How do you get OUT OF ipod diagnostics...

Sazi
Unregistered guest
My ipod has got stuck in ipod diagnostics and I have no idea how to get it out...this is really annopying...i've tried connceting it to my computer but itunes isnt even aware the ipod is there while it is diagnostics mode...

Does anyone know how to get out of it?

CyberDevil
Unregistered guest
Select "B. Reset" U MORON !!!!

Bastige
Unregistered guest
That was uncalled for.

guest11
Unregistered guest
not only was it uncalled for, but it dosnt fully answer the question. I have a 5th gen ipod, video ipod, stuck on the accessorize test section of test diagnostics mode. it displays 3 lines:
please plug fw
lcd id:1
fwpwr: 0
i dont even know how i got into diagnostics mode the thing was just in my pocket for like 10 mins without hold on

aftrbrnr
Unregistered guest
Ditto here on the problem with "accessorize test" problem on my 5G. It occured when I slipped it into the pouch without putting it 'on hold'.

Anyone find a cure yet??

Unregistered guest
I had the same problem as 'guest 11' , except that my screen said lcd id:2 I put my iPod in my bag (after charging it and downloading all my iTunes so I could take it with me to the beach this weekend). When I turned it on the 'Accessorize diagnostics' (what language is it speaking?? - Accessorize???) came up and no matter what I tried I couldn't get out of this screen. My solution was to leave it turned on until the battery went flat and it seemed to turn itself off.
I have now returned home and plugged it into my iMac G5 (10 minutes ago) - the colour screen with 'Do not disconnect' and the flashing icon is showing and the battery icon shows that it is charging - I have yet to hear one track played on my iPod.
If it doesn't work tomorrow morning when I get up I'm taking it back to my Apple reseller to see what explanation/excuse I get.
Cheers
Tricia

Molli
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem, and I just found the solution on another site...hold down "Select" and "Menu" until the screen goes black and it should reboot itself.

Unregistered guest
Thanks molli that works GREAT!!

Unregistered guest
Thanks Molli - it worked for me, too. For anyone who's interested the apple article on resetting an iPod is at -

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

Cheers

CHARLIE M
Unregistered guest
THANKS A LOT, SAVED ME A LOT OF TROUBLE

Demondman
Unregistered guest
Me too,
Cheers Molli

all fixed in 30 seconds

Username: Robynnyt

Cowtown, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I bought an ipod 30gb 3days ago. Ihave no idea why but my ipods screen has gone completly white....there is no apple on the screen, nothing just completely white! The weird thing is I have not spilt pop on it, Ihave not dissconnected it unproperly,nor have I hit it, or use unsafe files. itried to restart it and everything and still nothing has changed. Someone help me if they can; it would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Robynnyt

Cowtown, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
Can some one help me please!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4607
How is the power supply? Is it charged properly?

rberg
Unregistered guest
Robynn- try emailing apple support

Anonymous

i have an ipod mini and it is frozen and it says

remote test
hp ok
press remote keys

help

Anonymous

i have an ipod mini and it is frozen and it says

remote test
hp ok
press remote keys

help

Unregistered guest
I've got iPod G5 Video,
in the Diagnostic Menu When it stucks and displays:
please plug fw
lcd id:1
fwpwr: 0

The fw means FireWire, and if u dont have one then it wont continue.. thats it.. not to worry just reset the iPod by holding Select and Menu button for 6 seconds it will show apple logo and reboot!

Pame
Unregistered guest
how many hours ur ipod works?becouse I think that my battery doesnt work good!My ipod is new and just work for 3o4 hours

Danielle C
Unregistered guest
thanks Molli for the tip.

ellodie
Unregistered guest
i have a ipod nano and it is on the screen where it says ipod diognostics...but it wont turn on and off and nothing works to get it off...it says like FiveInOne and stuff like that

gotnos
Unregistered guest
same here and when i rreset it the apple logo just flashes on and off!

KidC
Unregistered guest
Hi Pame,
my new 30GB G5 runs for about 10 hours with EQ on (very rough estimate on. The backlight kills the battery fast, have you got it set "on"

tiddle
Unregistered guest
yeah ellodie and gotnos, i also have a nano and have exactly the same trouble! Gargh! I tried the rebooting idea from Mollie but it doesnt do anything. Can anyone help us!?!?!?!?

Daveomac
Unregistered guest
Hi ellodie

Hold down the fastforward button on your ipod and it should scroll down and you should see a reset button do it!

Daveomac
Unregistered guest
Hi ellodie

Hold down the fastforward button on your ipod and it should scroll down and you should see a reset button do it!

Unregistered guest
Thanks Molli, from another grateful 'stuck in diagnostic mode' user :-).

As for CyberMoron(Devil); know what you are talking about first, goofhead.

Anonymous

omg!!! thank u guys so much...my ipod was in diagnostics test when i got it out of my bookbag and i had no clue wat was worng...i thot i would have to buy i whole new 1...but after pressing the select and menu...it's back in action! :-)

timmeeeey
Unregistered guest
got a 20gb ipod and it froze, so i used the reset technique and nuffin happened, It shows a file icon with the apple support website and dosent pick up charge or work on my computer ne ideas??? thnx

JaYoNeR
Unregistered guest
thanks i fixed mine!

nagem
Unregistered guest
my ipod nano is stuck on the ipod diagnostics. i tried to press the menu and select button but nothing and then i tried to hit the forward button but nothing is working. its frozen on the diagnostics menu. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Username: Pannman

Post Number: 1
i am trying to record movies off my dvd player i read some where how to get past the copyright protect but cant remeber how, can anyone help?
i have a lyra 2780
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us