank you,

Username: Libbie

Post Number: 3
unfortunately, you probably have a fried click wheel. I can't help much, sorry. Getting an iPod wet is bound to do some damage, some of which is not repairable unless you contact Apple and get it repaired
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us