Archive through September 20, 2005

Username: Notimeforagency

Post Number: 1
I went to open iTunes one day to listen to some music and I got some error about the library being corrupt. I had iTunes save it as a "(Corrupt)" version of my library.

I noticed that it said I only had 925 songs in my library where before the error I had 1200 or so. I went and tried to load every other library in my iTunes folder but they all had 925 songs on them.

Is there any possible way for me to clear my library and restore the songs using my iPod or what can I do to get all of the songs back into my library?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1187
Basically, it sounds like the computer cannot find the files in the library-maybe you've moved or deleted them outside of the program from where they originated.

Using your ipod to get some songs back into the library? I would say no, however you can try clicking and dragging if the songs are available to play with I suppose.

Unregistered guest
how do i transfer my itunes and all my songs to a new computer?

Unregistered guest
ok....i got a new computer, and i know how to transfer my songs to it from my old one, but the problem is i dont have the files on my old computer anymore. there was a problem with it, thats why i got a new one...anyway is there a way to copy my ipod library to itunes??? or is there any other way i can do it???

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if u can help...please email me... luvofurlife26@aol.com
THANKS!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
i have a Samsung YP-T5 mp3 player. Can i still use iTunes with it? im confused plz help me

Unregistered guest
i have a Samsung YP-T5 mp3 player. Can i still use iTunes with it? im confused plz help me

Unregistered guest

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1470
No, that isn't possible.

Unregistered guest
I have 8000 songs in my itunes library. I have a shuffle and a 30gb ipod. Is there a way I can deselect all songs(without having to uncheck all 8000 songs) in the library, then check the 120 songs I want to add to my shuffle. Then when I am done is there a way to select all 8000 songs again (without having to check all songs)?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3448
yes...go to edit click on "select all" from there you can do what you want with your selection.

ghhgfhfgh
Unregistered guest
you are a super geek with no life berny

Aras
Unregistered guest
I have bought some songs from the itunes store and they are in my recetly purchased file, but when i update my ipod, the songs aren't added. The number of songs in my library is different to the number of songs on my actual ipod???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3460
Do you remember how to transfer songs from your pc to your iPod?

Username: Booboop

Great Mills, Md Usa

I have 5000 songs, that I want to transfer to itunes, so i can put them on a new ipod and a shuffle.

I was able to get them off of my old 40g ipod using ephPod. but now I want to put some on my new 60g and my daughters, shuffle.

I know, its excessive. can someone help.

Richard R
Unregistered guest
Hi:
I d/l'ed a music file, but it won't transfer from my pc to iTunes. Other files transfer just fine and the one in question plays with no problem from the pc. Is there a size restriction? This file is nearly 90mb.
Thanks in advance...
Rick D

Unregistered guest
Hi,
wonder if you can help. I recently deleated all the track numbers on my itunes so now all album songs appear in alphabetical order. Is there anyway to get these track numbers back?

Any help much appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 3535
yes you have to assign them. Double click on the song and it will give you the information on the song. From there you can edit the track number.

Ever watch "Big Trouble in Little China"?

Unregistered guest
Thanks Berny,

Is there a way that i can get the track numbers automatically using the internet in the same way that you woudl get track names? I have about 7000 songs and going through each one will take forever.

and about Big Trouble - Well its like I told my last wife, I only drive as fast as I can see, apart from that, its all in the reflexes

Gold Member

Post Number: 3540
ahah...I knew I heard that name before:-)

I'm afraid you have to do it the hard way.

You could try using the Windows Media player and make a play list and from there you can get info from the net regarding the album information and track number.

Megan
Unregistered guest
How do you add songs and playlists to itunes??

Gold Member

Post Number: 3541
Megan,
If you have an iPod and do not know how to do the simplest of things that iPod was designed to do, you have no business owning one.

But..if you wan to know, how about reading the manual. It will actually show you how.

Ned Lack
Unregistered guest
when i play a song using itunes i get a really annoying background noise on all the songs - it not a problem with the speakers becasue when i am not playing a song there is none of this background noise, is there anything i can do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3574
What kind of annoying background noise?
Do you have a subwoofer on your PC?
Does the annoying background noise go in and out, like it is cycling?
Is it like a drumming sound, much like drum sticks tapping on the rim of a drum?

