Archive through September 17, 2005

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1319
Cool, I'd like to know how that ends up with the PS2. :-)

eve
Unregistered guest
please help! i just bought an ipod mini but my computer (dell pc) does not recognize the ipod (no symbol appears at all) how can i fix this? i've already restarted the computer and looked on www.apple.com for help. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Unregistered guest
okay i was putting songs on my iPod mini from a CD n i put 2 of the same songs on the iPod now i don't know how to delete the other 1 i only want one of that song on it.....can any1 help me ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????PLZ

rhoknee
Unregistered guest
Attion Jexx. I would not have posted my previous question if I hadn't read through all the postings in their enterity.I wonder if you indeed understood my problem.Regardless of which version of windows I happen to be using, how come when I connect other Ipods they are recorgnised.I have tried this not only on my PC, but other PCs as well.For this particular Ipod it isn't even recorgnised as hard drive!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3283
redesignate your iPod as a different drive instead of the designation that the computer assigns. REname it as I:Drive

KrisL
Unregistered guest
I'm out of luck and am hoping someone has an idea that can help me. When I plug my iPod in to my computer, windows no longer detects it at all. Not as an iPod or as a portable storage device. My iPod seems to be functioning properly on its own (as it plays all songs without error, charges normally, etc). When my iPod is plugged into my computer, it still charges, as well as displays the "Do Not Disconnect" message and icon. I have read this (and other) threads and have tried the following.

I reset my iPod.
I uninstalled itunes and any other ipod software (such as the ipod updater).
I uninstalled (and reinstalled) all of my usb root hubs.
I reinstalled itunes (from the CD that came with my iPod).
I updated itunes to 4.9.

Still the same result, windows doesnt see my iPod. Are there any other ideas/tips out there that I might have missed? Thanks.

Zachman06
Unregistered guest
I just recently bought an ipod, and my dad had his itunes on the computer allready. All i need to know is how to add an ipod to itunes because when i hook up my ipod it just tells me that there is no ipod connected. PLEASSE HELP!!!!

Unregistered guest
when i plug the ipod into the usb thing , itunes doesn't open automatically n wen i go to this ipod updater it says plug in an ipod, but my ipod is already plugged in that means that my computer or usb bus doesn't recognise my ipod , can u please help
i have windows xp

Username: Chelsea12732

Urbana, Illinois U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
i just got my ipod and i downloaded music and i have 2 questions 1 is how do i delete songs off my ipod and 2 after it charged fully and i was finished downloading and listened to it and then tryed to hook it up again it didn't reconize it and i tryed to reinstall ans made sure it was in all the way but it still wouldn't work i need your help plezz.

Anyone who can help plezz write back A.S.A.P.

Unregistered guest
OK i have a really weird question. but do you know what type of songs the ipod mini wont recognize? My ipod just doesn't put some of my songs on there for no reason at all. and its ANNOYING! they are all songs that i really want on there!! I dont see how they are any different from the songs that ARE On there. ahhhhhh help me

Unregistered guest
I have read the above but can't find a similar post so... I usually charge my ipod from the mains. Works fine. This morning i took the option of borrowing a cable from a co worker in order to charge through my PC at work. I watched as the existing battery bar seemed to empty fast instead of charging and eventually it completely died. I tried a different cable and a different pc and i get the apple icon for a second and then the battery dead icon and blank screen. Am seriously terrified i have done some irreparable damage. the only thing i can think of is that the ipod was formatted on a Mac and i plugged it into a PC (where i have downloaded itunes but not a full version as it doesnt' connect to internet instantly to retrieve song titles/artist /details etc. I just want to know ipod is not dead and that i haven't wiped its 3000 songs from it...

Lynsie
Unregistered guest
When I go to download my music onto my ipod nothing happens!!! I usually get the "do not disconnect" thing and i dont get it ne more so i cant download my music!!!!!!!!Please Help me!!!

Unregistered guest
This is likely very stupid, but as I haven't seen any other alarmed owners begging for reassurance for a similar problem, I have come to believe that mine is rather unique. I have been able to work myself, through trial and error, mainly, out of all the mentioned problems - freezing, missing files, etc. But my problem is one which nothing - from resetting to connecting to iTunes to beating senselessly (jk) has been able to remedy.

