ITunes Help

Bronze Member
Username: 2loud4u

Boca Raton, FL U.S

Post Number: 22
Hey I am wondering if any1 can help me with this. Everytime I download a new song to an artist I already have It makes another section for the artist.

EX. Ludacris -
Ludacris -

Why does It do this and can some1 show me how to correct it. Any help would be appriciated.
Thank You.

Unregistered guest
i got a new computer and i still have my old one working and i have all my 362 songs on the old computer and i want it on this new computer! so if anyone knows how to help me please help!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3726
You don't know how to copy files and transfer them to a new folder on to a new computer? If you do, then you are in business.

If not, return the new computer, you probably have no business owning one.:-)

ipodloverman
Unregistered guest
Berny do u know how to make an ipod hook up to the comp? i cant find where the adaptor goes does it go in the hole in the top coz i thought that none of the holes on the top can be used at all will i break the hard drive?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3739
in your ears, then touch your computer and you are good to go.

Mesha
Unregistered guest
How can I change the language on Itunes I'm dutch but I like English more...
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3933
Mesha
Go to the menu on your iPod. You will find the settings for languages in there.

Anonymous

I downloaded itunes six, and now when i search for anything, it doesn;t show the song titles. please help!

cool cat
Unregistered guest
One day i tried to open iTunes and it wouldn't open i dont kno whats wrong with it. I need my songs bac asap! Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

megan
Unregistered guest
my old computer had all of my itunes songs and is not working anymore, is there anyway i can possibly access my old account and get my music back?

Username: Kennethboyle

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear UK

Post Number: 1
I recently had to format my PC due to problems with my hard-drive and I lost all the songs on my iTunes. I still have all the songs on my ipod and I have reinstalled iTunes onto the computer but I know if I plug in my ipod that iTunes will update my ipod and clear all the songs. Is there anyway to avoid this or is it possible to get the songs from my ipod back onto iTunes. Ive got over 10gig of songs!!! help

grifter
Unregistered guest
Kenneth
1)U need to use a different computer OR unistall itunes.
2)go to folder options and dispaly hidden folders
3)pug in ipod (with no itunes on PC) and copy the hidden music to the HDD.
4) Reinstall itunes
5)direct itunes too the folder of music on the HDD

Unregistered guest
one day when i tried to open my tiunes up it wouldn't! something has happened to it, and i dont know how to fix it, when i click on the icon, this box comes up saying:'iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience' what should i do?

Unregistered guest
I purchased about 15 songs from the music store and the problem that i'm having is that once my mini iPod is disconnected from the PC after i'v dowlnloaded them for about a few days ,the songs cant play on my iPod,i have to go and connect it again for them to be able to play...any way of fixing this ? thanks

Unregistered guest
my old computer had all of my itunes songs and is not working anymore, is there anyway i can possibly access my old account and get my music back?

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
ok so i connect my ipod to the computer and itunes opens up..but theres a lock next to the "free space" at the bottom.....how do i unlock that???? PLEASE HELP! ~allie~

Unregistered guest
I'm having trouble joining tracks on itunes. It does not even give me that option. I have the latest version of itunes. Please help.

Unregistered guest
HELP! My iTunes v.6 won't open, and I'm sure I have to reinstall it- all the files are saved in My Music in Windows. If I reinstall, will it completely erase those music files? I don't want to connect my iPod and update, if iTunes is completely empty- lots of music I don't want to lose. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
i have a creative nano plus mp3 player. i am having trouble copying certian songs on it. they work on itunes, but not my mp3?
also how do i convert my media player songs to itunes format?

Anonymous

for some reason the language on my itunes has changed and therefore i can't work out how to re-set it to english. i don't recognnise the language either. can any one please tell me what language this is..."tiedosto" ????

Anonymous

for some reason the language on my itunes has changed and therefore i can't work out how to re-set it to english. i don't recognnise the language either. can any one please tell me what language this is..."tiedosto" ????

Unregistered guest
My itunes won't open. It just refused to open. I get a flash of the agreement screen than nothing. I've tried repair, remove and redownload, even taking down my firewall while downloading. I don't know what else to try?

Sara P.
Unregistered guest
If I update my iTunes to the latest version, will it automatically update and keep all the songs, or will i have a new itunes that i will need to transfer all my music to?

Unregistered guest
My itunes won't open. It just refused to open. Nothing happens, at all. I've tried repair, remove and redownload, even taking down my firewall while downloading. I've even reformatted my computer, and done everything Apple says to do with the Norton Anti-virus stuff and all that junk..
NOTHING HAPPENS.
PLEASE, HELP. SERIOUSLY.