Jackdaw
Unregistered guest
Berny, When I play songs on itunes that I pulled off a cd, the spaces between songs are gone. That is, one song finishes then the next song immediately starts. The remedy?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3633
go to iTunes
go to preferences
click on "Audio" tab
check "crossfade playback"
from here you can designate how much silence you want in between songs.

Unregistered guest
i share a similar problem as some other people,as it were, but i really need help!!!
i have a new computer and want to get the songs from my ipod into the itunes library without having to delete them all and re-import them all... what do i do?!?!?!?!???
please email me if you can help at all!!!
buddhaducky@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 3641
Make a copy of your musci from the old computer and put on removable media, i.e., disc or portable hard drive. Then you go to the new computer and just copy all the songs to your new pc.
Why must you make this more complicated than it is?
Unless of course you don't have any removable media, you really should invest in one.

Edob
Unregistered guest
hi my names ed and im anoyed cos my lil bro deleted all my songs on itunes but all my songs on my ipod r still dere how do i bring allmy songs from my ipod to itunes library or any where else ive tried copy and paste and draggingyet it still does not work can u help me?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3644
One way transfer only...you should do a search on a separate program that can do that.

Unregistered guest
ok, berny
sorry if i'm complicated, but what can u do if u are, like nowhere near the old computer ne more (coughcough college coughcough)? thanx again!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3674
uh-oh, looks like you need to do it the hard way. Unless you can access you rcomputer from college then you rmusic is stuck. You can't trasnfer your songs from your iPod to your new computer unless you know some hacks.

Unregistered guest
can anyone help me?! when i connect my ipod mini to itunes, it doesnt register that it is connected, but my ipod still says 'do not disconnect'...how can i make the computer find the ipod, or disconnect it safely? please email or post asap thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3740
turn off computer, remove ipod.

Unregistered guest
hey Berny i just got a ipod and i download music off limewire and itunes knows that i have limewire but it won't import the songs can you tell me how to import songs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3747
yes, iTunes has an import files feature, go look for it you little thief. From there you can transfer your stolen music. Hide your IP, RIAA is coming for you.

Tmac
Unregistered guest
is limewire pro you pay for the music

Gold Member

Post Number: 3748
You don't need to convince me pirate.
Now you are not just a thief, you are also a liar.
Now get out of here you filth, you got what you wanted. shoo you fly!

Anonymous

i have a 4gb mini ipod. I have around 800 songs on my itunes n my ipod. i studily deleated all the music in my itunes does that mean when i plug my ipod in to download songs ive jus put on, all the other songs wil b deleated??

Unregistered guest
I have a 30gb photo ipod and I was wondering how I transfer pictures to itunes.

Butterfly006666
Unregistered guest
hey, my ipod wont turn on or even reset..it is fully charged and i dont no what to do.. please help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3782
how old is it? Is it still under warranty?

pissedoffipodowner
Unregistered guest
the first time i plugged my ipod in everything worked fine, i added all of my songs and nothing was wrong, the problem came when i wanted to add a few new songs to my ipod, when i plugged it in to my computer (and ever since) i got a warning message telling me the ipod needed to be restored, which meant i had to completely erase all of the existing songs on it, then add every song in my itunes again. this has to be done every single time i want to add a new song onto my ipod...surely something is wrong here? any help would be appreciated

Username: Katberry21

I have an ishuffle and itunes. I have made cds before by creating a playlist and burning a disc, but now when i do it it tells me that the songs in my playlist cannot be burnt to disc - when the songs are all ones i have burnt to disc before.
Any advise on why its suddenly saying this?
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3785
You probably have it protected.
Whatever the case do not use iTunes to burn discs, use a different program.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3786
pissedoffowner
go to your itunes
click on edit
click on preferences
go to ipod tab
from there click on "manually manage songs or playlists"
this way the ipod does not renew all the songs everytime you dock it.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Berny

Is there way to transfer all my songs from itunes onto My Songs so that i can burn discs from My Songs instead of itunes then?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3791
Yes you can. You must first need to find out how and where the iTunes program is putting the copies of the CDs are being stored.