My precious baby, which i have owned for almost 8 months now, stopped playing selected songs, but instead passed over each in turn. When I tried to reset, it simply turned to the Apple logo and began what I can only describe as two seconds or so of a start-up whirring sound, and then a sudden click off, repeatedly. It did this for ten minutes, by which time it was almost too hot to hold. For fear of it overheating and becoming irreparably fried, I turned it off, after some trial.

I have tried since, only to have repeats of the afforementioned scenario. What is wrong with it? Was it something I did? And if it will need to be repaired, how long is the warranty on a 20G iPod?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3312
Sounds like a mini hard drive problem. The clicking and whirring sound is usually a give a way as it is not tracking properly. You have a 1 year warranty and you may likely need to turn it in for service.

Unregistered guest
Okay, I read everything and haven't used a bulletin board in about eight years, so please forgive me if I violate the protocol here!!

My problem is similar to Eve's...I had been using my 20G iPod with an Apple ibook at work. Before leaving my job, I copied my iPod music files onto my iPod in order to maintain my library. I ended up buying a Dell at home to basically use with my iPod. The computer told me it recognizes the iPod, but wants to restore and reformat it. My research on apple.com indicates that will delete my files - all of them! I have the CDs and most of my purchased music, but that process took me a gazillion hours. Any suggestions?! I've heard there's a way to do this, but I can't seem to find the instructions... thanks!

Username: John_marshall

Uk

hello,
i new to the website!
i have just got a mini i pod and am having trouble setting it up. i already had i tunes on my desk top and everytime i connect the i pod to the computer it says 'do not disconnect' i was told that as soon as you plug it in it opens i tunes straightaway, which it doesn't. can anyone help me please. my e-mail address is j21marshall@hotmail.com
cheers

sareena.
Unregistered guest
I have a problem with my iPod mini i bought it in march 2005 and, it wont turn on anymore. and before when it did turn and i had it charging as soon as i would take it out of the charger it said 'no battery power left plese connect....' i dont know when i can do i tried doing the menu select toggle the hold button reset but it doenst seem to work... if anyone can help me id appreacate it. my email is always_grumpy@hotmail.com thanks.

Username: John_marshall

Uk

Post Number: 2
Right, thanks for your help people! my g/friend got it all sorted yesterday, bless her!

if i need any more help i know where to come. thank you!

mel09
Unregistered guest
i have an ipod mini and its full....how can i take old songs off of it to make room for new ones??? is there any way to do this without deleting them from my library? please help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3351
Just uncheck the songs you don't want on your iTunes. It will still remain in your library, it just won't be included in your iPod.

Sydney
Unregistered guest
How the hell do u delete songs on an ipod mini im going crazy help!

Anonymous

Ok this might be a stupid question but here goes.

Do I need to buy songs from the itunes music store in order to put them on an ipod? Can I put illegally downloaded songs (like ones downloaded from limewire/kazaa etc.) onto the ipod? Is there a security feature that prevents you from adding illegally downloaded songs onto the ipod?

Thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 1434
Sydney: right click the song on the playlist you're using and click clear.

Anonymous: There is no security feature to the extent that you can add any file you want.

Sydney
Unregistered guest
i really appreciate ur help but where is the fricken clear button?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1442
You'll have to open the iTunes program and go to the list from there. Find the song you don't want, right click and you should have 'Clear' as one of the options. Update the iPod and the song will be no more!

Sydney
Unregistered guest
hold up so what ur sayin is to go to my itunes program go to the song i dont want right click and clear but what i want is to delete the song from my ipod but have it remaining on the itunes program how do i do it? do u think that i should do what u say and reload the song but not put it on the ipod will that work?

sydney
Unregistered guest
hello willl some 1 answer me?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1444
Be patient, I'm not here all the time :-)

By clearing the song from the playlist, the computer deletes the song the next time you update it. The song will remain in the iTunes library but not on your playlist.

Sydney
Unregistered guest
no it doesent because the song goes in the recycle bin

Gold Member

Post Number: 1447
That's deleting a file outside of iTunes.

Sydney
Unregistered guest
sorry but u r not helping me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1457
Argh, this is very frustrating.

I am helping you, but you aren't understanding what I am saying. Your unregistered status is also something that leads me to not want to help you.

Perhaps you have an Instant Messenger?