Ricky132
Unregistered guest
My iTunes won't open at all. It opens but like a second later it closes...so i havent been able to upload any songs at all to my iPod. I really need help!...PLEASE!

Ricky132
Unregistered guest
My iTunes won't open either, well it opens for like a second then it closes. So i have not been able to upload any songs at all to my iPod...Please Help!...i really need it!!!

Anonymous

If you have a new computer and want songs from iTunes from your old computer onto your new one then burn them on a disk and import them! if anyone answered this already sorry i just want to help second poster (he needed help) i help peoople if anyone needs help with ITuns/Ipod/computers then e-mail me at gogunbound@hotmail.com and i will help

Anonymous

Also If iTunes isnt working like it opens then shuts then just go to Prop[erties then settings then click on high 32 bit this should help the color. Have fun! i forget how to fi it actualy but this might help a bit. to fix it perminently you need a computer dude. I forget how to cause a computer dude came to my house to do it but i forget what he did. ok have fun

Anonymous

i just remembered how to get it to open turn off your firewall and redownload ITunes this should let you listen but give your comp some viruses

Ricky132
Unregistered guest
umm...ok...but how do u shut off the firewall!?
and thanks for helping!

Ricky132
Unregistered guest
and thanks for helping!

kieru
Unregistered guest
>or some reason the language on my itunes has
>changed and therefore i can't work out how to
>re-set it to english. i don't recognnise the
>language either. can any one please tell me what
>language this is..."tiedosto" ????

it is finnish

Username: Libbie

Post Number: 5
[quote]i got a new computer and i still have my old one working and i have all my 362 songs on the old computer and i want it on this new computer! so if anyone knows how to help me please help![/quote]

Copy them to a blank cd in mp3 format. Transfer the mp3 disk to your new computer in iTunes. That should work.

To do this:
Open My Computer.
Find the folder that your music is in(generally My Music)
Insert a blank disk in the drive.
Right click the My Music folder.
Select "Send to:" and "Audio CD"
This will transfer your songs onto the disk.
Open iTunes on your new computer.
Insert the mp3 disk you just made in the drive.
Click "import".
This will import all the songs on the disk to the new computer.

Or hook up a cable between the two computers and transfer that way.

Username: Libbie

Post Number: 6
and thanks for helping!

Depends on your firewall software. If it is the generic Windows XP firewall, go to Control Panel-->Network Connections-->Firewall. Click "off"

Username: Mr_retardo

Post Number: 3
on the left hand side of the itunes, i have accidently deleted the folders for "recently added, top 25 played," etc. can anyone tell me how i can get those back??

sunset
Unregistered guest
uh stupid question where is the preferences to set ipod to manual update

Anonymous

when i added files on my computer to Itunes it added several albums more than once because i guess they were stored in duplicate folders or something. how to i delete the duplicate tracks from my Itunes library. I got as far as seeing the option to 'show duplicate songs" but how come i cant delete them???

Anonymous

when i added files on my computer to Itunes it added several albums more than once because i guess they were stored in duplicate folders or something. how to i delete the duplicate tracks from my Itunes library. I got as far as seeing the option to 'show duplicate songs" but how come i cant delete them???

Unregistered guest
itunes 6 will not open. One day i went and opened itunes and it said that there was a update availabe for itunes. so i said i would update. i did everything it said to do.. after it was done updating i went to go into itunes and it wouldnt open.. so i went to apple.com and tried to figure what was wrong.nothing happened. so eventually i deleted the whole itunes program. I NEED HELP!!!please!!!

feel free to email me if you have any help:
pleasehelp_me07@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
help!!!!!!!!! i have windows 98 and iTunes doesnt work on my computer. i just got an iPod nano and i dunno how im ever going to get songs!! please help. e-mail me LILMISSKK1011@aol.com

Unregistered guest
help!!!!!!!!! i have windows 98 and iTunes doesnt work on my computer. i just got an iPod nano and i dunno how im ever going to get songs!! please help. e-mail me LILMISSKK1011@aol.com

mellie
Unregistered guest
i have downloaded itunes about ten thousand times now because everytime i open it it just closes and i reallly need some help PLEASEE!!!! does anyone know how to PERMANANTLY fix this problem? thanks guys.

mellie
Unregistered guest
i have downloaded itunes about ten thousand times now because everytime i open it it just closes and i reallly need some help PLEASEE!!!! does anyone know how to PERMANANTLY fix this problem? thanks guys.