Go to iTunes.
Click Edit.
Click Preferences.
Click on Advance tab.
Look at the window that says "iTunes Music Folder Location" and make a note of it, write it down.
Do not close the window just yet.
Now click on another tab called "Importing"
On the Window that says " "Import Using:" click on the pulldown and choose "MP3 Encoder"
Now click (on the same tab)"setting" choose "higher quality" or whatever you feel like choosing.

There are other shortcuts in doing this but this is one that I've tried that does not hang in the burning process.

Now that you know where the files are being stored you can refer to it when burning your CDs. The reason that we chose to encode on MP3 is because it is more universal and easier to transfer to a regular CD that can be played in a regular CD player. And if you want to make an MP3 disc, it is already in the right format.

good luck and let me know how it turns out.

reallyconfused
Unregistered guest
I have an iPod mini. I usually charge it overnight for later use the next day. How come when I play my iPod mini, it only lasts for an hour, even though I've charged it for 7 hours or so? The battery bar thing on the top right is still full but there's a message saying that the battery life is low.

Solution?

ipodminiowner
Unregistered guest
hey..how come the songs in my library are not equivalent of that in my ipod mini??

the songs in my mini is a lot less than the songs in the library.

help!

pissedoffipodowner
Unregistered guest
itunes doesnt detect the i pod, when i go to that it says "no i pod detected"....so thats what i have gathered anyway, its not a matter of renewing all the songs, more an issue with restoring the entire ipod back to factory settings

Gold Member

Post Number: 3818
really confused, your battery is dying. Have it replaced if it is still under warranty.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3819
pissedoffipod,
have you gone to apple.com? Under tech support, do a search on restoring your iPod.

If it is under warranty call them or send it in for replacement.

hicccup
Unregistered guest
i've just switched from music match to itunes. i've updated my ipod software and downloaded itunes etc. i've got a whole load of music on itunes now but for some reason, itunes won't let me transfer the tracks onto my ipod. the ipod shows up but there's a little no entry sign on it when i try to drop tracks into it. it's doing my head in!!!

Post Number: 3
thanks Berny

I have found all my copies of the cds i loaded onto iTunes, and I can make up folders of mixtures of the songs now and burn to disc from the My Music program instead of from iTunes - but one thing - I can't find the playlists that i had made up in iTUnes, they dont seem to have been stored - do i have to make up all new playlists in My Music?

Unregistered guest
just brought new 20gb photo, working on my mac just fine, tried connecting it to me gals mac and the ipod icon comes up(and ipod says do not connect) but i does not show in itunes source menu? My gal put her older 20gb non photo into my itunes and it was fine! we tried updating her itunes with the disc that came with my new ipod, but it still doesnt register my ipod!
any suggestions!
hope that wasnt tooo confusing!

Username: Rawsea

Both my roommate & I are experiencing the same problem while importing music into iTunes from cd's. We're using separate machines, I'm using a new Dell laptop and he's using a slightly older Dell desktop. The problem is the speed in which the music imports. This is very slow, in some instances the speed is "0.8x" or lower. Just recently while importing a cd, the speed of import for the 1st 13 songs was as it used to be, extremely fast (4.0x plus), then for the remaining songs back to "0.8x" or lower. This has been a reoccurring problem with music importing over the past few weeks. We'd previously imported over 6 gig's of music with no speed issues and now all of a sudden, the song takes longer to import than it does to play? What can we do?

Unregistered guest
hey can you please help me please i dont want to sound like stupid but i cant get my ipod to be found as a source on my computer anymore..... i always have the cable in the same port and when i plugg it in....it wont appear in itunes or come up with a do not disconnect sign just a charge sign and it dont even charge great...... i can turn it on to look at the songs...but i want to be able to have it appear in itunes again help

Gold Member

Post Number: 3851
Kathryn Berry,
I'm afraid that you do have to make up a new playlist. Once th eplaylist is taken out of iTune, it is usually gone.