Anonymous

can you take songs from your iPod and put then on iTunes? i have around 3000 songs on my 20gb that i got from a friends house and cant get them on my iTunes

Unregistered guest
I got my ipod the other day and I had 2 albums on it. I used my itunes on my laptop. I realised that I had not enough disk space on my laptop, so I did it on my sisters itunes on another computer with alot of diskspace. I pluged my ipod in and it said don't disconet, like usuall, and then it said updating. I didn't wan't to update it because my sister hadn't named her songs and I needed to name them properly. But I let it update. Then, when it had finnished updating I looked on my "music" file and it had cleared my two albums and replaced it with all the other songs that hadn't been named. Now I want to clear my all the songs on my ipod so that I can start again!! Does anyone know how??

Gold Member

Post Number: 3373
Read the manual.

whitney
Unregistered guest
before i read all of these posts i had thought that an ipod would be a good investment but im beginning to change my mind. if these things are really so popular then how come they are so complicated? i should be getting mine in the mail this week but now im a little nervous to do anything to it because i dont want to screw it up. eek.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3391
yes, be very nervous:-)

Seriously though, make sure you follow the set up procedures properly and do not mishandle your iPod in any way. It is not as sturdy or rugged as you think it is.

Unregistered guest
Heyz
I have an Ipod photo and it had about 800 songs on it. recently I had to delete all the data on our computer due to viruses. Now i still have my songs on my ipod [naturally itunes was deleted off the computer], but if I install itunes again and reconnect my Ipod, naturally I will lose all my songs. If i don't install it, i can't add more songs. What can I do to install itunes and put songs from my Ipod onto it? Can I still add more songs after that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3416
sorry, the transfer is a one way process. However, I believe that you have to make the pc recognize your iPod as a hard drive so it can transfer your songs to the PC. Check with apple.com on how this is done.

NGPALE
Unregistered guest
I have read the instruction manual over and over again but I still cant find whats wrong. I have a mini ipod 4GB and it turns on and itunes works on my computer but intunes doesn't recognize that the mini ipod is plugged into the computer. It doesn't even show up under sources. My sister has a mini ipod also and hers is recognized right away. I've read the part on troubleshooting on the back but none of it helps. Help Please!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3417
How are connecting to the computer?

Username: Drummermanz28

I have a 40gb iPod. Recently I unplugged the iPod when it still had "do not disconnect". Once i turned on the iPod again, the music files would not show. Under artists, there were no artists as well as songs. I've tried resetting numerous times. What do i do to get the songs showing again?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3418
if you have no music showing on the iPod it is a good bet that they were not transferred. You have to start from the beginning.

Post Number: 2
well i've had my ipod for about 4 months. it's over halfway full with music. and i accidently unplugged it when it said "do not disconnect". so when i tried to find music after i incorrectly unplugged it, none of my songs showed up. so would they still not be considered transferred after 4 months?

Unregistered guest
My iPod will not connect to the computer and the only two things that show up on the screen are the apple icon and a folder with an exclamation point. when i tried to restore or update my ipod it said it cannot mount my ipod. i've tried everything on the iTunes support center thingy, but nothing has worked so far. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, i've reset my iPod 103295710 times, i just don't know what to do anymore!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3429
Abel,
yes that would still be considered not transferred. When the computer was updating your iPod the music was erased and not transferred back on to the iPod.

When an iPod is docked to your pc, they communicate and a check is done whether the files on your iPod corresponds with the files on iTunes. It goes through each file and removes those that is not the same or checked on your iTunes library. When they are not the same, the PC takes precedence,, not what is on the iPod. The PC controls the iPod, not the other waya round.
What I am trying to tell you is the same, you have to start from the beginning. Your PC was doing an update and transferring or modifying files and you unplugged it. What do you think is going to happen? There was a warning on your manual that says not to do this when the iPod is updating.

Now let us say for the sake of argument that they did transfer. Now, you also said that the music files would not show. What is wrong with this picture? Did you think that by pushing some magic sequence of buttons that they might show up?
You said you did a reset numerous times, what else is there? So....I would consider that not transferred. It does not show, means it is not there...or do you think they are hiding from you maybe they are shy or something :-)

Post Number: 3
yeah i get what you're saying now. i guess i just thought it would work because i unplugged it before and they didnt show, but through waiting i guess it worked again and the music showed. do you know if the files are still on the ipod though? are there programs out there to recover them?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3431
Have you tried it out?
You really do not need to recover the music from your iPod as long as the files are in your computer you can just transfer them to the iPod if it gets removed somehow. However, you cannot transfer music from your iPod to the PC. The transfer is one way only.

help me out please
Unregistered guest
Are there any other ways of getting music onto my ipod without iTunes???

help me out please
Unregistered guest
Are there any other ways of getting music onto my ipod without iTunes???