Unregistered guest
hi. i recently uploaded mah itunes and downloaded, and all that goodstuff. well, i was using this one system - i forgot what it was - and it caused mah computer to crash. so i had to send it to the people to fix mah computer. now i have it back. the problem is that in having it fixed, all my stuff that was previously saved got erased. including mah itunes and the songs in the library. well with mah ipod, i still have the songs. im just afraid if i hook up mah ipod with mah itunes, that all mah songs will be erased. can someone please help me? is there a way that i can put more songs on mah ipod without losing all mah current ones in it? won't the itunes automatically erase everything and "replace" mah songs with the ones in the library?

Dazzo
Unregistered guest
Hi
Does anyone know how I can download from the iTunes US music store. It says I do not have access and redirects me to the UK music store

Unregistered guest
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me with my I-tunes. I was in the music store and a couple of the songs I wanted to purchase required the new 6 version of I-tunes,well I downloaded it more times than I care to count, but still when I try to put the purchased music onto my I-Pod it keeps teling me I need the new version! Please help as I'm about to throw my I-Pod out the window, hopefully into oncoming traffic!!!!

BKelly
Unregistered guest
I've installed and reinstalled Itunes like 6 times now. Everytime i install it again, the terms of agreement box comes up but closes itself a couple seconds later not allowing me to open it. Any ideas what to do. Im computer illiterate.

kineedhelp
Unregistered guest
OK when i go to open itunes it opens, but then when i try to go to music library or anything it wont let me, its like the whole itunes is frozen but the rest of my computer isnt!!!! PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE HEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
When i try to access the music store, an error comes up that says, "An error occured while trying to contact your radio tuning device.Check your internet connection, or try again later." I have windows xp. Does any1 know what this means?

Siren
Unregistered guest
HELP!
i just put itunes on a new computer then wehen i plugged my ipod in itunes said it was updating and it deleted all my music!!!
n half my music is on the old computer which is like not working!!! so where did all the music go on my ipod?

Username: Minabugic

Bellingham, Massachusettes Unites States

Hi, I have a mini ipod. I have problem with my itunes. The music on my itunes is gone. I looked for help from apple.com and they said that the music is not totally gone. That its in the computor somewhere, but i checked. i searched for all of my music by title and by artist, but i found nothing. Whenever i connect my ipod to itunes, it tells me that my opid is logged in to someone alses account, and if i should load the music. I have all of the music in my ipod. But becasue of this problem, i cant download any new songs.

Please help me. E-mail me at: minabugic@hotmail.com
thanks

Username: Dmoore

I want to merge two libraries. The two libraries contain several albums that are the same. How can I automatically delete any duplicate songs when I add the libraries together?

dustinmoore98@hotmail.com

Username: Lucl

Hi, I have a mini ipod. I have problem with my itunes. The music on my itunes is gone. I looked for help from apple.com and they said that the music is not totally gone. That its in the computor somewhere, but i checked. i searched for all of my music by title and by artist, but i found nothing. Whenever i connect my ipod to itunes, it tells me that my opid is logged in to someone alses account, and if i should load the music. I have all of the music in my ipod. But becasue of this problem, i cant download any new songs.

What can I do?

Username: Ambeezy

hi i really need help.
whenever i try to upload songs onto my ipod from itunes it says i need to run a dskchk.
wat is that?
and it also says an error occured while trying to upload.
so none of my new songs or playlists will go onto my ipod.
help???

if i uninstalled itunes and reinstalled it would that fix my problem?

Username: B3aut1fulxm3ss

The iTunes on my computer won't let me use my party shuffle. All my songs will be there and when I click the "refresh" icon, it doesn't shuffle my songs.

Can someone help me fix this?

Username: Will_rp

I'm trying to use music I ripped with itunes in another program, and so I am hoping someone out there knows how to convert the iTunes mp4 files into normal a mp3. any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8372
You can actually use iTunes to convert the files to mp3.

Go to Preferences
Advanced
Importing
Import using : MP3 Encoder

Username: Dc0616

i transferred all my itunes music from my old computer to an external hard drive. i would like to access the music in the external hard drive with my new computer. do i have to manually import all the music into itunes or is there a faster way? any help would be appreciated.

Username: 0_oxkitxo_0

I have one question. I'm not sure how it happened, nothing was done with itunes, but now when it's opened, all the songs have been cleared, every single one. Is there a way I can get them all back?

Username: Heze

How do u organize your videos into the movie and music video sections of your ipod because all my videos go to my movies section

Username: Tombomb

Hey Berny,
i tried to install itunes and everytime i go to open it it says "itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close", i tried reinstalling it and everything it just wont work... what do i do ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8559
What is your OS?