Anthony K
Unregistered guest
Hey
well about 4 months ago i borrowed my friends ipod, and i downloaded copy pod and took some of his songs. i then put the songs on my ipod. however, i deleted the original copypod songs, thinking that i didnt need them. but now even if i plug in my ipod and try to play the songs in itunes it says "the song cannot be located would you like to relocate it" or something like that. i would like to play the songs on my computer and burn cds, but i cant. could you please tell me how if i can? thanks

elizabeth98932
Unregistered guest
whenever i plug in my ipod it deletes all of my songs even if itunes isnt open. i had over 2000 songs on it and now i have none. i only have 569 on winamp and over 1/2 of all of my songs came from the library and i really dont want to check out all of those cd's again and i dont even remember what most of them are, is there any way to get my songs back and if not is there a better program that wont delete the songs off of the ipod?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3909
It doesn't matter whether your itunes is open or not you have to go to preferences and make sure that the songs are managed manually and not automatically.

Unregistered guest
hi berny,
i'm having problems with uploading itunes onto my system.
i have an older operating system, it runs on windows millenium, the home edition of windows 2000. my problem is i cannot install itunes. i have tried everything. i cannot install it from a disk or from an internet download. it's so frustrating!!! i get a message when i try to install it that says 'itunes will only run on windows 2000 or later'. i have windows 2000, it just isnt the professional edition. please help me find a solution, my mini only has songs from last year on it which i uploaded using a friend's computer. i really would like some form of control over whats on there at what time. please help me!!!

Mesha
Unregistered guest
Hi
Does anybody know how to change the language on Itunes? It would really help.
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3931
Lorie, the iTunes will not work on your computer, no matter what they say. It will always have issues. You need to get XP.
And you complicated things further by hooking up your iPod to another computer. The iPod is a selfish little thing and full of quirks.

Sorry but you have to upgrade. Did you not read the computer requirements on the bosx of your iPod when youpurchased it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3932
Mesha,
Go look on your iPod's menu and you will see the settings there that you can change the language.

Mesha
Unregistered guest
Hi Berny,
Well I tried that but it still doesn't change the language on Itunes(5.0)
Thanks anyways

Mesha
Unregistered guest
Hi Berny
Me again I figured it out, thank you very much though for your trouble.

Unregistered guest
thanks anyway berny. i bought my ipod duty free, but i assumed that itunes would also work on my computer because it was a form of windows 2000. i'll get xp eventually, i'm sure! (even if it does take a while!)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3942
I'm glad it worked out for you Mesha. Have fun with your toy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3944
Lorie,
Sorry about your dilemma, good luck with your upgrade:-)

Now make sure that when you do upgrade...do not connect your ipod until the program to make it work is fully installed on the computer.

Anonymous

Hi
I had trouble downloading the new itunes version 5. I finally got it setup and when I plugged in my ipod it asked a question about libraries and as I only have one I clicked yes. Well needless to say I no longer have music on itunes or my ipod. All the music was deleted to a blank library.I use XP is there anyway to reverse this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3961
try finding it in your recycle bin
I doubt that has been deleted. It was probably moved to a different folder. If you know the file extensions ofyour music you can just do a search on it.

Lorie Marie
Unregistered guest
thanks for the tip, it'll help!!!

Iris
Unregistered guest
Hey Bernie!
Hope you can help. I downloaded a new version of itunes and when i plugged my ipod to the computer it didnt recognise it. When i turned my ipod on, all the music was gone. How can i make the computer recognise my ipod?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3990
Iris,
Try to do a system restore and restore your computer back to another day when the iPod was working. Do not download any updates for your iPod if it is working fine.

Unregistered guest
BERNY ipod GURU - please help

I have just bought a new iBook and when i plug in my old ipod i can see the songs on the ipod and they are available to play but can't get them into my new library. Is there any way to transfer the library to my new laptop???

Your wise words would be appreciated
Wax on Wax off I am your apprentice :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3991
Elaine,
I'm afraid that the iPod was designed for just a one way transfer. You cannot upload songs from the iPod to another computer.

Read up on manual that talks about using the iPod as a removable hard drive (or hard disk). If you can save your music files on the iPod by way of the hard disk you can then transfer your files to the iBook.

Unregistered guest
I did a restore on my computer(new Dell) trying to find some lost music files. Since then I keep getting an error message telling me that itunes is missing some files and cannot start, what have I done?

Unregistered guest
I did a restore on my computer(new Dell) trying to find some lost music files. Since then I keep getting an error message telling me that itunes is missing some files and cannot start, what have I done?