Unregistered guest
Berny,
I have my hard disk crashed with my iTunes library. Backup is old. You said earlier there may be a way to use the Pod as a hard disk and get back the music from the Pod. I have checked Apple and they say there isn't: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61131 (see the bottom) Can it really be? I just cannot believe there is no way to recover the songs from my Pod. There MUST be a hack... Does anybody know...?
Thanks a lot in advance, Bence

Unregistered guest
Folks,
here is the answer:
http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=414855
(go to the bottom)
May the Lord bless the Google
(I just typed "copying songs back from iPod to a hard drive" to Google and this is what came up in the TOP. Isn't that just great??!!
My day is saved. Now I will type "how can I get back all my lost digital pictures from my crashed hard disk" to Google (and after "how can I be wealthy and happy in 5 easy steps")

Unregistered guest
Um. I can't get iTunes to let my iPod connect. I think it may be because I previously used an iBook and now I am using PC.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3634
Of course, different operating systems. you have to make your ipod match the os of your new pc.
You should have stayed with iBook:-(

Unregistered guest
Ok I am not lying when I say this I can't explain what happened. Ok I woke up this morning and I decided to listen to some music on my iPod. When I went to "Artists" there was nothing and I mean nothing there and I had about 1060 songs or so. Now I am trying to load all these songs back on my iPod however the disconnect sign shows but it does nothing. Please I need help!

Sorry Si
Unregistered guest
THIS FORUM JUST SEEMS TO BE PEOPLE PUTTING THIER IPOD PROBLEMS UP AND NO ONE IS ACTUALLY SOLVING THEM!!!! WHAT IS THE POINT IN THAT?

lorlesp
Unregistered guest
Okay.. i have a 20G ipod and i honestly have no clue how to "add contacts" onto the ipod..like phone numbers & such. It's pretty frustrating but my friend recently told me that I have to download another program to do so, but she doesn't know the name of it...Can any1 help me PLEASE! thank u

Unregistered guest
my ipod will update itself but while it is still plugged into the computer it will keep showing do not disconnect but i did, though i know it is bad but it did update but the message wont go away

Gold Member

Post Number: 3727
shut down the computer. when it is off, undock the iPod.

lionel
Unregistered guest
hey. i just got a new ipod from the apple shop the other day because my old one screwed up on me. now when i connect this ipod. it doesn't get recognised by the computer? and when it connects it has three short beeps. whats wrong with it!!? thanks in advanced

Anonymous

My ipod mini always just turns on by itself!!! even if i have it off adn its on hold! i even tried to take my head phones out but it still turns on by itself and then when i walk into the room where my ipod is i notice that it is wasting my battery!! will someone please tell me how to stop it from turning it on by itself!!

Anonymous

My ipod mini always just turns on by itself!!! even if i have it off adn its on hold! i even tried to take my head phones out but it still turns on by itself and then when i walk into the room where my ipod is i notice that it is wasting my battery!! will someone please tell me how to stop it from turning it on by itself!!

Brook
Unregistered guest
i just got my ipod mini, and when I plug it in to the computer, it does not automatically download the songs that i have in itunes (which were previously from limewire). My friend started to explain to me that you have to make a new file on the computer or something. So how do i get the songs onto my ipod? :S

Brook
Unregistered guest
i just got my ipod mini, and when I plug it in to the computer, it does not automatically download the songs that i have in itunes (which were previously from limewire). My friend started to explain to me that you have to make a new file on the computer or something. So how do i get the songs onto my ipod? :S

Gold Member

Post Number: 3854
Brook,
Are the pirated songs actually in the iTunes window or are they still in your limewire folder?

»R²«griff
Unregistered guest
my ipod is open with itunes, i try to put a song on it and it lags....ALOT....all of a sudden the song i just pu ton there dissapers, and every song ON THE IPOD have the little exclmation mark next to them.....I cant get this to stop...please help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3882
griff,
are the songs in the proper format?