Username: Bisous

Can someone help me with this problem? I have successfully transferred all of my music to a new computer and itunes seems to be working fine, but when I go to music store, I get the message that "itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close" every time I try to search for music. I have the windows firewall turned off and my security software firewall lists itunes as an exception. I don't know what else to do

Username: Melrecktate

when i plug my iPod nano in my iTunes is all faded and it has a little lock next to the used space at the bottom. What should i do?

Username: Zcherryz

HongKong

i formated my computer yesterday, with songs still in my ipod. so i tried to get it back into my itunes. however my songs are all erased..
so are there any ways of getting my songs back?? PLEASSEE , i want my songs back! thank you!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10133
Sorry to hear about that Cherry. Where did you purchase the songs?

Username: Rippedmask

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!?!?!?!?!?!? I have installed and uninstalled and done everything possible to my puter to try to get iTunes to work but nothing works! The licence agreement comes on the puter screen the like a second later it dissapears! and i really wanna put some songs on my iPod! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!?!?!?!?!?!?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10291
What is your OS?

Post Number: 2
Windows XP

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10294
With the exception of Windows Media Player, remove any other programs that plays mp3. You may be having comaptibility issues. Do not dock your iPod for any reason until your iTunes have been installed.

If you docked the iPod before you install iTunes, you may experience problems.

thanx, but it didnt work. I deleted everything with mp3 compatibility and all my things that plays mp3s but i still get the flash of a licence agreement. any other suggestions???

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10296
Are installing from a disk?

Post Number: 4
yea im installing from the disk that came with my iPod

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10297
go to apple.com and download the iTunes program from that site.

Make sure to download it to your desktop. DO NOT run the program from the website.

After it's been downloaded, install and follow the prompts.

Let me know if it works.

Username: Blondesweetie

Well when I try to run iTunes a "send error report" box pops up. After numerous amounts of trying to get iTunes running I have failed. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem? email me at blondehunny07992@yahoo.com

Username: Blondesweetie

Please answer me asap!

Username: Zcherryz

HongKong

Berny,

i just downloaded all my songs... haha..
so do u know how to fix it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10417
Can you be more specific? I know you formatted your computer and such. If you just downloaded all your songs, you should be able to put it back on your iPod like you did before.

Username: Sockmonkeygirl

Okay so I just bought a new PC, my old on crashed with all my music pre-loaded. I have a question if i install Itunes on my new PC, and try to add music to my Ipod Video will all my music be deleted or can I just manually add without deleted the previous loaded music. I hope this makes sense.

Username: Sockmonkeygirl

Corrected: Okay so I just bought a new PC, my old one crashed with all my music pre-loaded. I have a question if i install Itunes on my new PC, and try to add music to my Ipod Video will all my music be deleted or can I just manually add without deleted the previous loaded music. I hope this makes sense.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10492
Yes it makes sense. You can just manually add the songs to your iPod, just don't ever put it on automatic management until you back up all your music files.

Username: Mr_bojangles

When I try to open iTunes I get a message that says something like "iTunes failed to open because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes." When I reinstall iTunes, I can use it once, (though of course all my songs are gone), but once I close back out, if I try to open it again, I get the same message. Can anyone help me out?

Username: Ipod_helper

If your itunes opens then closes 2 seconds after or won't work period go to http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/ there you will find an alternative to itunes I just bought my first ipod and I've never had itunes but from what I've heard you can buy songs on itunes anapod doesn't have this feature but you can drag and drop files either downloaded or ripped from a cd I hope this helps everyone with there problem I registered just to post this because I know how frustrating it was

Username: Moonlit_rose

Everytime I click my iTunes icon, a pop-up that says 'iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close' appears. What do I do? It's driving me CRAZY!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11308
What is your OS?

Windows XP

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11310
Uninstall.
Re-boot.
Look for other programs that play audio and disable them except for Media Player.
Re-boot.
Install iTunes.
Re-boot.
Do not dock your iPod until everything is up and running.

Only after I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes did the problem start. And I've unistalled and reinstalled. I even updated it to iTunes 7 and it still won't open. When I uninstalled, not everything got erased. And I tried erasing it manually and it won't work either.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11312
Since you are using XP, go to the System Restore Utility. Go back far enough since before you installed iTunes or before the problem started.

Post Number: 4
Unfortunately, that was in July. I tried it, but there isn't enough virtual memory. It only completes a little abd seems like it freezes after that.

Post Number: 5
*and

Username: Dresdendoll101

When I try to download I-Tunes, an box pops up that says its not a valid win32 application?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us