InuYoukai484
Unregistered guest
When i try to rip a cd in a an mp3, Itunes shuts down. but i can do it as a WAV, however I need the extra space. Dose any one know what to do

Gold Member

Post Number: 3994
DJR
re-install itunes
but do not update

Gold Member

Post Number: 3995
inuyoukai
go to your itunes and then preferences. You'll find options on importing cd in different formats. Choose mp3

witters
Unregistered guest
When i put i cd in my computer it won't show up on itunes, so i can't play any cd to import music onto my library. can you help?

Unregistered guest
when i go to open itunes it reads itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience.below that it reads if you were in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost. can u tell me how to fix it it affects quicktime too please help me

Shirien
Unregistered guest
Hi there,

I have an ipod mini 6gb which was full of all my favorites. A couple of weeks ago my pc system crashed and i lost everything on my pc, including itunes and my library as well as my outlook contacts.

My ipod was set to automatic synchronising and luckily still contained all my data.

After re installing itunes i made the stupid mistake to connect my ipod and got the option whether i wanted to update the ipod. I choose Yes, and now all my music and contacts (adresses) are gone!! The last of all i had!!

Is there any way i can restore all this lost data?? Please help!

Unregistered guest
Does the Library in iTunes collect all the songs I have saved in the /My Music/iTunes/ folder? If so, how come when I add songs to the folder (itunes), the songs don't appear in my Library in iTunes? Is there a re-fresh button for the Library? Can I delete songs from the Library without losing the songs on my PC? How do I do that?

Thanks for any and all help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4003
Shirien,
I'm sorry but all your data is gone.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4004
witter,
you have to go to iTunes and click on "preferences" from there you can play around with how you import your cd or how to play with the various settings.
READ THE MANUAL

Gold Member

Post Number: 4005
Dano 27
same with you, you have to go to preferences and specify which foldeer you want your music files to go.

READ THE MANUAL

Unregistered guest
well...my ipod mini was stolen and many of my friends have told me there are ways i can get it back without knowing who stole it...uhh what should i do?? Any suggestions on how to find it? Would the police help any? thx.

KW
Unregistered guest
I have imported all of my CDs into iTunes and a lot of the tracks are duplicated in the music library but not on the actual iPod. It's annoying. How can I get rid of the duplications? Thanks a lot...

Unregistered guest
Hey Berny,
I aleady know that i can't download itunes onto my computer because i have windows millenium, but is there a different version i can download just for windows millenium. I don't really want to buy xp right now

Unregistered guest
Hey Berny,
I aleady know that i can't download itunes onto my computer because i have windows millenium, but is there a different version i can download just for windows millenium. I don't really want to buy xp right now. please email me back at drdoom7717@hotmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 4018
Sorry but no, another version for the ME does not exist. You could email apple.com's tech support and they may have a work around for you. I know of no such compatibility.

Moonygal3
Unregistered guest
Hello Berny, I need help...when I click on iTunes to start up it tells me that "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I cannot get access to my iTunes and I have restarted my computer, removed the program and downloaded it again twice and I keep getting the same message. Do you have any idea about how I can correct this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4031
What is your operating system?

lubdub
Unregistered guest
Hey Berny, I could really use some help. I have a similar question as KW does. When I import CDs to my iTunes, it lists each of the songs twice on the computer but only once on the actual iPod. How do I make it so it only lists each song once?

Moonygal3
Unregistered guest
I have Windows XP Professional.

Unregistered guest
ok berny i've gotta question for you. i had itunes 4.9 and updated to 5.0, God i wish i hadn't. in the middle of the update, it like froze so i canceled but it wouldnt cancel so i force quit out of it. i have windows xp by the way. now when i tried to open itunes it wouldnt let me so i uninstalled it and reinstalled using the 5.0 version online and still it won't start. i uninstalled again and installed like 4.7 from my cd that came with the ipod, still it won't open. lastyl i did a system restore to 2 days before the problem and yet again it won't open. what should I do???

jake steel
Unregistered guest
Berry my new best friend,
I accidently deleted my "recently added" default file from my itunes. I need that back so that I can find newly added songs quickly and I have spent hours trying to create a new "recently added" file, with no luck.

How can I get it back.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Jake
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us