Username: Laulyl86

ive looked through all the posts, and my problem has appeared but i havnt actually seen a solution... can anyone help??i plug my ipod (20gb) into the computer (win xp) but the ipod is not getting recognised in itunes... its not getting recognised on the computer at all, its worked before has done for over a month then all of a sudden it has stopped. please help.

megmeg
Unregistered guest
HELP HELP HELP!!!!!! i just got my ipod like 3 months ago but i cant get music on the itunes thing wat do i do :/

megmeg
Unregistered guest
HELP HELP HELP!!!!!! i just got my ipod like 3 months ago but i cant get music on the itunes thing wat do i do :/

megmeg
Unregistered guest
i need help i cant get music on the itunes thin wat do i do ??????:/

Gold Member

Post Number: 3917
You have had the iPod and you still don't know how to transfer songs? How about reading the manual that came with your iPod? Those things have a purpose you know, such as the basic operations. The iPod is for listening to music and those basic instructions can be found in the manual.

READ THE MANUAL!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3918
If you want to know anything BASIC about your iPod READ THE MANUAL! That is what you DO!

Unregistered guest
Am unbeleivably confused as my computer used to accept cd's they would come up in itunes so i could import them. But now the itunes program won't even recognise the cd source even though the computer (and any other media players) do! any help would be much appreciated, i am not deeply computer literate and have spent days trying to get it to work so don't have to take all my cd's to uni!!!!!! thanks x

Gold Member

Post Number: 3926
Open your iTunes and click on "preferences".
See the Audio tabs and importing tabs, look in there and see what you have checked as far as playing cds are concerned.

Username: Quick78

I have a 4gb Ipod Mini with only 337 songs on it. Everytime I try to add more songs Itunes gives me this :
Error occurred while converting the file ... The disk you are attempting to use it full
Removing files and emptying the recycle bin will free up additional space

Please tell me what I can do about this. Thanks

Username: Zohe

hi all,

i am a new ipod user. Have no problem in transfering files from my home mac. However, when i bring my ipod to workplace. Whatever file i tried to transfer, be it mp3 or data files, it keeps giving me this error message, " Attempting to copy failed. An error occurred (-36) " can anyone help?

eagerly sort solution

megmeg
Unregistered guest
i really confuzzled my friend got music on the ipod 4 me but i like cant get the music on HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3945
Gek it is a one way transfer only and if you are using 2 computers you have to authorize both computers. Go to apple.com and it will give you instructions on how this is done.

Remember when you transfer music from your mac to your ipod, you cannot use your ipod to transfer the music files to another computer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3946
megmeg,
Of course you will be confuzzled, you look like the ytpe who did not read the instructions that came with your iPod.

How did your friend get music into your iPod? Did your friend use the same computer or are you trying to share files?

Be more specific so we can get to the heart of the problem.

megmeg
Unregistered guest
dude she like was on my computer and did it 4 me while i was doing my hair trying to look good 4 a cute guy while i was doin dat she transfered da songs 4 me i am so so so so confuzzeled HELP ME

megmeg
Unregistered guest
help me

Anonymous

I have a 15 gig Ipod, windows system

About a week ago I was tranferring songs from Itunes to my Ipod. My computer froze up a couple times and ITunes shut down. I didnt think much of it, turned my computer off, unhooked the Ipod, even though it said "do not disconnect", then plugged it into the charger. Later on, I took it in the car to play some tunes and there was NOTHING on it. 2000 songs gone. I plugged it into the computer, when I did that Itunes opened up but it said it could not locate the ipod and to restore it to factory settings - which i know for sure will erase it. And I looked around on the Ipod a bit to find out that the space taken up is something like 8 gigs - so I am thinking my music is still there somewhere!! Do you know how to recover it? Also, if I update the Ipod and ITunes with the newest software - will it erase any songs that may be on there? Unfortunately, I never backed up my songs. :-( PS - I have tried reset and I transfer songs manually.
Any help would be appreiciated! Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3962
megmeg,
Since it was your friend who did it for you, why don't you just ask your friend to do it again? Shouldn't be that complicated.

megmeg
Unregistered guest
i allready asked my friend and she wont tell me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1584
Won't tell you? That's...immature...

Just click 'update iPod' in the File menu at the top of iTunes.

quote:

dude she like was on my computer and did it 4 me while i was doing my hair trying to look good 4 a cute guy while i was doin dat she transfered da songs 4 me i am so so so so confuzzeled HELP ME

Interesting.

