Transfering shared files in iTunes from diff. computers

hgkhjvl
Unregistered guest
Hey, I'm living in an apt. complex with a shared network via ethernet. I can view itunes libraries on other peoples' computers, but however i cannot copy these files or save them in any way onto my computer. Does anyone know if there is a program that will enable me to get past this copy protection and transfer the music into my library???

-Cody

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3591
Do you have permission to view other people's files? If you do, why don't you just ask them to copy their files?

hgkhjvl
Unregistered guest
I don't know these people they could live anywhere in my complex. Is there a way to send a message to someone through iTunes?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3598
If you are going to copy their files without permission that would be illegal constitute a federal offense.

If you can view their files in iTunes they are podcasting. You can legally view their files because in essence they are broadcasting but you will not be able to copy any of their files unless you break into some of their encryption again another illegal procedure.

lhebert3
Unregistered guest
I originally loaded mu itunes onto a desktop computer. I had thousands of songs. Now I have a new laptop that I want to transfer my library to...the problem is that my original computer crashed and I never saved my itunes as a large file to my ipod. While all the music is on my ipod, I don't think I can easily plug my ipod into the laptop and go from there. Is there any way around this? All my music was either from CD's i purchased or itunes i bought...it's not like I'm stealing music.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3770
Unfortunately it is a one way transfer. And you cannot transfer the music in your iPod to your new laptop. I beleive that there is a hack but I have not used it. Do a google on iPod hacks.

Anonymous

you can download using myTunesRedux tell Berny... ppl download everyday... podcast this....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3801
Oh yeah sure. Just because everybody is doing it does not mean it is okay. Is that why you are posting as an anonymous troll? It must be okay until somebody else rips you off, huh, thief?

Drake
Unregistered guest
Is there a way of telling which users are listening to my shared files??

Unregistered guest
i've down loaded many songs manually -i own cd's that have been downloaded to my ipod... well that was all well and good till my laptop crashed... whats more is some of the files are from my bands rehearsals... i cannot recreate my libary, how can i drop my ipods libary back to my laptop? how come i'm not a trusted costumer... "i paid alot of $$$$ for my ipod", and i've paid alot of $$$$ for my music, sound board programes to make it all possable... bassguitar, amps, mikes, etc. but apple doesn't "trust" me that i'm within the laws of copywrites... "damn if any one understands infringments it's music writers like me"....

gothic 666
Unregistered guest
i have the exact same problem.. i need to put my music back on to my computer from my ipod :-( but i dunno how... and i cant be assed to download everyting agen... plz help!!

Unregistered guest
MY HUSBAND HAS ABOUT 2000 SONGS ON HIS I TUNES ON HIS DESKTOP COMPUTER. SOME HE BOUGHT AND SOME HE IMPORTED FROM HIS OWN CD COLLECTION. ITUNES SAYS HE CAN TRANSFER PURCHASES SONGS TO 5 COMPUTERS BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE A CD BURNER ON HIS COMPUTER. I WANT TO PUT HIS LIBRARY ON MY NEW LAPTOP. HOW DO I DO THAT WITHOUT HIS HAVING A CD BURNER.

Unregistered guest
I have my itunes on my work computer, i was told to remove it as it is taking up too much space, my ipod is broken for the third time and i need to put my itunes library from the pc in work onto a laptop. Is there a way of doing this??

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone had an answer to a question posted here earlier:
Is there any way to send a message to someone who is connected to your shared iTunes?

Unregistered guest
Hi guys and girls!

I have exactly the same problem!I imported all songs from my cds on a computer in germany and i want to put all the music from my ipod on my new libary now which is not possible!
Please help!

Would it be possible to burn all songs and import from the cd everything to my new libary??

dm
Unregistered guest
as far as transferring mp3s from your ipod to computer, I use a program called iPodrip. I'm not sure where I got it but if you search versiontracker or macupdate you should be able to find it fast.

I am also wondering if you can send messages to someone on the same network through itunes. Like say someone pw protects their playlists, I would like to request a pw to listen to their library.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us