Username: Chanel

Okay, i have an iPod mini and i have for about the last two months... everything was okay but a few days ago, it just stopped detecting my recently downloaded music on my iPod... like when i plug it in it says that it is charging but never that it is updating it... thanks so much in advance...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1587
You might have automatic updates turned off? Try reformatting it if that doesn't work...

Anonymous

NEED HELP IMEDIATLY
I just recently brought an ipod mini now today i dropped it n it froze so i manualy reset it tht worked then the apple came onto the screen & nothing has happened i plug it into the computer nothing i try turning it on nothing so if someone can pppplllllzzzzz help me asap it would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1589
Bad hard drive, buy a new one off ebay for about $50 and replace it yourself.

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20040423065341833

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/taking-apart-the-ipod-mini/

megmeg
Unregistered guest
still no help HELP HElP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Gold Member

Post Number: 3998
get your friend

Unregistered guest
Everytime I connect my ipod to try to transfer from itunes or real player I get an error message "corrupt file.exe" and it shuts me down. What do I have to do to fix this? Thanks for anyone willing to help>.

Unregistered guest
wow ok i try to connect my ipod to the computer by that wire thing but it isnt recognized and weni try to update it say please plug in ipod ..so i do and it still doesnt recognize it..and even itunes wont recognize it!! im goin crazy wut do i do

Unregistered guest
ok this whole forum is funny. more than half of you complain that your ipod doesnt work after you dropped it (some of u multiple times)
I ask you if you got a regular cdplayer, dropped it, and it didnt work, what would you do. Punch yourself for dropping it and get over it.

I have an ipod photo 30gb and when i first got it i admit i spent 3 solid days WTF-ing over the sheer stupidity of the thing. Ipod itself has to be one of the bugg-iest things i know and if i wanted i could write a thesis on how many bugs ive found in it. All of which i seem to just get over by cursing at the thing, and then using my common sense to fix it.

Ryan i think you have bad software - update everything to its newest (or sometimes oldest and default lol) OR even more likley you arent using usb 2.0 which causes a million problems... dont get me started.

Sarahhhh u arent using usb 2.0... and saying "wire thing" means that unfortunatley im not going to be able to help u much as you dont know anything. HOWEVER i will say this. I had a similar problem and i fixed it by:
Using a different computer: one that did not have itunes or anything apple that may corrupt it.
installing everything again and using the program to reformat the ipod, basically starting from scratch with a computer that has never touched an ipod before. once it has formatted (it will if your using usb 2.0 (please DONT use USB on the front of your PC as most of the time this is the older interface)) then DO NOT UPDATE ITUNES, do not even connect to the net, just use defaults. This worked and solved my 3day, 500 dollar headache.

ALSO if i see one more person asking how to delete songs.... update songs.... stop it from updating.
JUST TURN OFF AUTO UPDATE PLEASE FOR EVERYONES SAKE
you can find options for this under EDIT, PREFRENCES. Yes only apple would put your options under something other than "OPTIONS"

Anonymous

im staying with some friends at th moment and im wondering whether i can still plug in my i pod to their comp without it deleting all the existing music on there HELP. i have an emac at hoime and the peoploe im staying with do to..any problems?

GaR
Unregistered guest
first load up itunes do not plug in your ipod.

THEN go to EDIT, PREFRENCES from the top menu bar

i dont quite know how it works on mac but there should be a tab there called ipod or something.

click on that and there will be an option to turn auto update off. If you turn auto update off then plugging in your ipod will be at no risk.

Or for future refrence, read the post above yours before u post, which would have given you an answer before u even asked.

megmeg
Unregistered guest
like i said she wont tell me

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1619
megmeg, stop your friendship. She is obviously being a terrible friend. I say you knock her out faster than you can spin the wheel on your iPod to "We're Not Gonna Take It." You have my support!

quote:

ok this whole forum is funny. more than half of you complain that your ipod doesnt work after you dropped it (some of u multiple times)
I ask you if you got a regular cdplayer, dropped it, and it didnt work, what would you do. Punch yourself for dropping it and get over it.

You don't pay $300 for a standard CD player.

megmeg
Unregistered guest
ok? but tell me how 2 transfer songs plz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us